Detailing & Automotive Care Use this forum to discuss detailing, cleaning and automotive care to maintain the beauty in your Mercedes-Benz.

What to use on interior? Pics included

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-11-2007, 09:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Subway
What to use on interior? Pics included

What do you guys think I should use for my interior. Its a 99 E320 with Grey leather interior but I havent done anything to the interior since i got it in 99. I need to shampoo the carpet and clean the seat etc but don't know what exactly to use.

Old 03-12-2007, 12:26 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'd recommend you get four products to clean your interior like new again.

Leatherique Rejuvenator Oil
Leatherique Prestine Clean

303 Cleaner and Spot Remover
Scrub Brush

The leather looks like it needs some serious cleaning and conditioning. I'm going to highly recommend you use the Leatherique Rejuvenator and Leatherique Prestine Clean. This two-step combo is designed to restore dirty, contaminated, hard leather etc to like new. It will also help prevent further damage. The Rejuvenator is packed with conditioners that work deep into the leather to condition the leather deep in the seat while releasing contaminates lodged in the leather. The Prestine Clean is applied after to help remove contaminates and provide even more conditioning. Your vehicle’s leather has many micro pores that can become clogged with contamination from soil, human oils, spills and more. These contaminates discolor the leather and prevent the pores from absorbing conditioners that keep leather soft yet durable. It’s very important to clean and condition the leather regularly so the leather doesn’t dry out, fade and crack. This combination works great on Mercedes cars too in my experience.

A carpet extractor usually works best but if you don't have one or access to one here is what I would do. I would get the 303 Fabric Cleaner or 303 Cleaner and Spot Remover. The 303 Fabric Cleaner is concentrated and can be diluted up to a 10:1 ratio so it’s a great value. The 303 Cleaner and Spot Remover is a pre-diluted version of the same great cleaning solution. With either product you can clean your vinyl, plastic, rubber and fabric surfaces. It safely separates and lifts the contaminates and makes cleaning very easy. First do a quick vacuum of the carpets and then spray the carpets with the cleaning solution. Take a clean brush and dip it in water and brush the area thoroughly, then vacuum it up.

Let me know if you have any questions I'd be happy explain these products in greater detail. Good Luck!!!

Greg @ Detailed Image
Old 03-13-2007, 02:56 PM

Subway
so i picked up meguirs leather cleaner/conditioner and used it a little. ill post some pics later. for the carpets mats, i just soaked them in watter and sprayeds some spot remover and scrubbed then soaked it again then let them hang dry over night...
Old 03-14-2007, 12:33 AM

Subway
here are some after pics. after comparing them, i realized i didnt to that good of a job. lol.

I worked mostly on the bottom half

For some reason the carpets got stiff which is why they are dark in some places

I didnt touch this chair
Old 03-14-2007, 10:49 AM

'04 E320 AWD
I use "Tough Stuff" on carpets and plastic dash materials. It works pretty well if you use some "elbow greese..."
Old 03-15-2007, 08:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

1987 E300 TD
Whats that wire coming out of your stereo head unit?
Old 03-23-2007, 01:09 AM

Originally Posted by lxl_josh_lxl
Whats that wire coming out of your stereo head unit?
Exactly what I was gonna ask!
Old 03-23-2007, 03:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

1987 E300 TD
My guess is maybe he has one of those cassetts with a wire that you can plug into your mp3, and that what might be popping out of the stereo hu