Detailing & Automotive Care Use this forum to discuss detailing, cleaning and automotive care to maintain the beauty in your Mercedes-Benz.

Paint correction on my SL600 - Part Deaux

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-18-2010, 10:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts
Eurocharged 2004 E500, Eurocharged ECU/TCU 2005 SL600, 2010 Caddy SwaggerWagon
Paint correction on my SL600 - Part Deaux

2 weeks after DJ Mayo, at Relections Detailing, did a full paint correction on my SL600, I decided to get my windows tinted. Well, the tint shop did a great job at tinting the windows, and as a bonus, decided to completely ruin my freshly detailed car. The car hadn't even had it's first car wash since the correction, so it was covered in the winter's salt, road chemicals, road grime etc...

The Einstein that installed the tint thought it'd be a good idea to take a cloth and wipe huge sweeping spots on the doors, a-pillars, c-pillars and for good measure, a nice effff you, right across my trunk.

Not gonna go into the verbal exchange I had with that shop, but they did the right thing and agreed to pay the bill to have it fixed.

Today, I went back to Reflections Detailing for what can only be described as a religious experience. I saw a detailing god today, and his name is DJ Mayo.

Here's just a few snapshots that I took. Many more to come in the next few days.

Old 03-18-2010, 10:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Old 03-19-2010, 02:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2013 FIAT Abarth 500
Jesus, that's terrible. Tint shops tend to be really messy as far as wiping up their mess--I know I got a good amount of swirls after I got my car tinted.

Wish there was someone as talented as Mayo here in NorCal; looks like he does pristine work.
Old 03-19-2010, 08:49 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Looks good clayton, your such a pimp! Now just get it ready for the track rental!!!!!!!!
Old 03-19-2010, 11:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
05 SL500, 02 BMW Z3 (Mrs. VF), 05 FJR1300, 91 ZX-11
You have black car disease. The primary sympton is obsessing over small scratches and depth of reflection. I had it once, and it can only be cured by light colored cars.

Looking good.
Old 03-19-2010, 11:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by twinsin
Jesus, that's terrible. Tint shops tend to be really messy as far as wiping up their mess--I know I got a good amount of swirls after I got my car tinted.

Wish there was someone as talented as Mayo here in NorCal; looks like he does pristine work.
I walked into the tint shop today with the invoice for $350.00. They looked at me and said "Is cash okay?"

Originally Posted by jimmyp
Looks good clayton, your such a pimp! Now just get it ready for the track rental!!!!!!!!
JIMMY! Sup, fool?

Unfortunately, gonna miss the next rental. Gonna be in Myrtle playing golf. You bringing the GTR or the Supra Monster? You and I need to line up head to head with that GTR! Would be a sick race. We could literally wave to each other, then entire 1320'

Originally Posted by velvet fog
You have black car disease. The primary sympton is obsessing over small scratches and depth of reflection. I had it once, and it can only be cured by light colored cars.

Looking good.
Not really. I'm obsessed with not having a tint shop install scratches in my freshly detailed SL.

Ok, well maybe a little bit...