MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   Detailing & Automotive Care (https://mbworld.org/forums/detailing-automotive-care-37/)
-   -   WooHoo...Free Detailing is GOOD!! (https://mbworld.org/forums/detailing-automotive-care/46327-woohoo-free-detailing-good.html)

AMG BRED 07-22-2003 08:30 AM

but yeah, the guy whom the pics belong to, is from Arlington, TX.

Kar don 07-22-2003 08:49 AM

Originally posted by AMG BRED
those pics are not my work.. like i said.. they are sample pics from another board.. but either way.. that shine isn't very hard to achieve.
you are correct. shine is not very hard to achieve, especially with S100. I really like the masking quality it has and really makes the paint look good. Zaino's shine will definitely surpass it in my opinion on a well prepped surface.

AMG BRED 07-22-2003 08:53 AM

AlBoston, what do you suggest for keeping the polished lip on my wheels clean and scratch free.. and if there are some tiny scratches, how can I remove 'em?

Kar don 07-22-2003 09:07 AM

AlBoston, what do you suggest for keeping the polished lip on my wheels clean and scratch free.. and if there are some tiny scratches, how can I remove 'em?
hmm could u post some pics of the scratches? I personally like to use a polymer sealant on rims like meguiars #20, zaino, or klasse.

AMG BRED 07-22-2003 09:21 AM

Originally posted by AlBoston
hmm could u post some pics of the scratches? I personally like to use a polymer sealant on rims like meguiars #20, zaino, or klasse.

Will post pics when i get a chance. Thanks.

Kar don 07-22-2003 10:26 AM

Will post pics when i get a chance. Thanks.
def love ur CLK55! Are u putting the AMG dual exhaust on it?

AMG BRED 07-22-2003 10:34 AM

Originally posted by AlBoston
def love ur CLK55! Are u putting the AMG dual exhaust on it?
i can't.. looked into it.. it would require modifying the rear spare wheel well. i don't want to mess with all that. I like have my rear looks as is.. I am done modifying it looks wise. now i am mainly going to focus on the performance aspects of things.

brabus c 07-22-2003 12:55 PM

i got a free license plate from Downtown LA for turning in that survey to them... got to love free stuff :y

oggle 07-22-2003 01:51 PM

Originally posted by brabus c
i got a free license plate from Downtown LA for turning in that survey to them... got to love free stuff :y
With the dealer's ads on it? Those you should throw away man! They should pay you to advertise for them! :D

FrankW 07-22-2003 07:44 PM

Originally posted by machoman
I'm kinda confused... so Frank, what you did is that after you fill in the survey from MB, you turned it in to the particular dealer instead of mailing it... is that correct?
Maybe I can try it in my dealer :D

I gave'em the blank survey....

the detail as they usually charge is $175 at HOI. You can probably ask for other stuff if you don't want the detail.

brabus c 07-22-2003 08:08 PM

Originally posted by oggle
With the dealer's ads on it? Those you should throw away man! They should pay you to advertise for them! :D
i got a mercedes license plate :D never put on the dealer one

oggle 07-22-2003 08:14 PM

i got a mercedes license plate :D never put on the dealer one
Cool. And I had to pay for mine. :(

ElDiabloJoe 07-22-2003 08:22 PM

Niiiiiiice!

Great car, great pics!

But I think ya shoulda blurred your license plate info. Just a privacy thing, IMHO.

EDJ

FrankW 07-22-2003 09:24 PM

thx, but I don't really feel it's necessary because if someone really want to do something they would've done it already when they see me on the street. Even if they do have the intention to do something, they won't be able to get into my community.

vraa 07-25-2003 05:15 AM

Originally posted by FrankW
thx, but I don't really feel it's necessary because if someone really want to do something they would've done it already when they see me on the street. Even if they do have the intention to do something, they won't be able to get into my community.
Same here, If someone wanted to knock me over they would have by now. :D

brabus c 07-25-2003 01:21 PM

Originally posted by vraa
Same here, If someone wanted to knock me over they would have by now. :D
i think it should be a law that if you drive a expensive car, you can keep a gun in your trunk for protection :eek:

FrankW 07-25-2003 10:20 PM

i think it should be a law that if you drive a expensive car, you can keep a gun in your trunk for protection :eek:
SnoopDogg probably does....:D

yodlebenz 07-26-2003 07:13 PM

got some s100...any tips?

i will let you guys in on a lil secret that i found on another board.

Harley Davidson stores (motorbike stores) sell the S100 wax for like 15.00 bucks.. it's worth the buy.. they can only be found at this stores though.. the other alternative product (same thing, different name) is called S21, but you will pay 10.00 more just for the name.

Ok i got some s100. any tips?

thx

brabus c 07-27-2003 02:09 PM

Originally posted by FrankW
SnoopDogg probably does....:D
thats it everybody... you herd it first on this forum.... im going to become a rapper :confused: :confused:

FrankW 07-27-2003 05:43 PM

thats it everybody... you herd it first on this forum.... im going to become a rapper :confused: :confused:
:D ...btw, I just gave my car another coat of wax...haven't drive it since I took those photo on monday.

FrankW 07-29-2003 09:10 PM

1 Attachment(s)
this is after another coat of Zymol...it brings out the color more under the sun, but nothing like the mirror effect on true black cars like the ones AMG BRED posted.

vraa 07-29-2003 11:33 PM

Yeah, in the trunk where you can't get it when you need it :D

FrankW 07-30-2003 12:28 AM

1 Attachment(s)
one more

FrankW 07-30-2003 12:58 AM

1 Attachment(s)
:D

Mr.PS 08-16-2003 10:50 PM

I see you got to autopia and seen scottwax's pictures check out detailcity.com boards sometime also both are good boards.