Detailing & Automotive Care Use this forum to discuss detailing, cleaning and automotive care to maintain the beauty in your Mercedes-Benz.

What is your favorite orbital DA for polishing your car?

Old 04-11-2017, 12:58 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Too Many To List
What is your favorite orbital DA for polishing your car?

I need to buy a new one and I've been burned before by saving a few bucks. What are your favorite
Old 04-11-2017, 02:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 274 Likes on 204 Posts
'19 CLS450
I've used my Griot's for almost 5 years now. I know there are newer, different options available now, but I'm invested in pads and have been very happy with it. When this one inevitably dies, I'll upgrade to a Griot's Boss or Rupes Bigfoot. I mimic Larry @ AMMO NYC whenever possible.
Old 04-26-2017, 03:06 PM

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
2003 CLK500, 2003 CLK55, 2008 CLK550
Ones Ive used:

Griots - Great entry level tool for the beginner to the intermediate user. Great price, solid product, and good results. Very hard to burn paint since its a DA

Rupes - Ive used the 21mm throw version, and wow!! Its an amazing tool!! It covers a ton of ground quickly, has a very solid build. Has a progressive start button so its not at full speed right away. Awesome unit, but expensive. If you will be using it a ton, its worth the cost. If you just have 1 or 2 cars a year to deal with, get the Griots

Flex - Its DA, but its called Forced DA. This is because the DA comes from a geared system. Some like it, some dont. Im still getting use to it. Its a great tool, but I would recommend the Rupes or Griots as an all around more versitile and useful unit. The Flex is a great supporting unit tho. It is better for vertical and complex shaped areas. This is where the forced action keeps it spinning, where the Rupes or Griots may stop or slow its spinning action with high pressure or vertical surfaces.

Thats a good general run down. If you have any specific questions about the units, please ask away!
Old 04-28-2017, 06:11 PM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
2009 CLK 350
been using a PC for about 3 yrs..it works well.
Did my brothers c class last week with it and some Mequairs polish. It made a big impression on him...
heres my 09 clk
Attached Thumbnails What is your favorite orbital DA for polishing your car?-p0120154.jpg  
Old 08-12-2017, 11:22 PM

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
CLK, ML, GL
Rupes by far