Detailing & Automotive Care Use this forum to discuss detailing, cleaning and automotive care to maintain the beauty in your Mercedes-Benz.

Northeastern Winter Maintenance Washes

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-06-2017, 04:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2013 Mercedes-Benz C300 Sport (W204)
Question Northeastern Winter Maintenance Washes

Hey everyone! With the winter months right around the corner I have been stressing out over this soon to be problem. Like everyone here I love washing and maintaining my car! But, the problem is no matter how much I love my car and the washing process, I know I cannot and will not be outside washing my car with cold water in 30-50 degree weather.

With that being said, I would like some ideas on what I should do for those months?

My original plan was to bring it to a car wash during those months. Then in the spring bring it to go get corrected at Detailers Domain. But with all the different issues that might accumulate over time, such as the brake dust build up in the barrels, shiny tire shine gel build up, etc. I don’t think I could do it.

Another plan was to bring it to Phil @ Detailers Domain for a maintenance washes, but his shop is about an hour away. So to drive an hour to wash it then drive it back for it to get covered in salt again doesn’t make much sense to me.

Any ideas and suggestions are greatly appreciated.
Old 11-15-2017, 09:38 PM

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
---
I'm really not trying to be a d!ck, but just wash it and deal with any possible corrections after. Every vehicle in our garage is handwashed meticulously when the temps are above 50 degrees, but we run them through the local car wash every other day during the winter months. It's unfortunate, but if you want to keep them clean, then there isn't much of a choice. Waterless wash perhaps?? I have the products to do it, but I'm afraid...lol
Old 11-16-2017, 08:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2013 Mercedes-Benz C300 Sport (W204)
Originally Posted by wasupdu
I'm really not trying to be a d!ck, but just wash it and deal with any possible corrections after. Every vehicle in our garage is handwashed meticulously when the temps are above 50 degrees, but we run them through the local car wash every other day during the winter months. It's unfortunate, but if you want to keep them clean, then there isn't much of a choice. Waterless wash perhaps?? I have the products to do it, but I'm afraid...lol
No. I get it lol. I was actually thinking about that. Im afraid of waterless washes as well lol. Ill probably end up taking it to a wash and correct it later.
Old 11-28-2017, 07:57 PM

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
2009 CLK 350
Get yourself a cheap sprinkler, park the car over it and let it run five minutes, then pull it a little bit towards the back and repeat. Flush out the wheel wells good too.​​​​​ ​​​​​