Detailing & Automotive Care Use this forum to discuss detailing, cleaning and automotive care to maintain the beauty in your Mercedes-Benz.

What soap?

Old 11-14-2017, 10:29 AM

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts
2012 CLS 550 Launch Edition
What soap?

A bit of a random one but I took my car to the local dealership and they washed it afterwards and the soap they've used is amazing. Any water just beads up and runs off instantly and the paint feels like glass. It's like they've waxed it, etc but they didn't have time to do all that.

I use Megs Ultimate Wash & Wax which is ok but doesn't have the same finish as whatever the dealership has used.

Does anyone know what soap they use at Merc dealerships or will it vary from place to place? Or does anyone have any recommendations?

Last edited by TNTim; 11-14-2017 at 10:34 AM.
Old 11-15-2017, 09:29 PM

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
---
I typically leave a note on the dash - "PLEASE DO NOT WASH" as nothing good can come from a dealer wash in my opinion. Sounds like they may have used a quick detailer wax of some sort OR they just have great lighting at the dealership....lol
The following users liked this post:
TNTim (11-20-2017)
Old 11-18-2017, 10:54 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
E55
The soap will vary based on location and local supply. You could ask the dealership the next time you're there.

I currently use Gyeon Bathe+ and Carpro Hydrofoam. Both have some type of silica additive to protect the paint. They're both on the expensive side, but they're the best ones I've tried to date.
The following users liked this post:
TNTim (11-20-2017)