Detailing & Automotive Care Use this forum to discuss detailing, cleaning and automotive care to maintain the beauty in your Mercedes-Benz.

Anyone here used Wolfgang on a black Benz?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-11-2004, 07:28 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone here used Wolfgang on a black Benz?

I've been spending alot of time over on Autopia learning proper detailing techniques for my CLK430 (black). I have ordere the cleaner and sealant from Wolfgang.

Has anyone else here use this combo on a black benz? If so, what were your results, and do you have any benz-specific observations regarding application/removal, etc...

thanks!
Old 05-11-2004, 09:07 PM

04' E500 w/Appear. PKG, Panorama Roof
Only use Zaino- car has no swirl marks and look s great
Old 05-12-2004, 09:49 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
'84 380 SL/ '02 XK8
I tried this an an alternative to Zanio and had great results on a black BMW 7series, I don't think the application methology is different for different marque's (unlike paint prep due to different paint hardness)

The secret to the application of any polymer product is to apply it thin (super thin) fill a spray bottle and mist a foam pad for application.

Methodology:
·First, and most importantly, thoroughly prepare your paint film surface.
·Wash, use detailers clay, polish and apply a pre-wax Cleaner
·Shake product container vigorously to ensure mixing
·Apply to a clean, dry surface away from direct sunlight
·Place a small amount of product (about the size of a dime) on to a dry applicator (not the paint surface) apply a thin even film of product to paint surface.
·If you are using a Porter-Cable orbital polisher to apply pre-wax, use a mild cutting foam (white) pad, using a low speed (3.5 – 4.0) and light pressure, let the polish / cleaners do the work
·Apply to whole vehicle (1-2oz of product should be sufficient for most vehicles), taking care not to apply polish to absorbent surfaces (i.e., unpainted plastics and rubber trim)
·Apply to vertical surfaces roof to floor and then left to right, on horizontal surfaces bumper to trunk and then left to right, over-lapping panels to ensure complete coverage.
·This application technique affects the paints optical properties by optimising light refraction and the reflectivity of the bodylines and contours of the vehicle.
·Everything in a straight line, circular movements only add to swirl marks.
·To test for results, wipe off product with a clean / dry Microfiber cloth. If the surface is still dull continue polishing, ensure that the product is worked in to obtain the best results.
·Its primary catalyst is an aerobic process so for the acrylic to dry low air temperatures and/or humidity may effect the time requirement.
·Allow the polish to dry completely, the longer the product remains on the vehicle surface the easier it is to remove.
Removal: product can be removed with a 100% cotton cloth (Alpine DF™ Microfiber towel) or a with a Porter-Cable random orbital polisher and a non-cutting type (Grey) foam pad
(speed # 4)

~Hope this helps~
Old 05-12-2004, 10:53 AM
Almost a Member!

Thanks! I've copied this to my desktop for future reference. WG/Souveran kit arrives tomorrow... now for the PC!