Detailing & Automotive Care Use this forum to discuss detailing, cleaning and automotive care to maintain the beauty in your Mercedes-Benz.

Magno Paint Care Question/Concern

Old 02-17-2018, 06:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2015 S550
Magno Paint Care Question/Concern

Picking up an AMG GTC Edition 50 Tomorrow and am having 11th hour concerns about paint and upkeep of the magno matte paint. I am not always the best at getting the car washed the day after a rain storm or if it gets bird droppings on it. Would usually take it to the hand wash by my house where I have always taken my cars with regular gloss paint finishes. I live in so cal so the bird droppings are more of an issue than the rain. Just know I most likely won't have the time to give it the attention of using Dr. Beasley's on a daily or even weekly basis. From reading all the threads here the advice seems mixed. Some say it's a nightmare while others say just using water and car wash cleaner without wax additives is safe. Not sure what typical car washes use but would hope hand wash locations in LA have enough experience with matte cars by now. Any advice would be super appreciated!