Detailing & Automotive Care Use this forum to discuss detailing, cleaning and automotive care to maintain the beauty in your Mercedes-Benz.

Cleaning Windshield Mercedes S550

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-16-2018, 09:09 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
2013 Mercedes S550
Cleaning Windshield Mercedes S550

I just had the windshield replaced again on my Mercedes S550, this time with an OEM windshield for which I had to pay the difference from an aftermarket windshield (see my post on 5/10/18 Windshield replacement problem). The insurance agreed to replace the windshield since the rain sensor did not work right with the aftermarket windshield but required me to pay the difference for an EOM windshield.Something did not look right as soon as I got in the car.I noticed that the inside of the windshield has streaks and is dirty as shown on attached picture.I started to clean a small area with a small microfiber cloth that I use to clean my eyeglasses with but then noticed that there are large areas of the inside of the windshield that need cleaned. I also noticed a faint circular area on the inside as well.I understand that since there is a UV coating it needs to be cleaned with care.What is the best and safest way to clean the inside of the entire windshield?
Old 08-03-2018, 03:53 PM

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts
2013 ML350, 2019 S560
Recommend Stoner Invisible Glass on their Reach & Clean tool. Spray it on tool outside car then use to clean windshield. Do this in cool area out of direct sunlight.
The following users liked this post:
jff550 (08-05-2018)