Detailing & Automotive Care Use this forum to discuss detailing, cleaning and automotive care to maintain the beauty in your Mercedes-Benz.

Is there a wait time before wax/sealant for MB

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-12-2019, 11:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AMG GLC 43
Is there a wait time before wax/sealant for MB

I have new Volvo it says to wait a time to apply products because paint is still curing, I think 90 days.

Is there any rules like this for MB, I just got my GLC 43 Selenite Gray, built 1 month ago.

I dont know if there are any newcomers to top it, but so far I am committed to Zaino after the success I had with 2008 VW (you should see how that finish looked when sold at 10 years old) and subsequent cars.
A CLA 250 lease car was remarkeable at 3 years old and it was never garaged. Only Zaino'd it once a year and used a cloth automatic car wash often.
The process I use is wash when new with dawn, clay bar the new car, wash again with mild car wash soap. I only use the thick gold car wash, I think its Mcquires.
Zaino's paint sealant clear spray. Z5 with zfx set overnight. Z2 with zfx top coat again set overnight. Doing door jams etc too. Sometimes use a straight Mothers carnauba not the cleaner-carnauba on top but doesnt last long.
I'll clay lightly and reapply zaino soon again when new and then at least every year depending on the weather and how well the car hand washes without effort. But only stripping with Dawn once when new.
I only hand wash my special cars and only cloth-machine washed the lease car.
Old 02-21-2019, 08:24 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
When you say built do you mean you received it a month ago?

Most new cars have been left to cure for at least a few weeks before reaching the customer. If it's a new paint job on the other hand, the safe windows are usually 60-90 days before waxing / sealing / coating.
Old 02-21-2019, 04:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AMG GLC 43
yeah it was built 1st week of Jan, I assume body painted some time before that should be near 60 days, I probably start my new car polish process this weekend.
Old 02-22-2019, 04:11 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Yeah, I don't think you'd have any issues. This is a solid article on it:

http://bestride.com/research/tips-an...ly-painted-car
The following users liked this post:
tiri (06-28-2019)