Detailing & Automotive Care Use this forum to discuss detailing, cleaning and automotive care to maintain the beauty in your Mercedes-Benz.

First Wash - Couple of Questions

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-02-2004, 09:23 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
First Wash - Couple of Questions

OK I completed my first wash of my new E500. The car is Capri Blue. No problem washing and I skimmed the beads off with the California Water Blade which I've had good results with.

Here's my problem. I followed up with Water Blade with the Blue-Max Waffleweave cloth to mop up the remaining droplets. That seemed to leave streaks so I followed that up with a regular mircofiber cloth. After the car appeared to be dry, I returned to find the car full of streaks to the point it looked like there was a film on it! I wiped the car down again, this time with a clean yellow flannel cloth and this seemed to aleviate the problem.

What happened? The car is only a week old. My dealer did apply this Simoniz 5 system on the car (a throw in) before delivery. Does this have something to do with it??
Old 07-02-2004, 09:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Turbo Diesel
bump nice car
Old 07-02-2004, 10:18 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
The California Water blade probably did it.

Either that or I'm not understanding your question right.
Old 07-03-2004, 09:48 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
After drying the car, it needed to be almost buffed out again with the yellow flannel cloth because it had a film all over it. Oddly, the roof was the only area that was OK, and it was also the only area had only been dried with the Waterblade. I hadn't touched the roof with the Blue waffle weave and the microfiber.
Old 07-03-2004, 11:00 PM
RJC
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 260 Likes on 186 Posts
Couple of reasons; m/f towel put in dryer with fabric softner/sheet, car still had some residual soap on it, you washed and or dried it in the sun or the car was still hot which cauesed the soap to leave streaks behind.