Detailing & Automotive Care Use this forum to discuss detailing, cleaning and automotive care to maintain the beauty in your Mercedes-Benz.

Question on drying towels and technique..

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-01-2004, 11:32 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Question on drying towels and technique..

I typically use the California Water Blade to squeege the big water beads off the car and will follow up with the Blue Max Waffle Weave towel. The water blade works pretty well and I wipe it off before each sweep of the blade. I haven't been getting good results with the Waffle Weave, however as it leaves streaks.

What do you guys and gals recommend for a follow up drying towel? I was thinking about the P21S Drying Towel.
Old 09-01-2004, 08:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't use the WW towel you have, but I do use the equivalent water blade. I usually do the water blade thing and use my Sonus Ultimate Drying towel to get most of the remaining water out. I then follow up with my Sonus drying towel to get the remaining water beads that seem to drip from the crevices. You can get this stuff from Autopia. I'm probably gonna try the Purple Passion combo soon

I've never tried P21S drying towels. I thought they just made paint protection stuff. I guess you can do some research about it and see what other people think.
Old 09-01-2004, 08:20 PM

Originally Posted by bigBoe
I don't use the WW towel you have, but I do use the equivalent water blade. I usually do the water blade thing and use my Sonus Ultimate Drying towel to get most of the remaining water out. I then follow up with my Sonus drying towel to get the remaining water beads that seem to drip from the crevices. You can get this stuff from Autopia. I'm probably gonna try the Purple Passion combo soon

I've never tried P21S drying towels. I thought they just made paint protection stuff. I guess you can do some research about it and see what other people think.
Diddo on the Sonus Ultimate drying towel. Sometimes I dont even use by Waterblade. The Sonus towel dries that good.
Sonus Ultimate drying towel
Oh did I mention the towel is HUGE!!?
Attached Thumbnails Question on drying towels and technique..-sonus-ultimate-drying-towel.jpg  
Old 09-02-2004, 12:01 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

09' 335i coupe
I have a water blade, but too afraid of it now because of the annoying squeeqy sounds. So I stick to the traditional towel!
Old 09-02-2004, 07:05 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
K Car
I use the water blade as well, and then I follow up with a large, thick, 100% cotton, good quality white towel. Works great, and leaves no streaks.
Old 09-03-2004, 10:18 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Mercedes-Benz
wow, a lot of waterblade users. Those scare me after a rock got caught in it and scratched a car of mine. They do make life easier tho, thats for sure. I stick to a low pressure rinse (take the nozzle off the hose) and sheet the water off. Then I follow up with the waffle weave towel.