Info/Impressions on new E Class Diesels

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-07-2005, 02:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No MBs
Info/Impressions on new E Class Diesels

Hi,

I'm not a current nor former MB owner. I am a car enthusiast however as I build and race cars, partially as a business and partially for enjoyment. I've owned a lot of interesting cars over the years as hobby cars, but for daily drivers I've never owned a MB.

I test drove a E320 CDI when they came out awhile ago and liked it. My wife and I are thinking about getting one for her daily car and I was wondering if folks could share experiences about it. I'm more interested in reliability data on the car, problem areas, etc. as I know it is a car we'd enjoy and use a lot. I just want to hear if folks have had issues with the new E class cars or the 320 CDI in particular.

Thanks much,
Ron

www.gt40s.com
Old 12-08-2005, 01:19 AM

2005 E320 CDI, 1999 ML430
Originally Posted by Ron Earp
Hi,

I'm not a current nor former MB owner. I am a car enthusiast however as I build and race cars, partially as a business and partially for enjoyment. I've owned a lot of interesting cars over the years as hobby cars, but for daily drivers I've never owned a MB.

I test drove a E320 CDI when they came out awhile ago and liked it. My wife and I are thinking about getting one for her daily car and I was wondering if folks could share experiences about it. I'm more interested in reliability data on the car, problem areas, etc. as I know it is a car we'd enjoy and use a lot. I just want to hear if folks have had issues with the new E class cars or the 320 CDI in particular.

Thanks much,
Ron

www.gt40s.com
I’m at 8500 miles without a problem other than an SRS light that was fixed under warranty. I absolutely love this car. It scoots when you need to AND sips fuel. What more could you ask for?
Old 12-09-2005, 04:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'05 E320 CDI, '08 BMW X5 4.8i, '11 Duramax 2500HD
Go, no.. Run out and get one. Every day you go without it, is a day you'll wish you didn't!

IMHO is the best car on the market for less than $100K

Not hyperbole, but my honest opinion.
Old 12-10-2005, 10:05 AM

1989 560SEL, 1999 S600, 2005 S600, 2008 S550 4Matic
I have to join these folks in their praises. My aunt owns a 2005 E320 CDI. I've driven it many times and it is a rocket. She actually went to purchase a nice new S-Class for herself but found the car to be too long for her liking. So she tried an E500 and loved it. But I convinced her to get the E320 CDI. Hey, who can complain about having as much power as a V8 while getting 40mpg. Seriously, my cousin checked her trip computer recently and over 12,000 miles she has averaged 39.6mpg and mind you she does a lot of city driving - you know, going shopping, to church, etc, all the things a well heeled stay at home woman in her late 40s does in this crazy world we live in. She has been very happy with the purchase. She averaged 42.1 mpg on a trip to Chicago. And even with all the bad rap on MB quality these days, she still hasn't made a single warranty claim. Go figure.