MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   Diesel Forum (https://mbworld.org/forums/diesel-forum-76/)
-   -   2010 ML 350 Bluetec in Limp mode, lots of codes (https://mbworld.org/forums/diesel-forum/696022-2010-ml-350-bluetec-limp-mode-lots-codes.html)

clearwaters88 01-21-2018 10:30 AM

2010 ML 350 Bluetec in Limp mode, lots of codes

Hi Guys, our Bluetec ML went into Limp mode( revving high in the lower gears and no power) , the coolant temp symbol appeared and the check engine light. I kept an eye on the coolant and it didn't exceed 90c and it was quite cold outside so it didn't make too much sense.*
A bunch of codes were thrown:

P2009 Intake manifold runner control stuck open bank 1.
P2005 Intake manifold runner control stuck open bank 2.
P2006 Intake manifold runner control stuck closed bank 1.
P2007 Intake manifold runner control stuck closed bank 2.
P0112 Intake air temp sensor 1 circuit low input
P00AC*Intake air temp sensor 1 circuit low bank 2
P0489 Exhaust gas recirculation control circuit low
P0031 HO2S Heater control circuit low (Bank 1 sensor 1)
P0102 Mass or Volume air flow circuit low input
P010C Mass or volume air flow B circuit low.
P0100 Mass or volume air flow circuit
P010A*Mass or volume air flow B circuit
P0047 Turbo charger boost control solenoid circuit low

I cleared the codes and drove it a short distance and the coolant symbol reappeared and it never did get out of limp mode. I then cleaned the MAF sensors and the passenger side one was visible dirty and covered in oily residue. I replaced the intake tube and sensors and there was no change. I suspect that the pass side MAF is gone south and my cleaning did nothing.*

I have researched the stuck intake runners and it seems that there is a after market fix with metal parts to replace the plastic that breaks. My question is: are the kits available the same for the gas and diesel motors? I have found the kits on ebay but none specify that they are for the Bluetec.

Anyone else experience a similar issue? *I am looking to diagnose and do the work myself as I have already sunk $6500 in it recently for a bad add blue pump and regulator in addition to a bad HK amp.*

Any help would be much appreciated.*
thanks
Shalil.

kajtek1 01-21-2018 10:44 AM

Did all codes come at the same time?
Such muss sensor failure doesn't happen and I suspect you had voltage drop, or short that trigger that.
What scanner you use? When you have hard codes, only SD level scanner will clear them.
Good scanner should also tell you wchich MAF is triggering the code.

clearwaters88 01-26-2018 02:19 PM

kajtek1 I'm using a Innova 3130 B scanner, I have disconnected the battery in the vehicle and put the battery on charge a few days ago , Today I will connect it again and see what codes it shows. I will report back with the results.

Nimbusiii 07-11-2018 04:01 PM

How did you resolve this issue? Did battery disconnect fix your problem? I have a bunch of codes like yours after servo motor repair. Not sure if there's a short somewhere throwing theses codes. Thanks

mike loyd 04-22-2019 01:16 PM

GL 350 diesel pressure differential

2010 GL 350 turbodiesel bluetec
I went to replace the pressure differential - it is a dual pressure switch. The one I replaced on my daughter's car was a single & it works fine. Why does mine have a dual switch & will a single solve my low power issue?

Towmater 09-12-2019 07:25 PM

Originally Posted by hishameen (Post 7851574)
All of those sensors and actuators run off the same circuit. There could be something wrong with the fuse box or one the sensors is bringing down the entire circuit. That was the case for me, it was the Servo motor. Once it was unplugged all the other codes cleared.

I installed this Intake Motor bypass and everything works now. They seem to have it for every model, just pick the one you need when you order.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/264442323719?ul_noapp=true

I suspect this post to be deleted, but all your posts are about your ebay item... hmmmm.

Also a 4.7k ohm resistor works fine for these cars.

S-Vibes 12-29-2019 03:52 AM

Originally Posted by Towmater (Post 7852429)
I suspect this post to be deleted, but all your posts are about your ebay item... hmmmm.

Also a 4.7k ohm resistor works fine for these cars.

Is there anyone who has successfully run the resistor swirl flap hack that has a model with intake runner position sensors? I'm trying to make this hack work on my 2010 gl350, but even though I don't get any swirl flap motor codes with the resistor in the plug, I do get P2006//P2007 or P2004/P2005. I locked my flaps open and got P2006//P2007 for intake runners stuck closed. I then removed the sensors from their housings and got P2004/P2005 for intake runners stuck closed? Any suggestions will be apprciated

kajtek1 12-29-2019 11:00 AM

FIY the flaps get stuck with gunk build up in the intake.
Locking flaps in open position is not going to remove the gunk and your engine sooner or later will start choking on lack of air.
Band-aid on infected wound can go only so far.

S-Vibes 12-29-2019 11:29 AM

Originally Posted by kajtek1 (Post 7938477)
FIY the flaps get stuck with gunk build up in the intake.
Locking flaps in open position is not going to remove the gunk and your engine sooner or later will start choking on lack of air.
Band-aid on infected wound can go only so far.

Absolutely correct kajtek, and in my case I did all the necessary cleaning when I had it apart to do the oil cooler job mid Nov. The truck had 150K miles on it and the carbon in the throttle elbow and intake manifold was shocking. It was then that I took the swirl flap motor out and replaced it with the resistor.