Sponsored by:

ScanGauge monitors DPF on 250 Bluetec YUPEEEYY

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-04-2019, 11:50 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,729 Likes on 1,379 Posts
1922 Ford Model T / no OBD
For forced regeneration you can use iCarsoft MBII. It required annoying driving cycle since. Annoying becouse you need to keep it on low gear, when every 10 seconds the computer switches paddle controls to automatic.
Than chances are that with ScanGauge monitoring you will simply see when regeneration happens and make extra loop if needed for full completion.
Once again, on my 2014 E250 regeneration had no symptoms at all and computer was still doing ECO stops (what I think is stupid)
Old 05-01-2019, 07:15 PM

Received 41 Likes on 34 Posts
W211 E320 Diesel OM642
They asked me too to collect data on my 07 w211 E320 om642. Dpf monitoring is not ready for my car but perhaps they need more data? I'm willing to drive for I believe 30min with their data loger plugged in.
Old 05-07-2019, 11:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2016 E250 Bluetec 4matic Avantgarde Edition W212
Originally Posted by Steveo1966
I am still waiting to hear on what they are commiting to / promising. I told them I would like the 19 or so that are supported on the Sprinter with same engine per their website.
For 2014 e250 which you have, I believe their website lists 4 x gauge commands. I have the 2016 e250, with to my understanding pretty much the same OM651 engine, but maybe different ECU. They were the ones that suggested sending me a couple data loggers to capture the data from the 2016 e250. I am happy to oblige if it gets me (and everyone) additional xguage command support :-).
Ok here is an update re ScanGauge II and 2016 E250 with 2.1l OM651 engine. I was waiting until my next business trip to the US to get my ScanGauge, and this was last week, so I had my ScanGauge II sent to my hotel and then just carried it back with me on my return to Canada. I have installed it and happy with it so far. Below is a pic of my current setup, followed by a pic of the sheet they sent me with X-Gauges that they pre-programmed for me (all except the highlighted ones, given the max number of x-guages that can be programmed). Again, the Scanguage folks were great to deal with, and gave me a discount given that I had went through the effort of collecting data for them on the data loggers they sent me previously. Also, I did ask them to update their website specific to the E250 bluetec data I captured, and they have done so.. click here for x-guages.

I am still playing with different gauges, but would like some advice on the best way to monitor DPF "health". RGN on or off is obvious, but curious what STL (DPF soot load %) and DPF (DPF fill level%) will trigger a regen. Checking the ScanGuage Website, it is not clear to me the difference between STL and DPF guages? I will check with ScanGauge support guys, but just curious of any input from the forum here. Also are STL and DPF actual values coming from the ECU or is this something that ScanGuage calculates or estimates?

For what it is worth, TRG (total regens) although not shown on the pic above, is 80 on my car which has about 94,000km, and I have had it since 82,000km. I assume this is accurate data from the ECU and represents 1175 km or so between regens. Is this typical or expected? Good or bad? My driving habits since having this car are almost zero short drives or starts, and most drives at least 30 min or more with a good run at least weekly.

Old 05-07-2019, 12:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,729 Likes on 1,379 Posts
1922 Ford Model T / no OBD
I did not see STL X-Gauge when I was programming my ScanGauge, so good to know I have another tool.
I don't drive the car very much and to date drove 3 regeneration cycles with the gauge.
When I plug it, it did show 160% on DPF. I contact ScanGauge and they say it is normal and can go to 200%.
The regeneration did happen short time after and on following cycles. once the DPF shows 100%, the regeneration starts immediately
Once DW stop the car at early stage of regeneration and on following day, seeing that I took it for spin around the area.
Regeneration restarted once the engine warmed up to 60C and it took less than 10 miles in city driving to come down to 0
So far regeneration come every fill up, or 600 miles, but that that is mostly city driving.
In my footnotes you see 2 cars. The white had DPF deleted and mpg seems similar.
Black car shows better mpg, but it did see more of Nevada highways, where mpg skyrockets, when white car drove more on California freeways, where left lane hugers take good toll on mpg.

Last edited by kajtek1; 05-07-2019 at 12:22 PM.
Old 05-09-2019, 02:01 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 1,019 Likes on 947 Posts
1999 E300TD
You have been scammed by sausage *****-----total waste of money regarding diagnostics and parameter adjustment---look at Vediamo or XDOS
Old 09-22-2020, 11:41 AM

Received 113 Likes on 94 Posts
'22 GLE 350 | '15 ML250 | '87 560SL | '19 GLC 300 | '12 C250 (sold) | '02 ML500 | '98 C230
Have read through all of this and see some conflicting information, and could use some help. I'm seeing that the iCarsoft II (MB) does not support the OM651 engine, but can STILL force a DPF regeneration? Am I reading that correctly? Asking as I'm approaching 70k on my truck, and living in Los Angeles during COVID, there have not been that many long drives in the last 6 months, aside from a trip down to San Diego.

I want to be conscious of my soot level and if nearing close to capacity, be able to force a regen. My Autel 802 doesn't have the modules/ability -- was my scanner for my old w163, but for the w166's, it's pretty limited in what it can do/read.