E-Class Coupe (C207) & Cabrio (A207) 2010-: E250CDI Coupe, E350 Coupe, E350CDI Coupe, E500 Coupe, E550 Coupe [Coupes & Cabriolets]

e400 after 1 month lease

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-02-2018, 09:14 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E400 Coupe 2018
e400 after 1 month lease

Had the new E400 for a month now, and experienced issues pertaining to the trunk. the unit was hitting a bolt or something in the hinge area, and they had to replace a bunch of parts. It also has a mind of it's own and won't go down sometimes. It opened up on me during a short drive, and you cannot see it's open through the rear view mirror. the alert is not very loud, like the seatbelt. First time ever driving with a trunk open!

The Carplay is a disaster, the bluetooth can randomly shut off mid sentence while on the phone, if connected via the lightning cable. The Apple Maps is a poor excuse against waze or google maps. previous destinations get stuck in the favorites or recent. Its very hard to get out, and had to comb apple's forums for fixes to turn off icloud, etc to get these destinations to disappear. dealer technician said, they're at the mercy of apple to debug carplay.

There is a rattling noise that comes on the dash after driving the car a few miles... after 2nd time taking it in, they finally said it had something to do with the speaker grill, we'll see if the noise reappears. I did take a short video of it, not sure if I can post that here... but let me know if you have the same issue.

Agree with previous poster... the touch controls on the steering wheel are useless, and hard to fumble with. they should have put an additional USB port for the phone outside of the drink console, so I can keep the wood finish panel in the down position.

I went from a C class to this car, and I have to say... I miss the C class key. it was engraved, I didn't need to look at it to know where unlock, trunk, etc was. I have to look at this key so I can press the proper lock button. it's unnecessarily large.

The dealer of course ran my new black car through an automatic washing machine they had on premises, and now I have that spider-web scratch look you see on older black cars. They detailed it, but I can still see remnants....

On the bright side... it's fast, handles well, and the right size for someone who is 6'2" 245. I don't miss the b pillar, and the small door on the C Class.
Old 03-02-2018, 12:24 PM
exi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
--
Thanks for your post. I looked at and test drove an E400 I liked not too long ago.

In terms of fit/finish and ride quality, how much of an upgrade do you feel it was from your C class (what model was it)?
Old 03-03-2018, 10:23 PM

Received 43 Likes on 35 Posts
2015 E400 Coupe
I had a facelift 2012 C63 and it had zero issues. My 2015 E400 coupe has likewise never had an issue. Maybe it's the luck of the draw.
Old 03-13-2018, 09:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E400 Coupe
I think I had the same problem with the trunk! Something was rubbing against the hinge inside somewhere and it broke the motor that opens and closes the trunk. It did get stuck and I had to manually ease it closed but it never opened while driving. My dealer fixed it but it took weeks to get parts.

I didn't have any problems with the dash rattling but there was a buzzing noise coming from under the left side little window. MB said a screw was left out during assembly so some panel was vibrating a little.

Sorry to hear about problems with carplay. I use android auto and it works beautifully. Love having the waze app on long road trips.

Now that it's winter my car's parking brakes are sticking if its really cold outside or in the garage. Is that happening to you?
Old 03-16-2018, 12:57 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
2018 E400 COUPE SOLD -> Porsche Taycan 4S
nearly 3 months into my E400 P3 Package lease.

2 gremlins to report.

1- Refilling Gas- many gas station nozzles here in CA give me fits. i can not pump gas with the handle fully depressed or latched with the lock to auto fill. i have to angle the nozzle in top down as much as possible and then slowly push the nozzle down as i depress the fill handle.
2- auto window - ive had 2 instances where the drivers side window doesnt do that last auto up increment as i close the door. a couple of presses of the start / stop button resolved it.

other than these 2 issues, the car is amazing. i still miss my CLK w208 but this E is superior in every aspect.
Old 03-19-2018, 02:05 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
S550
I concur that Apple Carplay is a disaster The maps both imbedded and on Apple are a joke MB need to adopt Google Maps