MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   E-Class Coupe (C207) & Cabrio (A207) (https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-coupe-c207-cabrio-a207-141/)
-   -   Subwoofer and Amplifier upgrade - A207 2012 (https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-coupe-c207-cabrio-a207/707616-subwoofer-amplifier-upgrade-a207-2012-a.html)

Laszlo1978 05-15-2018 10:35 AM

Subwoofer and Amplifier upgrade - A207 2012

Hey All,

I would like to upgrade my Harman Kardon 7L system in my E-Cabriolett A207.
I would like to start with the Sub.
Has anybody a diagram of the HK system, including sub in rear sit and Amp? Who can I remove they?

Is anybody done with the upgrade like this? Can you please advise? I am working for an Event Company so I will be able to do it, if it is possible of course.

Thanks for your help!

Laszlo1978 05-24-2018 09:07 AM

Hi,
Nobody knows that? :confused:
Thx

adcirullo 06-06-2018 02:21 PM

I recently upgraded my system in a 2014 E350 cabriolet. I used 2 sets of JL Audio C5650 speakers, JL Amplifier XD600/6V2, JL OEM integration DSP. For the Sub JL 8W3-V3 JL RD500/1 AMP. Undeliverable sound now. First my car did not have a sub. I know I can't believe it too. I can't answer your sub problem. The factory Amp in my car was in the passenger side of the trunk by the gas filler. We piggy backed the stereo amp to that. The AMP for the sub we attached to the floor by the back seat. As for the sub. I had a box made for it and it sits behind my seat. It is finished with black carpet. You can't tell it's there. I do have it were I can unplug it if we are going to have people in the car with us. It's really tight back there so not very many travling with us.
I did not do this work. I can only tell you where the componets are in my car. With installing crossovers, speakers and Amps it's a lot of work

Tony MYMB 07-05-2020 07:39 AM

ON the Harman Kard system take out the rear seat tap into dual bass cone see in my photos solder high level converter (unless your install can use high levels) remote live, Batt + & - can be taken from rear battery area and fuse compartment I then routed the RCA phono leads to my High To Low level converter. I left the dual voice sub connected because sometimes I want to remove the sub, so I put it on a quick release block

I cant remember what fuse I used in the boot just chose one that is only live when the ignition is on

nota_amg 07-06-2020 04:58 PM

Originally Posted by Tony MYMB (Post 8098370)
ON the Harman Kard system take out the rear seat tap into dual bass cone see in my photos solder high level converter (unless your install can use high levels) remote live, Batt + & - can be taken from rear battery area and fuse compartment I then routed the RCA phono leads to my High To Low level converter. I left the dual voice sub connected because sometimes I want to remove the sub, so I put it on a quick release block

I cant remember what fuse I used in the boot just chose one that is only live when the ignition is on

:confused: I'm not positive, but I believe someone may have stolen the punctuation keys from your keyboard when you weren't looking... :naughty: