E-Class Coupe (C207) & Cabrio (A207) 2010-: E250CDI Coupe, E350 Coupe, E350CDI Coupe, E500 Coupe, E550 Coupe [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Counsel needed on prospective coupe purchase

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-06-2018, 11:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Slk
Counsel needed on prospective coupe purchase

With great intention to purchase, I went to test drive and lookover a 2011 E350 Coupe with 29k miles. Sadly, it didn’t meet my expectations, the dashboard wood trim was partially released, the chrome handles on each seat were peeled off, there was a conspicuous yellow/brown stain above the passenger side net pocket - put simply, the interior looked like it had attended a world war. The exterior was nearly as disconcerting, quite a few marks, scratches, road rash, a noticeable imperfection adjacent to the hood emblem. I understand it’s 7/8 years old, that said, at 29k miles I wouldn’t expect for it to look this rough. Thus, I almost think there was some funny business done to the mileage - although I’m not sure how possible that would be as it’s carfax has 23 services recorded to the MB dealership. I suppose all I can ask is, what could’ve happened to this car, that’s not documented on the carfax? or Is this not a remarkable condition for an older E coupe? Much Thanks.
Old 12-07-2018, 07:40 AM

Received 143 Likes on 118 Posts
2016 E400 Coupe (C207)
Sounds to me like the original owner was simply a slob and didn't take care of it (kids, animals, food, drinks, etc., in the car), although I have read posts here about wood trim and the metal seatback releases peeling. I wouldn't purchase that car and I'm confident that you should be able to find a better example.
Old 12-07-2018, 09:13 AM

Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts
2003 E500, 2004 G35X
I agree with Toad. The previous owners probably trash it. If the interior is this bad, you can imagine the poor maintenance on engine, tranny, brakes, etc.! The low mileage may indicate messing with the odometer. If your budget permits, get a 4-5 year old car with average mileage. How the previous treated the car is much more important than just mileage.