MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   E-Class Coupe (C207) & Cabrio (A207) (https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-coupe-c207-cabrio-a207-141/)
-   -   Recall Question (https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-coupe-c207-cabrio-a207/732131-recall-question.html)

mikey08 01-06-2019 01:45 PM

Recall Question

Folks,
I just got the letter that my 11 E350 has the parts for the airbag recall.. Does anyone actually know what is actually being done?? replace of airbags or electronics etc.?
Second, does anyone have any idea of the timing if you are a waiter for the car??

Thanks
Mike

MikeO3 01-07-2019 07:40 AM

According to some of the responses I have seen it takes a few 3 hours to install. Really depends on your dealers workload. Seems the worse part is actually waiting for the part to be ordered due to many shortages.
Link of interest for MBUSA for others to check the status based on VIN.

mikey08 01-28-2019 01:20 PM

All, Just a note I did have my 2011 recall airbags completed. in and out in 2 hours. Regards,

Dueclaws 01-29-2019 09:50 AM

Still waiting for our 2012's replacement air bag.
Our Dealer's rep in South Houston claims they don't have any notices from the factory.
Crappy way to treat a customer.

Ken B 01-30-2019 10:11 AM

Originally Posted by Dueclaws (Post 7667134)
Still waiting for our 2012's replacement air bag.
Our Dealer's rep in South Houston claims they don't have any notices from the factory.
Crappy way to treat a customer.

Same here. When I scheduled a regular B2 service yesterday, I asked if I could also get the airbag replacement done and got the same answer i.e. my '12 550 isn't yet on the schedule.

pca7ggr 01-30-2019 10:37 PM

A few weeks ago, I got a letter from MBNA, advising me to contact the dealer regarding the airbag recall. When I did, they ordered the parts. Still waiting. Don’t seem to be a dealer priority.

chriswhv6 01-31-2019 07:34 AM

I received the letter about 2 weeks ago regarding the airbag recall.
Called the following day to organise the book in and was advised the earliest available appointment would be towards the end of May 2019.
I asked what would be involved and the only thing confined over the phone was that both the drivers & passengers airbag modules need to be replaced and it would be a minimum 5 hour job.

mikey08 01-31-2019 08:15 AM

Sergio, When the car appt was made for me the parts were ordered. I called the day before the appt and they said they had them already. They may not call when parts are in but a car appt for me triggered the order for the parts. Just my experience, but I guess each dealer is different.

chriswhv6 01-31-2019 08:17 AM

For me i was told the dealer would actually order the parts 48 hours before my appointment day.

pca7ggr 04-06-2019 08:50 PM

Both airbags were replace with no issues. The dealer even did the usual multi-point checks.

SMG_CT 01-23-2020 02:12 PM

Pleasant surprise at the MB dealership today

I was scheduled to have a MB service recall done at Mercedes Benz of Fairfield (CT). The service recall was to update the software for the ECU for the 3.5L V6 (CHECK FOR OPEN CAMPAIGN 2019 04 0001 UPDATE ENGINE CONTROL UNIT SOFTWARE (ME-SFI) TO XENTRY LEVEL 12/18 WITH ALL
ASSOCIATED PATCHES AS PER CAMPAIGN INSTRUCTIONS.)

Estimated time was this complimentary service was three hours. MB would provide me a complimentary loaner car white this update was being applied.

I mentioned to the Service Adviser that I hoped that the open recall for the passenger airbag would be taken care of in the next 12 months.

When I came back 3 hours later, the Service Adviser, Juan Ramos, informed me that they had the passenger airbag in stock and that he had the technician install a new passenger airbag to same me another trip to the dealership.

After the service work, my car received a complimentary car wash and towel dry. The body was spotless!

This is the second time that Mercedes Benz of Fairfield Service department has exceeded my expectation in the past 18 months.

"Thank You" to Juan Ramos (Service Adviser) for 1st rate customer support and overall experience.