MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   E-Class Coupe (C207) & Cabrio (A207) (https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-coupe-c207-cabrio-a207-141/)
-   -   Recommendations for Upgrading to LED Interior Lighting (https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-coupe-c207-cabrio-a207/732642-recommendations-upgrading-led-interior-lighting.html)

SMG_CT 01-11-2019 05:46 PM

Recommendations for Upgrading to LED Interior Lighting

I have been researching the options to upgrade interior lighting in my 2013 E350 Coupe to LEDs.

Based on comments in others threads, the recommended source for interior lighting is PrecisionLED
  • Have there been any problems with these upgrades?
  • Do these LEDs actually dim?
  • Which base package color, Crystal White (6000K) or Cool White (8000K), is preferrable?

I look forward to your reply.

hudlum 01-11-2019 11:04 PM

I just did mine and led's for interior light is very bright. Depending on your preference, it can be too much. The one's that are really bright are the dome lights for the front seats (left+right). Don't turn them on while driving at night, they can blind you momentarily. These dim as they turn off after parking the car.
The footwell lights are also a major change for me. They are always on and since now they're white, it's more noticeable. I've gotten used to it but I don't drive my car all the time at night. I've tried changing the settings for the interior and it doesn't lessen the amount of light for the footwells, only changes how bright the gauges are.
The lights on the door itself was a waste for me. The housing has a red tint so putting on the white led still shows red light. It just doesn't get as hot with the old bulbs..

The only ones I didn't change (couldn't change) was the two map lights under the rear view mirror. I tried to watch youtube videos for those and I figured it's not worth it.

I bought these - Mine is a facelift version so the one for the back seat dome light was not needed. If yours is pre-facelift, then it will be just fine.

Here's a video that I used to help me install the lights -
Enjoy!

AZN Optics 01-11-2019 11:10 PM

Although interior LEDs don't need canbus capability for error cancelling, they also serve to ensure that no power leak causes triggering the LEDs inadvertently if lines are still energized as LEDs take very little power to activate. Our leds are canbus enabled, heat shielded, and uses the latest CREE XBD chipset.

Originally Posted by SMG_CT (Post 7651802)
I have been researching the options to upgrade interior lighting in my 2013 E350 Coupe to LEDs.

Based on comments in others threads, the recommended source for interior lighting is PrecisionLED
  • Have there been any problems with these upgrades?
  • Do these LEDs actually dim?
  • Which base package color, Crystal White (6000K) or Cool White (8000K), is preferrable?

I look forward to your reply.