E-Class Coupe (C238) & Cabrio (A238) 2017 - E200, E220, E300, E350, E400, E450 [Coupes &Cabriolets]

New forum for the 2018 E400 Coupe

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-23-2018, 05:41 PM

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
2018 E400 4MATIC Coupe
More Pics

I’ll try to get them all this time.
The following users liked this post:
pop.tremuloides (08-15-2018)
Old 06-24-2018, 01:52 AM

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts
MBenz C205 250d
[QUOTE=Silverjash;7416676]
FHello, i bought her 2 weeks ago and it’s the first new car I’ve ever owned! I had the wheels and brake calipers painted today. Might be a tad too much black now lol 😂
Lovely car but the chrome takes away from it
Old 06-24-2018, 02:41 AM

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
2018 E400 4MATIC Coupe

Can’t find the pic of the one only in the center, I added the second there and 2 on each side.
Thank you. It would be even blacker without the chrome door handles and window trim. That’s too black for my taste. I personally added the chrome highlights to the front as well, found them on amazon and with adhesive, they attached right on. (2 short fins on each side and one long in the middle) it came with just one long chrome fin in the middle and it was too black for me. Keep in mind that after I add chrome wheel protectors which will encircle each wheel, it will tie the window and door handle chrome trim together. Mercedes is still setting up the account with Alloygator and I am told I will be Mercedes first customer for that particular service. They’re originate from England and I’ll attach a few pics to demonstrate it.

Example

https://www.facebook.com/AlloyGator/

Last edited by Silverjash; 06-24-2018 at 02:52 AM.
pop.tremuloides (08-19-2018)
Old 06-25-2018, 07:25 AM

Received 67 Likes on 60 Posts
E250 AMG Sport Convertible
A new forum is definitely required as its getting silly now. The latest model has nearly no component sharing with the 207 platform. Posts would be better off in the Saloon section that here.

Maybe everyone needs to PM to Admins to point this out.
Old 08-15-2018, 08:18 PM

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Porsche 996TT and 2017 Macan S, 93 Jeep YJ (too many mods), Audi A5, '05.5 Jetta TDI
WOW!

Thanks for all the pictures! Wife and I are coming from an Audi A5 that was destroyed by hail....OMG the photos are awesome!

Please excuse my lack of knowledge but I had NO IDEA that MB made a coupe! We have NEVER considered MB as a vehicle but now we really need to see what is out there for us in a new car!

To everyone that posted up pics a HUGE THANK YOU!
Old 08-18-2018, 12:36 PM

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
'13 S5 Coupe
Originally Posted by pop.tremuloides
WOW!

Thanks for all the pictures! Wife and I are coming from an Audi A5 that was destroyed by hail....OMG the photos are awesome!

Please excuse my lack of knowledge but I had NO IDEA that MB made a coupe! We have NEVER considered MB as a vehicle but now we really need to see what is out there for us in a new car!

To everyone that posted up pics a HUGE THANK YOU!
Seeing that you're coming from an A5 (and this is the sole basis for this comment), I think you might be overlooking a more suitable option by not investigating the C205 line of MB coupes. Except for its overall size, more closely mimics the lines of the big-brother S-Class. Just a thought ...
pop.tremuloides (08-19-2018)
Old 08-19-2018, 12:23 AM

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Porsche 996TT and 2017 Macan S, 93 Jeep YJ (too many mods), Audi A5, '05.5 Jetta TDI
Thanks for all the AMAZING pictures and advice to everyone!

So we went to our local dealer today and we got to test drive a few cars. The inventory is sparse in the E series due to all the hail damage and folks are pretty much purchasing cars if they even remotely like them. We looked at an E400 last Sunday and it was already sold. We were able to test drive a very nicely optioned E400 and to be honest...it was WAY too big of a car for my wife and I. I really liked the engine performance and it was quiet to the point of ridiculous! VERY solid vehicle but just way to big for our needs.

Our Sales Advisor was great. Zero pressure, very knowledgeable, and really took the time to hear what we desired in the car. With that being said, he steered us to the C series (which my wife loves). At first I had a hard time getting over the "right screen" as I would have preferred it to be seamless in the dash but the size was just about PERFECT for my wife and to be honest I really liked it. We had also not had the opportunity to see the coupe version but they had one on hand C300.

We both loved the size but I couldnt get over the engine. It simply did not seem like it had the power we like and it really seemed like it was straining at the higher RPMs. It was also had an unpleasant sound to it. Way to "revy" for our tastes. The engine didn't even come close to our 2013 Audi A5 which was also a 2.0L 4cyl turbo. We just weren't happy with it. Styling we really liked and will be going to a coupe! Then the discussion of the AMG came up....

110% we have to go that route but we really like the All Wheel Drive (4matic) option. Soooo after checking out a 4 door 2018 AMG C43 sedan....we were pretty much sold!

With the 2019s coming out, we are probably going that route. The C300 and the C43 are similar but very different and the C43 really seems to fit our lifestyle. Has to be a coupe though!

So after leaving the MB dealer, we headed over to the local Audi dealership. We test drove a 2018 S5 and it was very similar to our 2013 A5....I am still trying to get over the "updated" styling. I am not a huge fan of the "Crisp" design lines on it. I preferred the smoother look of the 2013 we had. Don't get me wrong. The S5 drove fine but it really seemed like it was not much of an upgrade from our 2013 A5. I was expecting to be WOWed but really wasn't. Believe it or not, while not a deal killer, the front cup holders are too close to the climate controls so I cannot use my larger "yeti" type insulated cup as it is too tall and leans on the controls. Minor issue but an issue to both my wife and I just the same.

While I would love to get another Porsche, there really isn't anything like the C43 size wise and looks (wife really loves the C-Coupe style).

So that is where we stand right now. We are in no hurry to build one yet. Our Sales Advisor gave us the DOG for the 2019 C-Coupes and it also has the AMG section. So my wife and I have to sit back and figure out what we want and also take some time to step away from vehicles after the "loss" of her "baby"...LOL.

Old 05-23-2019, 10:57 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2012 c300 4matic and New 2018 E400-Coupe
Hello all I have a New 2018 E400 left over. Great deal as well. I was wondering about the paint. I have the Emerald green. Looks black. Then the sun hits it and you see a dark green. Very nice. Its my first Mercedes. Its great. Its loaded with P3 and air suspension and Ber master high End sound system. all the great tech. The paint has lots of orange peel and the front fenders have like lines in the paint. Does anybody else have that issue?? Thank You all. This is a fun forum..
Old 05-24-2019, 02:30 AM

Received 41 Likes on 29 Posts
2015 S550 Coup, 2017 Golf R , 2018 BMW M2 (wifes)
Originally Posted by bzjam
Killer

Killer
Old 05-24-2019, 11:59 AM

Received 120 Likes on 97 Posts
2018 E400 Coupe
No such problems here, although I have Lunar Blue paint. If I had that problem, however, I'd be concerned that the car had been in an accident or otherwise damaged and as a result had been repainted.
Old 05-25-2019, 12:59 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 381 Likes on 286 Posts
EQ
I have the same car in the same color and I do not have lines or excessive orange peel. Maybe hare some pictures of the affected area?

Originally Posted by larryC300
Hello all I have a New 2018 E400 left over. Great deal as well. I was wondering about the paint. I have the Emerald green. Looks black. Then the sun hits it and you see a dark green. Very nice. Its my first Mercedes. Its great. Its loaded with P3 and air suspension and Ber master high End sound system. all the great tech. The paint has lots of orange peel and the front fenders have like lines in the paint. Does anybody else have that issue?? Thank You all. This is a fun forum..