MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   E-Class Coupe (C238) & Cabrio (A238) (https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-coupe-c238-cabrio-a238-248/)
-   -   New C238 & A238 Waiting Room (https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-coupe-c238-cabrio-a238/718301-new-c238-a238-waiting-room.html)

sackboydad 08-15-2018 11:23 AM

New C238 & A238 Waiting Room

Since we have a terrific new forum dedicated to our 2-door babies, I thought I’d start a new “waiting room” thread.

I’ll start it off....

Now that I have my rage and rants out of my system ;-) here’s what I’m really looking forward to when my E450 Cabroilet finally leaves Baltimore and delivers:

Super soft Nappa Leather seats with massage. If my wife wants to locate me now, she just goes to my office and finds me on my computer. After my car comes, I’ll be inside getting a massage and watching the colors, music and fragrance lull my stress away.... CALGON, TAKE ME AWAY :-)

CarPlay (finally... my wife’s GMC YUKON DENALI has it and has made me jealous.

An an actual engine.... Currently own an Escape Titanium and while not, by any means, a piece of junk, 0-60 mph in about 4 minutes gets real old :-)

Air Body.... I struggled with adding this feature. Ultimately I decided to get it because I want the rag top, a decent engine but also a really comfy ride. If I wanted a super sporty ride, I’d have bought the E53 AMG.

Soft close doors.... maybe my kids will stop slamming the doors now that they know they’ll close by themselves. Although there’ll likely be a 10-foot “NO KIDS” DMZ around my car... guarded by sharks with frickin’ laser beams attached to their heads!

The 3D/Top-down parking camera.... I fly all the time for work and a few weeks ago I rented a car that had this feature. I didn’t know I needed something so much until I used it for the first time! I was amazed how much it helped parking in tight spaces and seeing how much space you have in front of you. Have had parking radar on my current car for 6 years but it just beeps at you.

Wireless charging..., although would have used it a lot more if the car had wireless CarPlay. Guess a cable will have to do.

Oh, yes... I did buy a convertible, after all..... Openess, wind, fresh air, sun and Solarcaine :-)

iridium18 08-15-2018 11:58 AM

Hey Sackboydad - congrats on the purchase and upcoming delivery - I have a MY '18 E400 Cabriolet and it is fabulous - I see you are in VA - I plan to drive the entire Blue Ridge Parkway from North to South with her, top down of course, in early October - really looking forward to that in the Cabriolet - ENJOY Steve

sackboydad 08-15-2018 12:03 PM

Originally Posted by iridium18 (Post 7529413)
Hey Sackboydad - congrats on the purchase and upcoming delivery - I have a MY '18 E400 Cabriolet and it is fabulous - I see you are in VA - I plan to drive the entire Blue Ridge Parkway from North to South with her, top down of course, in early October - really looking forward to that in the Cabriolet - ENJOY Steve

That sounds great! My in-laws live in rural Virginia at the base of the Blue Ridge Mountains. We visit them often... I might have to steal part of your idea!

sackboydad 09-08-2018 10:50 AM

Kind of no-so-patiently waiting to see how long my E450 Cab takes to get from the VPC to the dealer, now that the E’s have been released for sale

Iversonbiatch 09-08-2018 10:30 PM

Any word on when the E53 will be released?

sackboydad 09-09-2018 06:07 AM

Originally Posted by Iversonbiatch (Post 7549459)

it looks like December. By then again, the e450’s were supposed to be October, but ended up being September....

AZEZ 09-11-2018 08:20 PM

Hey Sack, Im sure hoping my E53 AMG Cabio comes before December. Ive got to turn in my BMW on the 28th of this month so wife and I are sharing until my Baby arrives. Looking forward to all the things you described, plus the AMG growl. Couldn't get heads up display (unavailable until later delivery times). Didn't get the soft close doors. Ive had it on my last 3 cars and I dont know why any car close to $100,000 wouldn't have it standard, but my build got pricey and I just had to look for places to save a few bucks here and there. How is that storm brewing up over there? Maybe I should be happy mine hasnt left the factory in Germany yet. You will be glad you got the air suspension. Ive had it on other cars and its really fantastic.

P2IMSA 09-13-2018 08:48 AM

Originally Posted by Iversonbiatch (Post 7549459)

I ordered my coupe end of June and I was told yesterday that it would be mid-November. Also told that if I wanted the Performance Exhaust that it would be delayed. Honestly I don’t think he ordered it in June as he said he did and he’s scrambling but told me he contacted the VPC yesterday to see if I could change to Nappa with Red Stitching from straight Black Nappa, who knows?

Does anyone have a photo of code 851. Black Nappa with Red Stitching for this model? I saw one that had red arm rests which I don’t want.

iridium18 09-17-2018 08:43 PM

Hey Sack - ? any update to share on your E ?

sackboydad 09-17-2018 09:00 PM

iridium18 09-17-2018 09:10 PM

THAT is one good-looking automobile - Congrats

? hope the rain didn't impact you or your family .. what a mess

sackboydad 09-17-2018 09:37 PM

Originally Posted by iridium18 (Post 7556436)
THAT is one good-looking automobile - Congrats

? hope the rain didn't impact you or your family .. what a mess

First off, I got to drive her for one day....then I had to leave on a business trip.

Bad thing is, several tornadoes today back home. Two within 3 miles of our home!

https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...13b445fbe2.jpg
https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...196ad97933.png

Everyone OK. They kept all three of our kids in school until the entire threat was over. My daughter was on a bus coming home, when they turned the bus around and took them back to school for fear something would happen to the bus.... Hated all this going on for my wife to handle by herself while I'm gone...

tonynufc 09-18-2018 01:45 AM

Car looks great, hope your family are all safe.

Are the steering wheel control's on a black background? Mine are on a silver coloured plate.

sackboydad 09-18-2018 06:11 AM

Originally Posted by tonynufc (Post 7556596)
Car looks great, hope your family are all safe.

Are the steering wheel control's on a black background? Mine are on a silver coloured plate.

thank you.

I bekive its part part of the night package. The shift paddles are also matte black

tonynufc 09-18-2018 07:20 AM

Must be a US thing, I have the UK night pack and my paddles are silver as well, pity look good in Black.

sackboydad 09-18-2018 07:31 AM

Originally Posted by tonynufc (Post 7556662)
Must be a US thing, I have the UK night pack and my paddles are silver as well, pity look good in Black.

you have a 2018 or 2019?

tonynufc 09-18-2018 07:33 AM

2019 Coupe, 220D 4matic

sackboydad 09-18-2018 07:36 AM

Originally Posted by tonynufc (Post 7556669)
2019 Coupe, 220D 4matic

interesting... Maybe it is a US thing. I really like the black accents on the wheel

pdeacon 09-18-2018 11:19 AM

First things first...glad you and your family are OK. The car looks great! Many miles of happy motoring.

BenzC400 09-19-2018 06:51 PM

Today, I ordered a 2019 E53 Coupe. The build date is in November. Now the waiting begins. I wasn’t able to get the head up display and there is no word on when it might be available. I have it in my C400 that I’m trading, but I rarely used it. I’m still disappointed though. Oh well, I saved $990.

AZEZ 09-19-2018 07:03 PM

Congrats BenzC400! What color and seats/trim? If i were to order the coupe I would have gone Cardinal red. What a beautiful color but not for a convertible. I couldn't get HUD either. Apparently this will become available in winter of 2019.

E53 AMG Cabriolet
Selenite Grey w/ black top, black ash trim
Nappa leather Black / Red two tone seats
Drivers Assist
Parking Assist
Warmth and Comfort
Multicontour seats
Heated Ventilated Massaging seats
5 spoke RTV wheels with black accent
Soft Close Doors

Status B1, should go to B3 October 1st, Expect shipping around Halloween or shortly thereafter. Hoping release date and delivery will be before Thanksgiving. My bet is that it arrives November 23rd, the day my wife and I go on a 10 day Caribbean cruise. What a way to ruin a vacation.

iridium18 09-19-2018 07:17 PM

BenzC400 / AZEZ - CONGRATS to you both on your E53 orders .... NICE .... I ordered a MY18 E400 Cab in July '17 and picked her up last Fall .... Have to admit, I have my eye on the E53 .... can't wait to hear feedback on that new powertrain .... ENJOY Steve

BenzC400 09-19-2018 07:33 PM

Originally Posted by AZEZ (Post 7558028)
Congrats BenzC400! What color and seats/trim? If i were to order the coupe I would have gone Cardinal red. What a beautiful color but not for a convertible. I couldn't get HUD either. Apparently this will become available in winter of 2019.

E53 AMG Cabriolet
Selenite Grey w/ black top, black ash trim
Nappa leather Black / Red two tone seats
Drivers Assist
Parking Assist
Warmth and Comfort
Multicontour seats
Heated Ventilated Massaging seats
5 spoke RTV wheels with black accent
Soft Close Doors

Status B1, should go to B3 October 1st, Expect shipping around Halloween or shortly thereafter. Hoping release date and delivery will be before Thanksgiving. My bet is that it arrives November 23rd, the day my wife and I go on a 10 day Caribbean cruise. What a way to ruin a vacation.

2019 AMG E53 Coupe
Iridum Silver Metallic
AMG Black Nappa Leather
Lighting Package
Parking Assistance Package
Heated AMG Nappa Leather Performance Steering Wheel
Driver Assistance Package
Heated and Ventilated Seats
Black Ash Wood Trim and Center Console
19” Twin 5 Spoke Wheels (RTE) with Black Accents and All Season Tires
Soft Close Doors
AMG Track Pace Application

I really like the Iridum Silver color, same as my C400. I really wanted the 20 inch multi spoke wheels with black accents, but didn’t want to deal with summer tires. There is no all season alternative in the correct size, at least not run flats. I originally had summer tires on the C400 and had to change them when the weather got cold. It wasn’t worth the hassle for me.

P2IMSA 09-19-2018 07:53 PM

Originally Posted by BenzC400 (Post 7558016)
Today, I ordered a 2019 E53 Coupe. The build date is in November. Now the waiting begins. I wasn’t able to get the head up display and there is no word on when it might be available. I have it in my C400 that I’m trading, but I rarely used it. I’m still disappointed though. Oh well, I saved $990.

I ordered similar in June and hope for November. Got everything except parking assist and HUD. I have HUD on my BMW and after a few weeks I didn’t even notice it. And if you have polarized sunglasses on you can’t see it, and I live in Florida. That being said I would have ordered it if available.

BenzC400 09-19-2018 08:26 PM

Originally Posted by P2IMSA (Post 7558062)

I ordered similar in June and hope for November. Got everything except parking assist and HUD. I have HUD on my BMW and after a few weeks I didn’t even notice it. And if you have polarized sunglasses on you can’t see it, and I live in Florida. That being said I would have ordered it if available.

I drove an E450 Cabriolet to get a feel for the size of the coupe. It had the parking assist and surround view camera. I have the 2015 parking assist package, no 360 camera, in my C400. It has come a long way since then. It is so much better at correctly finding a space and maneuvering into it. It can park head in or reverse into perpendicular spaces. The display that shows a picture of what it’s going to do is very accurate and helpful. With this version, the driver doesn’t have to sift from D to R when necessary, the system does it for you. It’s completely hands off. It can also pull out of perpendicular spaces, either forward or in reverse. The older system could only pull out of parallel space. My wife was always afraid of the C400s system.She can’t wait to use this one.