MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   E-Class Coupe (C238) & Cabrio (A238) (https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-coupe-c238-cabrio-a238-248/)
-   -   Configuration interior question (https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-coupe-c238-cabrio-a238/730909-configuration-interior-question.html)

aea6574 12-22-2018 09:44 AM

Configuration interior question

Good Day All-

I hope you are well.

So I got with the dealer yesterday and basically said let's do this and order this ride. She called me back later and said when she went to build/configure the one we had chosen it could not be done.

We she just came back and said-

The options that ARE compatible with the designo Macchiato Beige/Titian Red Nappa leather are the Natural Grain Light Brown Elm Wood, Light Brown Sen Wood, or the designo Black Piano Lacquer “Flowing Lines” Wood.

Any ideas here? Should I reach out to another dealer? Online when we were choosing we went with- Natural Grain Black Ash wood which is what we really want.

I worry if we go with the Black piano that the center console area will get scratched and that it will show more dust and fingerprints.

Thoughts? I was soooo close.

Best regards,Tony

pdeacon 12-22-2018 11:14 AM

Unfortunately some configurations are not compatible with the build process. I don't think going to another dealer is going to solve your problem. MB does not offer a complete customized interior like some other luxury makers. I know that with Porsche you can configure anything you want. Exterior colors, interior colors and hides, etc. But those builds go though a special customer order process and can be very, very expensive. Uniqueness has its price, I guess. I have the piano black trim in my G Wagon and haven't had problems with scratching or scuffing. It does show dust and finger prints occasionally but not a big deal. It wipes off easily with a damp cloth. The designo Machiatto Beige/Titian Red Nappa leather is a beautiful combination. I wouldn't change that just because your wood trim options are limited. Pick a wood trim you like best and go for it. Good luck with your purchase efforts. Let us know how you make out.

aea6574 12-26-2018 12:42 PM

Thank you, appreciate the information. I called customer service today and they did say that sometimes the website lets you do thing that once you actually try to build you cannot do, we will try the piano black.

Best regards, Tony

2012 merc amg 12-26-2018 10:27 PM

Reason why is sometimes when they come out with the website configuration they go and change things after. All I know is I love my elm wood in my e450 cabriolet not sure though if it’s available with your color combination.

aea6574 01-04-2019 02:15 PM

So it looks like we will go with the Piano Black. I read somewhere around here that the center console piece is plastic and can scratch so have asked them to see if they can wrap. They heard from one person that they did not feel they could do it well, they are waiting to hear from someone else.

Little things can be annoying.

Best regards, Tony

aea6574 01-09-2019 01:27 PM

Ok, I know this goes on forever.......

My wife and I really like the black ash so we looked at the Designo black/gray and configured the car. The dealer said the black ash is compatible with it but we can no longer get the warmth and comfort package along with the AMG option. This is driving me crazy. They say I can get the other Designo with the warmth and comfort package and the AMG kit. Guessing they cannot find a round black heated steering wheel.

I am now exploring what another dealer may be able to help with. This is very frustrating and I thought this experience was going to be awesome. Wish the website would tell me if I cannot build a car a certain way.

Best regards, Tony

stephos 01-10-2019 06:09 AM

Like you, I thought I could configure my car exactly how I'd like it since it was a factory order, but the reality was very different.

aea6574 01-10-2019 06:43 PM

Originally Posted by stephos (Post 7650472)
Like you, I thought I could configure my car exactly how I'd like it since it was a factory order, but the reality was very different.

Thanks, been a learning experience. But I am going to end up saving some money as I cannot get some of the features I want with the Designo black/gray interior. And to be honest I think I would love this car with zero options.

Best regards, Tony

rustybear3 01-10-2019 08:33 PM

If you got you heart set on a black wood trim, please consider the Black Piano Lacquer “Flowing Lines” Wood instead of the piano black, I had that on my Cadillac ATS, and it will drive you nuts with fingerprints and constant cleaning. That way you can get your designo Macchiato Beige/Titian Red Nappa leather which is a gorgeous interior.

aea6574 01-11-2019 06:42 PM

Originally Posted by rustybear3 (Post 7651142)
If you got you heart set on a black wood trim, please consider the Black Piano Lacquer “Flowing Lines” Wood instead of the piano black, I had that on my Cadillac ATS, and it will drive you nuts with fingerprints and constant cleaning. That way you can get your designo Macchiato Beige/Titian Red Nappa leather which is a gorgeous interior.

Thank You! I think this post put me over the edge. We have officially ordered a car with the Designo Macchiato Beige/Titian red interior package. Wend with the Natural grain light brown elm wood dash. Was able to get the AMG line and the warmth and comfort package.

I guess now the waiting begins. They said they were going to check and see if they could get another dealer's earlier order but if not, we should be good to go for May, which will be perfect for an awesome Michigan summer.

Thanks everyone for your help.

Best regards, Tony

rustybear3 01-12-2019 08:24 AM

Originally Posted by aea6574 (Post 7651849)
Thank You! I think this post put me over the edge. We have officially ordered a car with the Designo Macchiato Beige/Titian red interior package. Wend with the Natural grain light brown elm wood dash. Was able to get the AMG line and the warmth and comfort package.

I guess now the waiting begins. They said they were going to check and see if they could get another dealer's earlier order but if not, we should be good to go for May, which will be perfect for an awesome Michigan summer.

Thanks everyone for your help.

Best regards, Tony

Congratulations! I know you'll love your interior package; that Designo Macchiato beige/ Titan Red is absolutely fabulous, especially matched with the Natural grain elm wood. When the time comes, we all look forward to plenty of pictures. Please keep us updated. :zoom: