E-Class Coupe (C238) & Cabrio (A238) 2017 - E200, E220, E300, E350, E400, E450 [Coupes &Cabriolets]

Front camera automatically turns on

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-31-2023, 08:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E200 Coupé (2022)
Front camera automatically turns on

Every time I pull into my garage, the front camera would automatically turn on and show what's right in front of the car. However, since a few days, under the same conditions, the front camera does no longer turns on automatically. Only the beep-beep warning sound come up, and I have now to "manually" switch the front camera on (by touching the "Park Assist" button on the screen, and explicitly choosing the front camera). Attached (picture_1) is what I am now seeing when almost reaching my parking position : only the "bird-view" from the top is shown, but no longer the front view of the wall in front of the car, because the front camera no longer turns on automatically as it used to do in the past. I don't know why this behavior has changed.
I was enjoying it, when the front camera used to turns on automatically, not having to do it manually. Do you guys know how we can have it switching on automatically?
Thank you in advance.
Kim
PS: I am having MBUX on 2022 - E200 Coupé

Pciture_1 : Only bird-view is shown, no front view is shown because front camera no longer turns on automatically :-(

Last edited by KimKim; 01-31-2023 at 09:59 AM.
Old 02-14-2023, 02:06 PM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
E 450 4matic cab MY22
I too would like to have the front camera automatically open when pulling into the garage. I wonder if the "star" favorites button could be programed to do this. That would only be a one button push.
Old 02-24-2023, 07:32 AM

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
2023 E-Class Coupe (C238)
Originally Posted by KimKim
I was enjoying it, when the front camera used to turns on automatically, not having to do it manually. Do you guys know how we can have it switching on automatically?
Hi Kim...I promise this is not a facetious comment, but do you have a Parktronic button on your center console, and have you tried activating it from there? Is the button lit up by chance? (seriously...I've run around my house screaming that something doesn't work and then I saw I hadn't plugged it in!) According to the owners manual, you turn it on and off differently depending on whether or not you have Active Body Control.
Old 12-09-2023, 06:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E450
Front parking camera

I now have the exact same problem. My front view camera used to turn on automatically when I approach another car or wall. Now, I have to manually turn it on. Does anyone know how I can fix it? I have 2023 E450 coupe.
Old 12-10-2023, 09:21 AM

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
2005 SL500
2023 E53 AMG. Although I often switch on front and side cameras before parking in the garage, I now suspect the same thing is happening on this vehicle.

It's possible that it was caused by an OTA software update. Does anyone know what was changed / fixed in recent updates? Where can that be researched?