E-Class (W114/W115) 1968-1976: All Models

Help with vac hose question to fuel pressure/RETURN valve thing after converting carb

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-08-2016, 12:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1973 280C M110 Automatic
Help with vac hose question to fuel pressure/RETURN valve thing after converting carb

Hi All.

I’m 80% done, with my Weber conversion on my 1973 280C M110 (automatic)...the Weber (redline kid) is on now in place of the single Solex. But... I'm stuck - puzzled by one (or three things I hope you can help with:

+ the Solex had 4 vac hoses connected to it! Weber has only 2 nipples.

+ that leaves me with 2 free/disconnected hoses. I can cap them off back at the pots they originate from (near the left wheel well) okay, but then i have another unspoken for vacuum nipple:

+ On the fuel line going into the carb there is a kind of 3 way valve thingee... It's the fuel pressure regulator / FUEL RETURN VALVE. and on (mine anyway), there is a vac nipple on the bottom, and this is one of the lines that *was* connected to the SOLEX, BUT NOW HAS NO HOME.

WHAT DO I DO WITH THIS VAC NIPPLE ON MY EXISTING VALVE?

Do I…

a) cap it off on the fuel pressure / return valve and use it as is?

b) connect it to one of the now-free vac hoses that no longer needs to be connected to the carb (since the webber only needs 2 and the Solex needs 4)

c) remove the fuel pressure reg/return and get another model (part number?) that does not require a vac actuator of any kind.(if c, i need a part number. the blue workshop manual shows a part just like it without a vac hose on it, but no number, and mentions that this is the new (in 1975) style replacing the old style (eg. mine) and doesn't need vac)

THANKS!
Tom.
Old 03-05-2018, 03:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
04 E500 4matic Wagon
<div style="text-align:left;"></div>