Unhappy 2018 E class coupe owner

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-20-2017, 03:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2018 E Class Coupe
Unhappy 2018 E class coupe owner

Hello everyone, UK member here!

I have had my new E400 coupe for less than 2 weeks and have not had a good experience so far.

To cut a long story short, i ordered the car back in early feb and quoted 11th April for delivery, had 2 delays on the car and shocking customer service from the dealership in the process. The day i collected the car i found myself driving jhome in a courtesy car, this was due to a stange engine noise that i noticed straight away which apparently MB are aware of on the E400's...

They tried a software update on the car to no avail, so gave me it back and said that Mercedes will be working on a fix and they will be in touch as soon as they find one, i was ok with that as they said the car is still drivable..

So today i noticed 2 new problems, and it's annoying because in the last few days i have really started to enjoy the car, the first problem is that the passenger seat when folded forward to let someone in the back then slides all the way back as far is it can go, rather than back to its original position, i almost crushed my friends legs doing this today.

After trying it a few times after i noticed the carpet under the centre console has come away, looks like it needs glueing or stitching back on, i looked on the driver side and the seat mechanism and carpet is perfect.

So, it's another trip to the dealer next week, i'm pretty angry and shocked at the build quality so far, anyone else had these problems? It's my first Benz from a long line of Audi's and apart from the beautiful looks and ride i'm not impressed thus far.

Regards

Last edited by RB15; 05-20-2017 at 03:32 PM.
Old 06-30-2017, 09:47 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
2017 E400 Coupe
You must have gotten one of the very first off the assembly line. Never a good thing, IMHO. What is the build date? Look in the driver's door sill.

R
Old 07-01-2017, 11:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2018 E Class Coupe
Hey!

I still haven't heard anything from the dealership regarding the noise, it's been a month and a half since i collected it, i e-mailed the head technician a few times in the last 3 weeks asking for updates but he hasn't replied, he was very helpful in the beginning telling me Mercedes will definitely find a fix for it.

At this point i kind if feel like they have just palmed me off and are ignoring me now, granted i haven't called them or been into the dealership, which is what i might have to do next week.

Thanks!