E-Class (W124) 1984-1995: E 260, E 300, E 320, E 420, E 500 (Includes CE, T, TD models)

LnkPrkSoldier unfortunate news

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-12-2005, 02:38 AM
X03

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
MB 1990 300E
LnkPrkSoldier unfortunate news

LnkPrkSoldier said:
"oh and i have some very very unfortuneate news... since the car is not officially mine.. i asked my dad a few days ago " hey dad, have you thought about me getting a car? " then he quickly responded with this " oh, your not going to get a car until you go to college" my heart dropped.. all my plans.. euro lights... hid... interior...sound system.. all go down the drain. i graduate in the class of 06... so about a little over a year ..... I'm not even sure if the car will be mine , so why continue to spend money on it?? sorry guys. ill just have to go stock if i go with you guys... oh and i found the exact directions to the park if anybody is looking for directions... just don't be harsh on me kay?? sorry for putting this here but i didn't want to make a seperate thread about this. if you feel that i shouldn't talk about this here, ill edit my message, if you want to say something to me, you can pm me... have a good day everybody"

i will make a new thread for this because i want to reply, and i will not spam the meet threat.

I know what you mean about spending money on a car you wont have. But im planning to get another car this august too. And im trying to go all out on modding the w124 LOL. i consider it practice for the next car, because i really did learn a lot when i was trying to install my subs and i didn't have to be all super careful about doing things because i knew the car was old and it was no big deal if i messed up a little (which i did but no biggies) but either way, if you decide to make your benz look a little bit nicer its ultimately up to you.
Old 05-12-2005, 11:01 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes-Benz w124
i will make a new thread for this because i want to reply, and i will not spam the meet threat.
Lol.thats not true... well i don't know.. cuz lately ive been pinching every penny to try and get money for the car and haven't bought myself some things. i am also hoping to get a job this summer.... any of you willing to hire? ill spend the entire day claying your car if you want oh well.... just as long as i dont get a honda later on ( an 81 civic ) then im happy. well have a good day everybody. i hope ill see you all on sunday. oh and if i go, you'll know its me cuz you'll think some 12 year old kid just took his dad's car for a joyride.. thats me
Old 05-12-2005, 01:26 PM

1994 MB E320
Originally Posted by LnkPrkSoldier
any of you willing to hire?
I've got a job I could offer you... but it's quite a commute and you don't have a car. j/k Seriously though, I'm lost, why did X03 make this thread instead of you Freddie? Did something happen in another thread that I missed?
Old 05-12-2005, 01:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lots of cars
Well since your broke and want a mercedes i will offer you to save up money and buy a f#ck up w124 for cheap. All you need to look for is that the tranny is good needs small to medium body work. Front end damage will be ok but just make sure is not salvaged!!! or if it is the owner already went thru all the verification process, lights, and brakes. You can get a w124 for as low as $600 trust me on this one! after parts it should be around $1800 for a 300e. look at cars.com and look for cars that need work and i'll help you out!

Don't worry about looking young in a MB except for cops! I got my first 300e when i was 16 and cops just looked at me and pulled me over like if I stole the car! The sad thing is that they still do but not as much since i got tinted windows.
Old 05-12-2005, 02:00 PM
CDP
MBWorld Fanatic!

W124's
YNVDIZW124,

I can related to the cop ordeal. My last year in high school me and my friends decided to ditch for lunch. we got our food then afterwards we didn't to mess around in a big parking lot. So my friend decides to drift this turn, as we leave, I did a 180 for the hell of it and make some smoke. A police helicopter just so happened to see me and my 2 friends in the car as well. They start following us so we slip up and he still follows me. Next thing you know, I get a cop on a motorcycle speeding towards me and pulls me over. Later four police cars comes and assist. So basically when they pulled me over, they thought the car was stolen. Got me and my friends out of the car and on the curb. Checked my whole car and thought a box of tissue was a box of cigars and then I had to prove it was my car and I was on my way.
Old 05-12-2005, 02:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

lots of cars
well here in long bech cops just give me the most stupid comments in the world!! one time they told me that a benz just like mine! was seen by a person getting stolen by 4 black guys! I told them do i look like 4 black guys and the part that got me mad is that they saw me when i went to turn on my car and they sat on the parking lot at the 7 eleven waiting for me! They asked me where i got the car and all kinds of stupid shyt but i didn't let them search the car because they said if you don't have nothing to hide then let us search. I told the if i have nothing to hide there is nothing to look for!!! They also tought i was a drug dealer because i had $3000 cash in my pocket but i work at a furniture store so i have to deposit it in the back everyday. I asked for their badge number and put in a complaint and took it all the way till they got desk duty! Oh yeah the reason i took it all the way is because i had a lot of witnesses like my wife and people at the 7 eleven some which where my friends

Last edited by YNVDIZW124; 05-12-2005 at 07:53 PM.
Old 05-12-2005, 07:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Mercedes-Benz w124
Originally Posted by YNVDIZW124
well here in long bech cops just give me the most stupid comments in the world!! one time they told me that a benz just like mine! was seen by a person getting stolen by 4 black guys! I told them do i look like 4 blak guys and the part that makes me mad is that they saw me when i went to turn on my car and they sat on the parking lot at the 7 eleven waiting for me! They asked me where i got the car and all kinds of stupid shyt but i didn't let them search the car because they said if you don't have nothing to hide then let us search. I told the if i have nothing to hide there is nothing to look for!!! They also tought i was a drug dealer because i had $3000 cash in my pocket but i work at a furniture store so i have to deposit it in the back everyday. I asked for their badge number and put in a complaint and took it all the way till they got desk duty! Oh yeah the reason i took it all the way is because i had a lot of witnesses like my wife and people at the 7 eleven some which where my friends
i would do the exact same thing. and at the moment im looking for cars. are there any other great reliable cars such as the 124? its fine if its not a mercedes...just not like a hyundai... yuck....
Old 05-12-2005, 08:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

lots of cars
CHECK THIS OUT!!!
$1,350, 90 MERCEDES 300E, 6 cyl, ldd, auto, cln body/int, 140M, nds trans wrk, #4tzf812, $1350 714-4043008

AND NOW LOOKS AT THIS

1987 Mercedes 300e Transmission. Fully rebuilt w/ updated rear servo. ready to install. value of $1,000. Asking: $650

2,000 FOR A 1990 MERCEDES NOT BAD IF YOUR GOING TO HAVE A NEW TRANNY!

$1,850, 1987 MERCEDES-BENZ 300E light blue, runs good, prestine interior, clean title must sell!! #3187463 $1,850 626-318-7463

$1,975, 1992 MERCEDES-BENZ E-CLASS 300 sunroof, all extras, power seats, baeuty in and out, v6, mac, $1,975 818-628-9807 LOL HE PUT V6

$1,000, 1986 MERCEDES-BENZ 300E Teal green, nice body, sunroof, tan leather needs interior work, great project car, needs work, not running, must tow.. #A138239 $1,000, More details and pictures are at online at http://wetkissclub.com/mercedes/index.html 818-882-1918 FUEL INJECTION PROBLEM CAN BE FIXED WITH CHEAP EBAY PARTS!!

JUST E-MAIL ME WHEN YOU FIND SOMETHING YOU LIKE AND I'LL HELP YOU OUT FIXING IT 4 CHEAP!

Last edited by YNVDIZW124; 05-12-2005 at 08:06 PM.
Old 05-12-2005, 08:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Mercedes-Benz w124
wow nice finds. where can i see the links? are did you find them in like a newspaper?? ill try to talk my dad into this.
Old 05-12-2005, 08:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

lots of cars
Got to www.cars.com and look for mercedes benz in your area!
Old 05-12-2005, 10:07 PM
Almost a Member!

I would strongly advise AGAINST settling for a cheap POS example. There's so much that can go wrong with a neglected W124, that I don't even know where to start. A car is a lot more than an engine and transmission. All the parts work together to generate a great driving experience, something that I highly doubt a dirt cheap W124 will get you.
Old 05-12-2005, 10:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

lots of cars
who are you! what are you talking about! maybe a hundai is more than an engine and transmission! My first 300e cost me $600 because it need a fuel pump and a fuel distributor but the owner and mechanics did not know that! If you know what your looking at and what your looking for then you'll know what your getting yourself into when buying a used mb! and you say quote "All the parts work together to generate a great driving experience" what a bunch of bull*****! your probably the type of guy who goes to the dealer to buy parts at full retail! You know most of the people on here didn't pay a whole lot for their 300's but that is not the point! The point is that i rather have a 300e than any year civic!!! and help a fellow mb owner for free!!!

Last edited by YNVDIZW124; 05-12-2005 at 10:26 PM.
Old 05-12-2005, 10:55 PM
Almost a Member!

Oh really? An MB isn't more than an engine and a transmission? I guess that means the HVAC system, interior, suspension bits, and body cosmetics don't mean anything to you? If you're happy buying a POS W124 and having to throw money and time into it constantly, then by all means, go for it. But for LnkPrkSoldier, who as I understand is still in high school, that probably isn't a great option.
Old 05-12-2005, 11:28 PM
X03

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
MB 1990 300E
omg. why did you start this. you are a child. grow up. i dont want to hear anymore of this trash talking on this forum. do it on your own time.
Old 05-13-2005, 12:30 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Mercedes-Benz w124
...my thread made by someone else..... what happened?
Old 05-13-2005, 01:48 AM

1994 MB E320
Originally Posted by YNVDIZW124
one time they told me that a benz just like mine! was seen by a person getting stolen by 4 black guys! I told them do i look like 4 black guys
LOL If you did say that to the cop, I give you props.
Old 05-13-2005, 01:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

lots of cars
Whos trash talking? Also like i said I got my first mb when i was in high school so that's why im telling lnkpark that i will help him out by finding a good mb at a cheap price and work on it. When you first get an mb you have to do the obvious change the oil, oil filter ($20) air filter ($30), fuel filter ($30) belt ($40), tranny service ($75), Brakes ($80), cap and rotor ($70) coolant flush ($45) and plus let say $1,700 for the car plus smog ($50) plus registration ($70) if it needs tags. Grand total $2210 (Where are you going to find a more expensive used MB with all this changed?

Now saying this in this forum is not acceptable! "If you're happy buying a POS W124 and having to throw money and time into it constantly " This is what everyone in the forum is doing!! We throw money at it because we like our w124's and i would never call any w124 a POS!!!