MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   E-Class (W124) (https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-w124-28/)
-   -   Looking for new wheels (https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-w124/109984-looking-new-wheels.html)

vinzbenz 06-02-2005 09:34 PM

Looking for new wheels

Im looking for a new set of wheels for my 92 300e. 16 or 17". Anyone got a set the wanna sell please post or pm pics and price. :y

AMG_Fred 06-03-2005 12:56 AM

what kind of wheels? oem? chrome? painted? bright silver? 1 piece? 2 piece? 3 piece? is there a price limit? anything that you are looking for? no 18" for sure?? do you need tires with the wheels?

X03 06-03-2005 01:31 AM

LOL damn how detailed can you get?

CDP 06-03-2005 01:35 AM

Originally Posted by X03
LOL damn how detailed can you get?

haha :hammer:

AMG_Fred 06-03-2005 10:58 AM

:p just trying to get the right stuff. what if i show him some 2 piece chrome wheel when he wants something oem? might as well just ask him. i wonder if he is going to respond back...

Rahulio1989300E 06-03-2005 12:02 PM

Originally Posted by LnkPrkSoldier
what kind of wheels? oem? chrome? painted? bright silver? 1 piece? 2 piece? 3 piece? is there a price limit? anything that you are looking for? no 18" for sure?? do you need tires with the wheels?

Police Interrogator. :)

YNVDIZW124 06-03-2005 03:37 PM

1 Attachment(s)
DAMN lnkprk Just make him say he did it!!! :smash: VINZBENZ where did you hide the gun??

I got these for now?

AMG_Fred 06-03-2005 05:38 PM

hmm.. from my close inspection, it is inside his closet behind the shoe box... lol jk. do you still want the wheels or not buddy?

rammbs 06-03-2005 07:08 PM

stop asking. you're scaring him. :p

vinzbenz 06-03-2005 09:43 PM

Ok.....what i want is wheels that will fit on the car, no rubbing. I had to take off a nice set of SL rims that i had on it 235/45/17 looked great, rode great but when the car was loaded a little bit of rubbing. Now i have the old ugly factory 15" back on. I am open to any possibilities and yes with rubber would be preffered but without is fine, Im looking for a clean look, doesnt matter if oem or not. I know i would like 16 or 17 inch, in opinion i think 18" are a bit big since you cant put fatter than 215mm wide tires without rubbing. I dont want the staggared look since i do believe in rotating tires. I like the stance i had with the 17". Thanks for all the replys!

AMG_Fred 06-03-2005 11:37 PM

2 Attachment(s)
hmm, here are a few. looking for something unique? monoblocks look good but a lot of people put them on. unless you get some hammers, which are hard to find.. anyways. here they are.

some others are found here..

https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-w124/109825-painted-black.html

Rahulio1989300E 06-04-2005 01:48 PM

Originally Posted by vinzbenz
Ok.....what i want is wheels that will fit on the car, no rubbing. I had to take off a nice set of SL rims that i had on it 235/45/17 looked great, rode great but when the car was loaded a little bit of rubbing. Now i have the old ugly factory 15" back on. I am open to any possibilities and yes with rubber would be preffered but without is fine, Im looking for a clean look, doesnt matter if oem or not. I know i would like 16 or 17 inch, in opinion i think 18" are a bit big since you cant put fatter than 215mm wide tires without rubbing. I dont want the staggared look since i do believe in rotating tires. I like the stance i had with the 17". Thanks for all the replys!

UGLY IN YOUR OPINION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ITS ALL I CAN AFFORD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CDP 06-04-2005 01:52 PM

vinzbenz, why don't you tell us your spending limit. Perhaps that would help us greatly and leave lnknprk at ease since he's going crazy with the wheels. :hammer:

AMG_Fred 06-04-2005 07:35 PM

hehe sorry. yea im a little crazy right now. and very mad. i bought the Black Magic wheel cleaner. it said no scrubbing so i thought.. hmmm must be pretty good. and it also said it was safe for all wheels. so then i though, it should work fine then on my wheels since they are polished and uncoated. i put them on and AAAHHH. leaves like some white haze and now when dry, it looks like someone jizzed all over them!! im soo mad. i want to have a good word with black magic. hopefully they don't have that warning on their things to try in an unconspicuous area... it looks hideous!!! BIG NO FOR BLACK MAGIC

CDP 06-05-2005 07:02 AM

Originally Posted by LnkPrkSoldier
hehe sorry. yea im a little crazy right now. and very mad. i bought the Black Magic wheel cleaner. it said no scrubbing so i thought.. hmmm must be pretty good. and it also said it was safe for all wheels. so then i though, it should work fine then on my wheels since they are polished and uncoated. i put them on and AAAHHH. leaves like some white haze and now when dry, it looks like someone jizzed all over them!! im soo mad. i want to have a good word with black magic. hopefully they don't have that warning on their things to try in an unconspicuous area... it looks hideous!!! BIG NO FOR BLACK MAGIC

you should really attend meguiar's detail days since you're really into detailing your car. www.meguiarsonline.com

AMG_Fred 06-05-2005 02:08 PM

1 Attachment(s)
yea, its fun to do that. maybe they can work on my car :P did you see what they did to a mercedes earlier... wow.. it looks like new paint.

http://www.meguiarsonline.com/forums...&threadid=4172

and you can see my unfortunate accident there too :( i hate black magic!!!

http://www.meguiarsonline.com/forums...&threadid=6487

and here are the products i own :D, im gonna sell my black magic for a buck... wait no. i don't anybody else to suffer this crap. im tossing it in the trash where it belongs! funny thing is that the interior cleaner thing worked good for me. my dash was all hazy from being subject to a klot of sun. i used the meguiars quick detailer but it didn't work that well. at first the black magic left it shiny, but after a day it looked good. ill post a picture later on. i don't think i have a before picture of spcificly the dash. sorry guys. and i also need a 5" backing plate for my buffer...

ashman 06-05-2005 04:53 PM

if your wheels are polished, I got a tip for you. also works good onplatic.

Its something called flitz, it should bring the wheels back to their glorious plosihed finish.

Make sure to test it in an incospicuous area.

If your plastic corners or lenses have some fading it can help polish those too.

I've even used flits before on oxidized paint and it helped out, but be careful with any product. I take no responsibility if it messes things up.

Read the directions. its not cheap, but it has worked great on quite a few things I used it on.

AshMan

CDP 06-05-2005 06:06 PM

Hmm...for me I strictly use Meguiars now. After attending the detail day I was convince that all their products are good since I got the chance to use majority of them on my car before purchasing them. I LOVE the NXT line.

KyGuy 06-09-2005 12:00 PM

MB 16" Hole

MB fitted (as an option) the W124 in Europe with 16" 8-hole "alloy" wheels. They were the painted and polished version of what we in the State got in a 15" version. Same offset. Most of y'all know this stuff.

These are still available from MB dealerships. They ain't cheap-$240 each range if I recall correctly. I've got a part number somewhere if anyone's interested. The upside is the car is pure OEM but handles better with 16" and no rubbing as one usually gets when going up to 17".

Ciao