MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   E-Class (W124) (https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-w124-28/)
-   -   chris ram its back from paint (https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-w124/114242-chris-ram-its-back-paint.html)

AMG_Eric 07-17-2005 12:04 AM

chris ram its back from paint

https://mbworld.org/forums/detailing-automotive-care/114241-fresh-new-paint.html

CDP 07-17-2005 12:48 AM

looks really good Eric. I'm really impressed on how it turned out, although I knew it would come back good. My turn to take my car south of the border when I have all my things gathered up and ready. :D and guess what. You're going with me. :y

So they took all the body parts off? How come the wheel wells are painted red? lol :crazy:

NorCal124 07-17-2005 12:59 AM

Now that is a great paint job. I wish lived close to TJ. Where else in the world can you get a supremo paint job and go to the strip clubs for next to nothing!?!

CDP 07-17-2005 01:08 AM

ewww...the girls down there are dirty. You'll bound to get some sort of disease just by looking! :hammer:

NorCal124 07-17-2005 01:11 AM

I didn't say that you have to go, I only listed it as an option. LOL. I went to TJ once, I got piss ass drunk, good thing I made it back to the border.

AMG_Eric 07-17-2005 01:12 AM

thx chris and yes you are next. i will help you along with it.

norcal if you are interested i could be bribed for a few $$$ to take your car down from say the OC meet in sept/oct. it takes a full week.

btw i bought every dam clip or so i thought so if they broke one they could just grab a new one.

CDP 07-17-2005 01:12 AM

lol. Last time me and my friends went, we say someone get stabbed so therefore I won't be going to TJ anytime soon. Unless to get my car painted. That's partial of the reason why I declined to go down with you Eric. LOL! :hammer:

Speaking about those clips Eric.

I think we should start a Part's Number thread and have it as a Sticky. Then We'll have members post Part #'s for various things so it's easy to search for and what not. I've been thinking about it and I think it'll be a good idea. Especially since you've bought so many parts within the last few months.

AMG_Eric 07-17-2005 01:14 AM

Originally Posted by ChrisDPham
lol. Last time me and my friends went, we say someone get stabbed so therefore I won't be going to TJ anytime soon. Unless to get my car painted. That's partial of the reason why I declined to go down with you Eric. LOL! :hammer:

boy i have never had a bad experience in tj. wll maybe one when my buddy asked me if i wanted to try some chew. i turned yellow and had the ****s. god dam red necks.

this shop is the 1st shop in tj. so if you dont want to go down to the tj strip you are safe.

e32o 07-17-2005 05:14 AM

Hey looks great Eric, can't wait to se it up close. Hope mine gets done soon, still searching for some parts before i give them the go ahead for paint.

YNVDIZW124 07-17-2005 02:09 PM

One thing about people that never been to TJ is that some people think your going to someones garage or a dirty ugly shop to paint your car and this is not true. I have an uncle who has 3 mechanic shops 1 upholstery shop and 1 paint shop. He builds drag and custom cars on his spare time but don't think your not getting a professional job just because it's tj. Trust me im mexican and some cops have been a-holes just because of the american plates!

I can't say anything about the food if you go to some corner restaurant. EAT AT YOUR OWN RISK! I have another house in mexico and my wife makes the food at home! I also have a 190E sitting there just in case.

BTW anyone want a 57 bel-air fully restored for 25k?

e32o 07-17-2005 02:48 PM

Not a Bel-Air but i am looking for a 49 2Door Mercury, any condition if anyone has.

YNVDIZW124 07-17-2005 08:13 PM

Mercs are hard to find i actually want one too with a chop top more like the ones ZZ Top have.

AMG_Eric 07-19-2005 02:09 AM

i updated the original post.

X03 07-19-2005 08:48 PM

wait in the pics in the other post, how come your drivers side headlights look a little off? the gap between the hood and the headlights is bigger than on your passengers side??

CDP 07-19-2005 08:59 PM

Originally Posted by X03
wait in the pics in the other post, how come your drivers side headlights look a little off? the gap between the hood and the headlights is bigger than on your passengers side??

his hood is open...

rammbs 07-19-2005 10:05 PM

i can't wait to see your car (eric) in person. can i touch it? :D

AMG_Eric 07-19-2005 11:25 PM

Originally Posted by rammbs
i can't wait to see your car (eric) in person. can i touch it? :D

lol you are cracking me up.

Originally Posted by X03

his hood is open...
chris is correct. we opened the hood so ram could see the mod i did to securely fasten the bumper cover.

X03 07-20-2005 01:42 AM

no way this is picture is with the hood open.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...ofP1010143.jpg

CDP 07-20-2005 02:15 AM

that's nothing to worry about. Eric probably didn't screw back in the bolt that goes to the side of the headlight by the radiator or doesn't have the upper plastic screw on top of the headlight to hold it up.

AMG_Eric 07-20-2005 10:29 AM

Originally Posted by X03
no way this is picture is with the hood open.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...ofP1010143.jpg

crap. chris is right again. i didnt even notice that. GOOD eye xo3. i will have to adjust that darn little screw.

i dont know if they pulled the lights but i did reajust that right before i sent it to paint.

thx for pointing that out.

GORBETTTEAM 07-20-2005 11:02 AM

..plus you could take care of the oversray with a can of undercoating.
- J -

Makahveli 07-20-2005 11:09 AM

I love how that looks

just acquired a 88 300ce in excellent condition. So I'm gonna try everything I can to work with the stock black and silver on it. So do you have the all red or all clear tails?

AMG_Eric 07-20-2005 11:36 AM

Originally Posted by Makahveli
just acquired a 88 300ce in excellent condition. So I'm gonna try everything I can to work with the stock black and silver on it. So do you have the all red or all clear tails?

i have 94 stock tails.

Makahveli 07-20-2005 11:49 AM

oh sorry for the assumption, are you gonna change them or planning to?

Makahveli 07-20-2005 11:55 AM

I'm confused, as far as the exterior and besides the lighting are there any differences of body shaping from the early to late 300ce's?