MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   E-Class (W124) (https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-w124-28/)
-   -   What kinda wing is this? (https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-w124/114643-what-kinda-wing.html)

Makahveli 07-21-2005 05:14 AM

What kinda wing is this?

It's the best style I seen on ebay so far i think. Is it from some companies body kit? I'm very interested in a spoiler but hate the ricer look.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...spagename=WDVW

AMG_Eric 07-21-2005 10:49 AM

looks like a generic aftermarket wing. ramil doesnt matt have that same one on his E?

rammbs 07-21-2005 01:34 PM

no, he has the common one with square corners. :p

Makahveli 07-21-2005 01:51 PM

Looks to have have a sturdier structure than the other ones I've seen

neanderthal 07-21-2005 10:20 PM

i think the best wings for a car like a 124 are those like the AMG wings; bootlip, and subtle. IMO it looks kinda gay when you put wings on something like a 124 or a camry; cars that never had sporting intentions in thier lives.

AMG_Eric 07-21-2005 10:31 PM

Originally Posted by neanderthal
i think the best wings for a car like a 124 are those like the AMG wings; bootlip, and subtle. IMO it looks kinda gay when you put wings on something like a 124 or a camry; cars that never had sporting intentions in thier lives.

lol

how about an evo 2 wing on a 124. that would be so pre-ricer.
btw i was corrected at one time when i called the amg wing a dovetail. its a "ducktail". it dont look like a duck to me. :zoom:

Makahveli 07-22-2005 01:11 AM

Well in my opinion 2 door coupes are obvious to a sporty look. I don't like seeing wings or spoilers on a sedan of any, but a coupe its looks nice. And to correct you a Wing and Spoiler are to different styles. A wing on a w124 would look ugly, but a spoiler would compliment it on my opinion. I'm not about to pay the price they ask for a ducktail when its only noticable up close.

jrmd01 07-22-2005 01:26 AM

The CE looks nice without a wing/spoiler.

Putting one on really has no function.

To each his own, I guess...

neanderthal 07-22-2005 02:59 AM

the CE looks nice period. as does the 126 coupe.

gimme a 560SEC in dark grey with an M119 5 liter and lorinser deep dish 15 hole alloys. aye caramba. es fuego. :zoom:

Makahveli 07-22-2005 05:24 PM

yeah the ce looks nice period, as thats what I drive. Wings and spoilers been on the market long b4 then ricer thread began, I hate the fact that people say and think that they are only great to put on ricers. Ricers went to far with the aero dynamics and all but we are talking about MB spoilers not universal wings and spoilers

Makahveli 07-22-2005 05:29 PM

It's not like I'm tryin to take this to the next level with hood scoops and all. I live in denver colorado usa where the roads are constantly in need of repair so potholes and dips are all over. I like the body kits but with how unfriendly the streets are and the prices I'll have to pass. So the only things I see to adapting a sporty look is to do a minor drop and spoiler. Any comments?

neanderthal 07-23-2005 03:16 AM

your car definitely does not need a wing. it doesnt have a propensity to "lift" at the rear at speed in excess of 140. it was designed for the autobahn and even had aero parts used under the body to minimise turbulence (and the resultant lift) and reduce drag.

the essence of rice is installing unecessary parts. you dont need it. hence rice.

now, if you "complete the look" like eric has done its a lot more classy than just having the wing.

AMG_Eric 07-23-2005 10:25 AM

body kits can be a freaking headache. i have had this amg one since i bought it 9 years ago. i have replaced the front bumper cover 3x now. after saying that it was installed incorrectly at least 3x. i say this becuase it never fit like it does now. this last time b4 i sent it to paint i fabricated a few items that make this thing fit perfectly. i also figured out where it should be mounted underneath to the body.

now that it fits correctly i dont hit as many curbs...that is unless i drive over them like yesterday and parking blocks dont seem to get dragged on either. it adds styling and if i recall that last time i had it up to 130mph the car dropped down a little due to ground effects. that could be my imagination but it did get heavier and it felt like it sucked down to the ground closer.

btw i am selling my last amg gen1 bumper. it has a few rough spots but with some fiberglass skills one would never notice the repairs.

FiFth_StreetZ 07-24-2005 11:09 PM

hey makiahveli check out my wing, authentic AMG
http://img25.imageshack.us/img25/2711/IMG_2358.jpg

thinking about selling it..

neanderthal 07-24-2005 11:24 PM

i dont recall AMG ever selling a wing that wasnt a bootlip "ducktail" type.

anyone have any pics of one with that kind of wing?

AMG_Eric 07-25-2005 04:32 AM

Originally Posted by FiFth_StreetZ
hey makiahveli check out my wing, authentic AMG

thinking about selling it..

what is the amg part # for that?

CDP 07-25-2005 05:13 AM

Hey Ramil, Doesn't Matt have that AMG wing on his 300E?

Makahveli 07-25-2005 08:26 AM

well since it's amg wing a quote would be considered for it, and yes its already black for me.

FiFth_StreetZ 07-25-2005 10:16 AM

im not sure about the part number, my uncle in law got it along with the car.it has a AMG stamp and whatnot underneath, i can take a pic of it..maybe that will help

Makahveli 07-25-2005 01:48 PM

Originally Posted by AMG_Eric
body kits can be a freaking headache. i have had this amg one since i bought it 9 years ago. i have replaced the front bumper cover 3x now. after saying that it was installed incorrectly at least 3x..

This is why a bodykit is not in mind, they look good but won't last long here on colorado terrain.

Makahveli 07-25-2005 01:59 PM

So fifth whats your opinion on the wing? You think its ricey. yours does have the unique styling tips on each side. With it being AMG what would some say?

FiFth_StreetZ 07-25-2005 02:59 PM

i think the ebay one is kind of ricy, ive seen those on civics before, doesnt really fit a Merc to well...as with the wing i have its either you hate it or love it, i like it alot because it makes my car unique from others, and its not all out rice.

Makahveli 07-25-2005 04:10 PM

Originally Posted by FiFth_StreetZ
i think the ebay one is kind of ricy, ive seen those on civics before, doesnt really fit a Merc to well...as with the wing i have its either you hate it or love it, i like it alot because it makes my car unique from others, and its not all out rice.

So are you saying that that wing is a universal wing? Not just intended for a Benz. If this is true my interest in in is gone

Makahveli 07-25-2005 04:44 PM

2 hours left amd still no bids?

Makahveli 07-26-2005 02:57 AM

And turned out nobody got it. awww. I still wonder what it looked like on the car