E-Class (W124) 1984-1995: E 260, E 300, E 320, E 420, E 500 (Includes CE, T, TD models)

Carbon Fiber Fenders W124

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-18-2006, 03:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lots of cars
That really sucks a$$!!!..WoW now i really feel you bro...and both fenders are f#$@ up right..so are you going to re-spray the whole car?...Well atleast this time you can mix your own paint and know how much material your using in your paint...
Old 04-18-2006, 05:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Porsche 997 cabrio
Originally Posted by YNVDIZW124
That really sucks a$$!!!..WoW now i really feel you bro...and both fenders are f#$@ up right..so are you going to re-spray the whole car?...Well atleast this time you can mix your own paint and know how much material your using in your paint...
We'll see what happens. Im not sure as of know what IM going to do with THIS car.

Albert S.
Old 04-18-2006, 06:00 PM

88 260 E
It's too late to turn back now bro..Just finish up your vision..I know you're probably pissed and lost all motivation but turn it around and make this set-back motivate you even more..

~Cali
Old 04-18-2006, 07:11 PM

Porsche 997 cabrio
Originally Posted by CaliE320
It's too late to turn back now bro..Just finish up your vision..I know you're probably pissed and lost all motivation but turn it around and make this set-back motivate you even more..

~Cali

You're right B. Thats exactly what IM going to do...& I just might get so pissed of that I'll end up making an entire mold of my car & build a w124 Carbon fiber shell (WIDE BODY). with a custom tube chasses, 2000 E55 engine/tranny, Corvett C5 aluminum upper/lower arms, Carbon Fiber Drive shaft........& the list goes on.... Hummmmmmmm I wonder.... (project-X). ( the molds aint being made for no reason eh ).
Old 04-18-2006, 09:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

lots of cars
I think some of us in so cal should get together and make the baddest w124 ever lol...Im sure ben, you, and me can bust one out in a week...lol...
Old 04-18-2006, 11:19 PM

300TE / 300E / 300CE
Albert,

Temporary set back! The paint is almost always sacrificed once you pull molds off it.

How is the interior dye holding up? Which did you use, I may dye my Recaro C's?

My sketches are in the link I gave you. Also look in my signature under "Art & Design" for older work. I hear alot of designers are using photoshop and 3-d software. I still use marker and chalk...
Old 04-19-2006, 02:16 AM

Porsche 997 cabrio
Originally Posted by pifcat2
Albert,

Temporary set back! The paint is almost always sacrificed once you pull molds off it.

How is the interior dye holding up? Which did you use, I may dye my Recaro C's?

My sketches are in the link I gave you. Also look in my signature under "Art & Design" for older work. I hear alot of designers are using photoshop and 3-d software. I still use marker and chalk...
my interior is not dye, I acctually re did everything & got the white carpet from Rollce Royce. My interior guys only delt with Hi end cars so he was able to get me the white carpet (which I regret doing) pain in the *** to keep clean...I'll check the link again.

Albert s.
Old 04-19-2006, 04:41 AM

300TE / 300E / 300CE
Originally Posted by AS Design
my interior is not dye, I acctually re did everything & got the white carpet from Rollce Royce. My interior guys only delt with Hi end cars so he was able to get me the white carpet (which I regret doing) pain in the *** to keep clean...I'll check the link again.

Albert s.
Are you saying your dash and panels are reupholstered in vinyl or leather? I couldn't tell by the picture. What did that cost you? I need an upholsterer for my Recaro C's but so far have got quotes for ~$1k each...
Old 04-19-2006, 05:14 AM

Porsche 997 cabrio
Originally Posted by pifcat2
Are you saying your dash and panels are reupholstered in vinyl or leather? I couldn't tell by the picture. What did that cost you? I need an upholsterer for my Recaro C's but so far have got quotes for ~$1k each...
everything is done in white vinyl, it cost me around 2k.
Old 04-19-2006, 05:18 AM

Porsche 997 cabrio
few updates on the mold process...

made the mold of the corner light inner peice, actually going to be two peices..

Two more peices for the mold to be finished
man its late & IM tired (2:17am )

Albert S.
Old 04-19-2006, 10:18 AM

88 260 E
Albert,

Glad to see you back on track bro...Now you tell me about the white carpet being a pain !!! Argggg I just did two of my door panels last nite in 2 tone White and charcoal Alcantara suede ~~~~~~ hahaha. It's all good, anybody that wants to get into my car has to take their shoes off and not touch the suede ~~

Ynvdiz - I'm sure with our collective skills we could crank out a hot a$$ W124 the problem are the funds $$$$ hahaha

Pifcat - That's hella expensive to re-do those seats bro. If you can leave your car in SoCali at my upholsterer he can hook you up for cheap !!!! Your looking at around $800-1000 if your seats meaning cushions etc are still in good shape to be re-done in MB Tex and Suede 2 tone. That's for front and rear bench. Be alot cheaper too if you go all MBtex as well.

~Cali
Old 04-19-2006, 02:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

lots of cars
Ben - did you get the updated door panels? ohh and EBAY my friend that's how im doing it...ohh and hook ups here and there...when im done ima tell you how much it really cost me to do all that im doing....let's just say it would be less than what albert spent on the interior...

Gloves are a must when doing interiors because you don't want the glue get on your hands then touch the panels and get dirty glue all over..

There is a place in east los angeles that is one of the top low rider upholstery shops and they charge $350 for each seat on my benz...I think im just going to get a newer interior from a 94+ from my dismatler...i still don't know if im going to go crazy with different colors inside?
Old 04-19-2006, 10:15 PM

300TE / 300E / 300CE
Originally Posted by YNVDIZW124
There is a place in east los angeles that is one of the top low rider upholstery shops and they charge $350 for each seat on my benz...I think im just going to get a newer interior from a 94+ from my dismatler...i still don't know if im going to go crazy with different colors inside?
Wow you guys have some cheap resources in SoCal. The cost go up if you want leather. I know a guy who works with a shop in Tijauna but lately doesn't trust them. My seats are fine the way they are but I them in dove grey to match my interior. I found an inexpensive upholsterer in Florida but he took 4 months to recover my classic AMG wheel. Yeah, I "old school".

I'd like to take them apart but the fastener hardware is hidden or snap type. Anyone disassemble Recaro electric Classics, I don't want to break tabs and clips?
Old 04-20-2006, 01:20 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

lots of cars
Talking

Well it's not even that, you just have to hunt down the materials like on ebay and fabric stores...so far im fixing my mercedes on used parts from the dismatler and ebay...Also i try to see if i can do some of the stuff instead of paying someone to do them....I learn how to sort of re-upholster seats from doing my seats on my 69 mustang...I sold them after that and now im installing some seats from a c280 sport...Since i think my car is kinda old i just say f#$ it and try my skills on my benz and soo far it has come out alright...

check out this website..http://www.wscape.net/tgz/tech/vynil.shtml...
Old 04-20-2006, 03:03 PM

Porsche 997 cabrio
Finaly IM done: 4/20/06 3:35am Done with Left fender mold

& my F'ed up fender

Albert S.
Old 04-20-2006, 03:40 PM

88 260 E
Looks good bro, you know what I was thinking about your F*** up fenders?
Don't even worry about using them. Make yourself a new set of Carbon Fiber ones and tint the CF yellow like your interior CF. That way you don't have to worry about re-spraying your fenders to match your car or re-spraying the whole car entirely... I think you
passed the point of no return now..lolz

~Cali
Old 04-20-2006, 05:37 PM

Porsche 997 cabrio
Originally Posted by CaliE320
Looks good bro, you know what I was thinking about your F*** up fenders?
Don't even worry about using them. Make yourself a new set of Carbon Fiber ones and tint the CF yellow like your interior CF. That way you don't have to worry about re-spraying your fenders to match your car or re-spraying the whole car entirely... I think you
passed the point of no return now..lolz

~Cali
If I do that then ppl would jump at me & say...OH look Its a rice-rocket, or a civic.. lol...I guess all them million dollar cars are Civics to hu
I think I'll make a set of yellow Carbon Kevlar just for fun just to **** off certian ppl
Old 04-20-2006, 06:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

lots of cars
Talking

WELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL?.......I thought that was the plan in the beginning to do a carbon/klevar fender because what is the point if it's going to be hidden under paint......

You got my vote! ...That's 2 votes so far........ Most of those your trying to **** off are people who think floormats are some kind of mod, you know those O.E guys.......

Last edited by YNVDIZW124; 04-20-2006 at 06:24 PM.
Old 04-20-2006, 07:34 PM

Porsche 997 cabrio
LMAO good one
Old 04-21-2006, 09:46 PM

Porsche 997 cabrio
Few pics of the car w/the ****ty fender back on Oh also tried on the rear wheels in the front, seem to fine. 275's in the front & 315's in the rear I think IM just to excited...I need to stop....but I cant

Old 04-22-2006, 05:21 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
"88 300CE- First Year Production
Do what u want, thats what I'm talking about
Old 05-09-2006, 04:22 AM

Porsche 997 cabrio
Here's one fender I just layed up last night @ 4am have't had time to try it on the car yet. will tomorow & post up. The line that you see on the fender is from the mold; I have the mold in two peices so when I build it widebody I can just make a new mold of the edge of the fender & not the entire thing

Took a little break & smoked a little
Old 05-09-2006, 08:16 AM

Location: Vicenza Italy - Wuerzburg Germany - Ft. Knox Kentucky
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CLS 55 AMG
Quick question. I see your molding wide body wells, but I was wondering were they available commercially anywhere? If you are the first to have these, I may have to have my Czech connection look into following up. Also props on the color. Yellow is a bold move for a sedan.
Old 05-09-2006, 04:44 PM

Porsche 997 cabrio
Originally Posted by mtheumer
Quick question. I see your molding wide body wells, but I was wondering were they available commercially anywhere? If you are the first to have these, I may have to have my Czech connection look into following up. Also props on the color. Yellow is a bold move for a sedan.
not quiet sure what you mean on the first part? The molds I've made are from the OE 500E/E500 & this is a Fiberglass part that I made out of the mold. But out of the Fiberglass I will be making the fenders wider & will have molds for that. Not sure it thats what you were asking for...

Here's a few more pix.

Old 05-09-2006, 05:20 PM

Range Rover Classic
Looks like it came out well what is the weight difference between the Carbon and the OE?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Carbon Fiber Fenders W124