E-Class (W124) 1984-1995: E 260, E 300, E 320, E 420, E 500 (Includes CE, T, TD models)

Carbon Fiber Fenders W124

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-10-2006, 11:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1992 400E
Wow, those are already looking really cool! How do you plan on integrating the rear flares with the rear doors? That could be an issue. Either way, I'm interesed in this project.
Old 05-10-2006, 12:13 PM

88 260 E
Originally Posted by Legoinsaniac
Wow, those are already looking really cool! How do you plan on integrating the rear flares with the rear doors? That could be an issue. Either way, I'm interesed in this project.

it would probably have to be made into 2x pieces one for the rear door and the other rear panel.
Old 05-10-2006, 01:24 PM

Porsche 997 cabrio
Originally Posted by mtheumer
What I meant was if there were any commercially available W124 body panels that have similarly wider fenders or were you blazing a trail here. If so, I think we will all be interested in the results. Also as was mentioned with these fenders, it seems that they will allow for a wider wheels or spacers. i my self would love to mount 19x8s', but always thought that was pushing it.
19x8's? IM running 19/245/35F & 19/275/30R....when I go wider I plan on putting 315/25/19R & might go with the 275's in the front not sure yet??

Legoinsaniac it will be two seperate peices & I will vacum bag/glue it to the rear 1/4's & doors; then blend it all in...you'll see once its done. I'll post up some pics

CaliE320
B i'll hit you up so you can drop by one of these days. its just that I go to school till 11pm & by the time IM home it's late. I start working on the project usually @ like 1am till like 5am or so. But I'll hit you up for sure..

Albert S.
Old 05-10-2006, 01:35 PM

Porsche 997 cabrio
Originally Posted by CaliE320
Albert, are you going to anodize the wheel lips gold or is that going to be gold plating? Man, the kit hasn't arrived yet, so I don't think theres any way the car is going to be ready for Eurofest. I'm hella dissapointed about that, but there will always be other car shows... You know as soon as it arrives, we'll follow through with what we were talking about..The only bad thing about geting the wide fenders is that either I'm going to have to dish out for new staggered 19's or get wheel spacers to have them look semi-decent. You can't have a flat faced style rim tucked all the way inside the fender wells. Or maybe just bagg the whole car and lay it on the frame...hahaha
IMO, I think your car would look smoother one-tone instead of the black roof. The black rims and plated lips gives the rest of the car the perfect amount of contrast.

What yr GSXR did you hook up by the way? My favorite will always be the old skewl slingshots 88 - 91. Nowadays bikes look tooo smooth and TRON like.
If you ever come across a slingshot let me know, I've been looking for another one.

~Cali
B. I'll probably paint the inners black & color match the lip to the yellow of my car.

P.S. the GSXR-600 2003..

Old 05-10-2006, 03:56 PM

Porsche 997 cabrio
Originally Posted by YNVDIZW124
That will be the day when i see a 300e with lambo doors....i got a few NEW and different ideas but im gonna see if they work out....I already got side vents for my fenders....they look pretty nice and i think im the only one so far to have them....came off a 2006 range rover sport....
Here's something I did in like 30min's. the top, bottom & curved parts are with cardboard just a little mock-up I sprayed it black to match the rest of the fenders:

Old 05-10-2006, 04:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sean's Sister--
man i wish i had some skillz like that.......
when do you sleep then?
Old 05-10-2006, 04:18 PM

88 260 E
That looks sick !!!!!!!! You know what I was thinking, we don't have to worry about the 500 fenders fitting on a non 500 bumper.Because in our case our kit is full bumper replacement and wider anyways.,

That suxx about our hrs being twisted, while you're working in the garage I'm heading off to work. But Friday or weekends is good, I luv the smell of hookah and fiberglass resin in the morning hahahahahaha. For the GSXR front end I would custom fab the headlights to look like the new Ducati, that would look insane.
Attached Thumbnails Carbon Fiber Fenders W124-86_3.jpg  
Old 05-10-2006, 04:22 PM

Porsche 997 cabrio
Originally Posted by Alexbenz
man i wish i had some skillz like that.......
when do you sleep then?
I don't no but seriously probably like 4-6hrs a day (on a good day that is).

CaliE320 lol...man you need to see the one IM starting on next week got the Xenon ready for it too. Its ganna be something like you said.

I'll keep you guys updated on that project as well...
Old 05-10-2006, 05:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lots of cars
nope not like that...im not into the F1 lorinser look...mines are not made out of fiberglass either...i have to do some metal work to the fenders tho.....i'll post pics when it's almost finished....also the body kit im making....the whole design of my car is way different than yours....more of an update look with changes here and there...sharing is caring....not saying that you are but some people share ideas and someone else takes the credit.....all i know is that i haven't see any other benz with my fenders....
Old 05-11-2006, 02:12 AM

Porsche 997 cabrio
nope not like that...im not into the F1 lorinser look...mines are not made out of fiberglass either...i have to do some metal work to the fenders tho.....i'll post pics when it's almost finished....also the body kit im making....the whole design of my car is way different than yours....more of an update look with changes here and there...sharing is caring....not saying that you are but some people share ideas and someone else takes the credit.....all i know is that i haven't see any other benz with my fenders....
Sounds exciting Can't wait till its ready. I enjoy watching other create a beautiful work of art out of nothing. Just take lots of pics, before, during & after pics. I love seeing the process for some odd reason. I tend to take lots of pics because of this reason, just helps me look back & see what I could have done different. Anything I can help with, let me know.

Albert S.
Old 05-11-2006, 03:16 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

lots of cars
Thanks albert. I will be posting pics but right now my car looks like *****....on a personal level i'll tell u everything im doing...It's because i had the idea of modding our cars between us all socal guys so we can represent for the west coast ....maybe be a step ahead from what everyone else is doing....I see heavy modding going on for the w202, w201, w210...etc....for the w124 is kind of limited except if you count the 500e guys......your car is the baddest w124 i've seen...also looks like calie320 will have a tight ride too...hope when a car show comes up we can see alot of good looking w124s....
Old 05-12-2006, 01:56 AM

300TE / 300E / 300CE
Originally Posted by AS Design
you mean something like this?

Cuz I'll be designing something symilar but with better purportions that acctually follow the conture of the fenders wheel archs

have any pix? Sharing is caring lol

Albert S.
Nice progress, my guess is these vents:
Attached Thumbnails Carbon Fiber Fenders W124-land-rover-side-grille.jpg  
Old 05-12-2006, 04:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

lots of cars
Yes, those are the vents but mines are going to be color matched to the car so i'll look like a sl type fender. The whole design of my car is to take parts from other cars since i have easy access to dismantlers or junk yards and just mold these parts onto my car. I have a good eye for what fits and what dosen't or how to make it fit. I can make new designs using foam to mold them and laying fiberglass on top of them but i don't have that kind of time.
Old 05-12-2006, 10:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Sean's Sister--
Yes, those are the vents but mines are going to be color matched to the car so i'll look like a sl type fender. The whole design of my car is to take parts from other cars since i have easy access to dismantlers or junk yards and just mold these parts onto my car. I have a good eye for what fits and what dosen't or how to make it fit. I can make new designs using foam to mold them and laying fiberglass on top of them but i don't have that kind of time.
where are the junkyards that you have the connections to?? i see your from long beach....i was born there
Old 05-12-2006, 10:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

lots of cars
I haven't bought parts from them in a while but AMC and some other dismatlers in willmington...I've met alot of cool people from north hollywood and the valley but is not like i have "connections"....
Old 05-13-2006, 01:06 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Sean's Sister--
I haven't bought parts from them in a while but AMC and some other dismatlers in willmington...I've met alot of cool people from north hollywood and the valley but is not like i have "connections"....
i see......yea theres a lot in sun valley and i've seen some nice stuff that they have from engines to amg brakes and what not.....i just need to become best friends with one of them....lol
Old 05-13-2006, 01:46 AM

Porsche 997 cabrio
Originally Posted by Alexbenz
i see......yea theres a lot in sun valley and i've seen some nice stuff that they have from engines to amg brakes and what not.....i just need to become best friends with one of them....lol
lol. I had a junkyard in sunvally on San fernando & brandford. Mercedes/BMW/Porshce good times.. I know most of the ppl there. IM cuz owns a junkyard & bestfriends uncle ownes half of the land in sunvally it's just hard to budge with most of the owners cuz they're kinda stingy.

Albert S.
Old 05-13-2006, 02:16 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Sean's Sister--
Originally Posted by AS Design
lol. I had a junkyard in sunvally on San fernando & brandford. Mercedes/BMW/Porshce good times.. I know most of the ppl there. IM cuz owns a junkyard & bestfriends uncle ownes half of the land in sunvally it's just hard to budge with most of the owners cuz they're kinda stingy.

Albert S.
i know what you mean.....my dads friends with one place but the guys so freakin cheap......the stuff i wanted to get, i can get it cheaper at the dealer...
Old 05-25-2006, 09:39 PM

W124 Extreme
My SN has changed & if any questions abt my progress, etc. please e-mail me or PM me rather than posting on the forum.

thank you,
Albert S.

aka: AS Design

p.s. I will have a site up soon @

WWW.SoCalCarbon.com
or
www.ASdesignConcepts.com

Last edited by Extreme E5; 05-25-2006 at 09:47 PM.
Old 05-26-2006, 07:41 AM
Almost a Member!

AS Design: Thats looks bad, but it looks like the door needs a seam to go with the fender, post pics when ur done. And also, would that fit on a 94 e320 convt' or is it different for 4drs??
Old 05-26-2006, 11:28 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Was 89' 300E, Now 93' 500SEL
I love those fenders! Umm... What about it fitting on the w124 300E?? Does this mean that i need to get a more wide front bumper or your making a special 2 peice?
Old 05-26-2006, 11:37 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

1990 300ce
Originally Posted by 94Eclass
AS Design: Thats looks bad, but it looks like the door needs a seam to go with the fender, post pics when ur done. And also, would that fit on a 94 e320 convt' or is it different for 4drs??
and by "bad" do you mean good?
Old 05-26-2006, 02:49 PM
Almost a Member!

yeah. definately in a good way. It makes me wanna go home and jus 'try', becuz he makes it look so easy. I'm one of those "brown nose" guys that likes the car, he would have to do a whole lot to make me not like that car. I just hate it at the same time because i didn't come up with that idea 1st, (yellow with shaved handles and top it off with the 19's)

i have a silver convertible w/ blue top, pretty much stock, nothin like that, but one day i'll finish, 17 amg replicas.
Old 05-27-2006, 03:51 PM
RHW
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
94 Wagon and 94 Cabriolet
Wink

I've heard whispers about a squirrel and a payoff...with the money trail originating in NorCal (ifornia). Sometimes dogs' loyalties can go the way of the most recent T-bone.

I just read this whole thread for the first time- it's a great thread. My opinion is I love the look on - your car. I am stock-happy myself.
Old 05-30-2006, 09:53 AM

88 260 E
Moderators banned Albert, so that's why he hasn't been posting updates for awhile...This forum was supposed to help other benz owners but yet they ban Albert supposedly for soliciting his products. Not once have I seen Albert even put a price on any of his projects. That's exactly what they were projects. How can you try to sell something that's not even finished yet?? He was always trying to help other MB owners and anything he made for others he would've only charged for materials and labor not for profit !! He did it for the luv of it all. Arrgg this pisses me off !! They can ban a good guy like this but still endorse AutoBlz/Europassion as one one of their sponsors even after numerous complaints from MB members of fraud and illegal business practices. I guess if you're not contributing to their piggy bank they'll back up their sponsors even if their crooks. This will be my last post as well I will no longer contribute to a site that's run by greed and money IMO they're no better then Autoblz and Europassion... If you guys ever need help you know where to look for me or Albert. peace

~Cali
one2four.com

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Carbon Fiber Fenders W124