E-Class (W124) 1984-1995: E 260, E 300, E 320, E 420, E 500 (Includes CE, T, TD models)

Give me some advice! 94 w124

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-17-2012, 11:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Give me some advice! 94 w124

Hey guys i got a couple questions any help would be appreciated.

1. Will the 1994 E320 W124 sedan allow for a roof rack? If so, can you point me in the right direction?

2. Should i go for lower springs and shocks or coilovers?

3. Im getting a new bumper, either amg style or c36 style should i paint it to match the lower color of my car or plasti-dip all the lower pieces and bumpers black?

Thanks for looking!

Old 10-18-2012, 12:06 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
1990 300ce 24v I6
1) Yes, the kind that hooks into the top of the door-frames and requires the doors to be closed on it.

2) So, you're certain you're willing to deal with the nasty things that come with a lowered car? If so, I'd wager that the shock/spring combos are of more... certain quality than the little-known/tested w124 coil-over sets.

3) Aesthetics are subjective. I've seen plenty of two-tones I love, and plenty of monotones I love as well. Do whatever pleases you more
Old 10-18-2012, 12:11 AM

Originally Posted by Saijin_Naib
1) Yes, the kind that hooks into the top of the door-frames and requires the doors to be closed on it.

2) So, you're certain you're willing to deal with the nasty things that come with a lowered car? If so, I'd wager that the shock/spring combos are of more... certain quality than the little-known/tested w124 coil-over sets.

3) Aesthetics are subjective. I've seen plenty of two-tones I love, and plenty of monotones I love as well. Do whatever pleases you more
Thanks for the quick reply. I gotta have my cars low......unfortunately. I think I'm gonna go ahead and try the plasti-dip. I can always peel it off if I don't like it!
Old 10-18-2012, 06:31 AM

1990 300E
Originally Posted by Euro_style_21
Hey guys i got a couple questions any help would be appreciated.

3. Im getting a new bumper, either amg style or c36 style should i paint it to match the lower color of my car or plasti-dip all the lower pieces and bumpers black?

Thanks for looking!
nice car.

I would paint all the lower pieces black, my preference.

Let us know where you are going to buy the new bumper from (amg or c36 style). I'm looking to get one too, and I need the clear fog lamp lenses that come with it too.
Old 10-18-2012, 07:53 AM

Originally Posted by mbnz
nice car.

I would paint all the lower pieces black, my preference.

Let us know where you are going to buy the new bumper from (amg or c36 style). I'm looking to get one too, and I need the clear fog lamp lenses that come with it too.
I think I'm getting the bumper from myhotmercedes.com In just not positive if they come with the lower fog light inserts. I'm just hoping fitment is good.
Old 10-18-2012, 12:15 PM
RHW
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
94 Wagon and 94 Cabriolet
I WOULD AVOID MYHOTMERCEDES.COM
or at least do some google searches including the words "review" and "myhotmercedes.com" so you are familiar with their history before sending them money. like this link.

And I think painted/matching lowers make these cars blend in in the modern look world a little better. I have both, prefer matching but truly is personal preference...these are older cars...metal and paint.
Old 10-18-2012, 12:20 PM

Originally Posted by RHW
I WOULD AVOID MYHOTMERCEDES.COM
or at least do some google searches including the words "review" and "myhotmercedes.com" so you are familiar with their history before sending them money. like this link.

And I think painted/matching lowers make these cars blend in in the modern look world a little better. I have both, prefer matching but truly is personal preference...these are older cars...metal and paint.
Thanks a lot for the advice! I will defiantly look into that. Can you shoot me in the right direction if I did want to get a new bumper?
Old 10-18-2012, 02:27 PM
SPONSOR

Received 62 Likes on 61 Posts
Mercedes-Benz, Porsche, BMW, MINI and more!
Tint? Go for some vogtland springs. And i'm assuming you're talking about the AMG Gen II front bumper?
Old 10-18-2012, 03:11 PM

Originally Posted by PelicanParts.com
Tint? Go for some vogtland springs. And i'm assuming you're talking about the AMG Gen II front bumper?
I got tint on now. With the springs. Should I get same brand shocks?
Old 10-19-2012, 04:58 PM
SPONSOR

Received 62 Likes on 61 Posts
Mercedes-Benz, Porsche, BMW, MINI and more!
Can't go wrong with some Koni's or Bilstein Sports...