E-Class (W124) 1984-1995: E 260, E 300, E 320, E 420, E 500 (Includes CE, T, TD models)

Water leak inside the car, Please Help!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-11-2017, 10:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
w124 e220 facelift
Exclamation Water leak inside the car, Please Help!!!

Hello! I own a w124 e220 1996 RHD sedan .Recently there has been heavy rains since last week. I park my car underneath a fish net kind of sheet used for the car shed. So when it rains the car gets wet. So last monday i got back into my car and i started driving. As i was on the phone & turning i noticed water droplets dribbling from the right driver side sunvisor .So after reaching home i just tried to torch light it & check .I felt the upper liner next to the sunvisor mildly wet at the A pillar junction. I checked the A pillar on the right & left ,i found the rubber like material jetting out of the A pillar trim ,so i checked the make of the windsheild & it said some Benson thing. I always had a doubt that the windshield had been replaced. so i called up my mechanic & told him about the incident & he told me to note down the area of droplets & he mentioned that water will leak only while driving the car.
So this was the first time i am having this issue.
During the rest of the week it rained but no problems were encountered.
Again it rained heavily on Saturday & it was parked same way. This time after i started water dribbled down from the driver side kick panel just above the accelerator pedal. It just dribbled a bit on to the floor mat , around 15 - 20 ml max. So i took it straight to the mechanic in the heavy rain. He checked by feeling the inner aspect of kick panel & checked the sides of the A pillar close to the windshield & concluded that it was leaking through the right windshield seals . He mentioned that while driving the water leaks due to the pressure against the windsheild. He mentioned that the windsheild has to be removed & refixed with seals or can do a temporary fix with silicon . So i took back the car ,i removed the mat and i dried it , next day i removed the flooring mat with the foam sponge from the bare metal. I noticed soakage of it at the accelerator pedal end. So i dried it & took the car for a spin & i could feel water dribbling at the accelerotor site on & off. So whole sunday there was no rain & car was water free . Then i put back the mat in position.
So there has been no rain since saturday evening .
Today , monday evening when i got back from the hospital , almost half way down , i felt water dribble down on my legs at the accelerator pedal, just a single drop.
So after stopping i checked again on the under side of the right kick panel & it was wet right above the accelerator pedal & a small drop at the edge of the kick panel. I called up my mechanic & he said water might be logged within the foam material and that could be dripping.
Can anybody help me with the situation on what the problem could be & the fix for it ? Thank you