E-Class (W210) 1995-2002: E 200, E 220D, E 240, E 290TD, E 300TD, E 200, E 240, E 280, E 320, E 420, E 430 (Wagon, Touring, 4Matic)

Anybody know this Benz ???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-23-2005, 04:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
S, GL, Escalade ESV, my shoes
Anybody know this Benz ???

It looks stunningly gorgegous. Too bad that the car has crappy head & taillight, otherwise, I think it's a perfect 10.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=4551777599
Old 05-23-2005, 08:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
4 wheeled car.
That bodykit reeks of replicashun.....poor fitment, wavy etc...
Old 05-23-2005, 10:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Sean's Sister--
it belongs to one of the Cash Money Millionares
Old 05-24-2005, 08:13 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
things with and without wheels
Thumbs up

it has to be older than 97 e-320 because it has an i-line six, and your right it's clean looks good and needs hid lights
Old 05-24-2005, 12:40 PM

2017 GLE350 4MATIC, 2009 ML350 4matic, 2005 4maticWAGON (sold), A Pre-facelift W210(sold)
Its definatly a '97, the trunk remote is NOT available on '96, plus the antenna on upper rear left panel on 96s is missing, so therefore its a 96.
Clean lookin ride, Doc is right about the fitment. All that $ and they didn't think about upgrading the tail lights to MY 00+ and '03+headlights....for a much better look.

just my $0.02
Old 05-24-2005, 12:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E320
How about this one?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...RK%3AMEWA%3AIT
Old 05-24-2005, 12:45 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Both of those cars look nasty. The second one is a bit better though.
Old 05-24-2005, 01:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

98 Black C43 , 08' ML320 CDI ,11 E63
It ain't 25k worth of nasty
Old 05-24-2005, 03:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Sean's Sister--
yes both are ugly as hell.........
Old 05-24-2005, 03:53 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
W212 & W210
Originally Posted by d2Benz
Its definatly a '97, the trunk remote is NOT available on '96, plus the antenna on upper rear left panel on 96s is missing, so therefore its a 96.
Clean lookin ride, Doc is right about the fitment. All that $ and they didn't think about upgrading the tail lights to MY 00+ and '03+headlights....for a much better look.

just my $0.02

So are you saying that it's a 97 or a 96?

It's a 97 as far as I can tell.
Old 05-24-2005, 04:21 PM

11 ML350W2 / 17 GLC300
I prefer the second one. I do not care for the chrome wheels on any car, let alone a Benz.

Jim
Old 05-24-2005, 09:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

98 W210 Advantgarde
Originally Posted by alexbenz
"FUGLY" is a better word - for both.......I hope the rest of the other guys are just joking....or is this just another scheme to advertize the famous retrofitted projectors

Last edited by Whitey; 05-24-2005 at 09:58 PM.
Old 05-24-2005, 10:24 PM

2017 GLE350 4MATIC, 2009 ML350 4matic, 2005 4maticWAGON (sold), A Pre-facelift W210(sold)
It's a 97....my second reference was a typo....sorry

Originally Posted by OceanView
So are you saying that it's a 97 or a 96?

It's a 97 as far as I can tell.
Old 05-24-2005, 11:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Sean's Sister--
Whitey Quote:

"FUGLY" is a better word - for both.......I hope the rest of the other guys are just joking....or is this just another scheme to advertize the famous retrofitted projectors

i could care less about the projector craze.......but yes your right, fugly says it all.......
Old 05-25-2005, 12:43 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

If I want to advertise for projector headlight, I would post one. There's no need to afraid or need to use any sort of scheme here. I have not fraud nor scheme anyone on this headlight stuff. It's all fair deal, w/o a single complain from both side for almost 20 retrofit jobs so far.

Going back to original thread, I think the body kit in the car is quite nice, too bad that the headlight is dull, and the OEM taillight is too ugly. It's all personal preference: if I think the kit on the car look nice, it's my take. Check the pix in the ebay & my org post: I can't see one single word to advertise for the retrofit headlight job here, as the matter of fact, I don't see any word related to "Projector headlight" til your post.

Some of you have sent me email or PM with request on this projector stuff. I follow up with some, ignore other, it's all my choice. I also told people when they asked for my opinion about this or that person recommendation in "painted xenon-like" bulb that it's a waste or money, but no personal attack whatsoever. It's my choice in deciding who to help & express my opinion. We all have right to do that, so let's not make it personal here.

Let's keep it humble and fun, afterall, this's car forum hobby. Post whatever crap we want, but no personal attack

Whitey Quote:

i could care less about the projector craze.......but yes your right, fugly says it all.......

Last edited by zam2000; 05-25-2005 at 01:53 AM.
Old 05-25-2005, 02:58 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

98 W210 Advantgarde
Zam, no personal attack at all and no names mentioned btw. Apologies if taken that way. I think most of us here admire your sense of adventure and efforts on exploring options, myself included - no disputes on this but please keep it into perspective and of course, you should know better than to solicit "business" here without being a sponsor of this board. If all of us were doing it, it would be lost revenue for MBW - money used to keep this great board alive and free for all of us to enjoy.

Anyway, the projector headlights by themselves are crap quality - housing and the orignal projectors and we all know it. Biased comments like "crappy head.......light" is implying the OEM's are plain useless and you'll need to spend $1400+ and unlimited time and effort on upgrades on inferior quality light housings before they are acceptable...... This does not make the car any more imperfect as you put it.....I happen to like the look of the white blurry OEM light with a white car and don't think the projectors look right on a W210, but of course, that's just me (and maybe a few others). Liekwise, your desire to turn night into day and preference for the pre-facelift f-Lorinser bodykit is also your choice which is to be respected.

Fact is, to a lot of people OEM's (not even ones with the straight xenon retrofits) do their job fine or are good enough in the conditions they drive in and not everyone would want to spend so much hard earned cash on having spotlights good enough for a night safari and do give other drivers on the road some thought when you embark on such projects...the earth is not perfectly flat...but of course, again, that's jmho.
Old 05-25-2005, 03:32 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Sean's Sister--
Whitey Zam, no personal attack at all and no names mentioned btw. Apologies if taken that way. I think most of us here admire your sense of adventure and efforts on exploring options, myself included - no disputes on this but please keep it into perspective and of course, you should know better than to solicit "business" here without being a sponsor of this board. If all of us were doing it, it would be lost revenue for MBW - money used to keep this great board alive and free for all of us to enjoy. Anyway, the projector headlights by themselves are crap quality - housing and the orignal projectors and we all know it. Biased comments like "crappy head.......light" is implying the OEM's are plain useless and you'll need to spend $1400+ and unlimited time and effort on upgrades on inferior quality light housings before they are acceptable...... This does not make the car any more imperfect as you put it.....I happen to like the look of the white blurry OEM light with a white car and don't think the projectors look right on a W210, but of course, that's just me (and maybe a few others). Liekwise, your desire to turn night into day and preference for the pre-facelift f-Lorinser bodykit is also your choice which is to be respected.

Fact is, to a lot of people OEM's (not even ones with the straight xenon retrofits) do their job fine or are good enough in the conditions they drive in and not everyone would want to spend so much hard earned cash on having spotlights good enough for a night safari and do give other drivers on the road some thought when you embark on such projects...the earth is not perfectly flat...but of course, again, that's jmho.
say what???LOL

dave i thought you liked the projectors......oh well no wonder since you never got them........2 white benz's on sale on ebay.....i love white on a mercedes.......so sexy
Old 05-25-2005, 03:49 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

98 W210 Advantgarde
say what???LOL

dave i thought you liked the projectors......oh well no wonder since you never got them........2 white benz's on sale on ebay.....i love white on a mercedes.......so sexy
I bet you'll lose your white one in a month or so...then the next benz won't be white...
Old 05-25-2005, 03:57 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Sean's Sister--
i don't know about that my friend.....i'm keeping her........
Old 05-25-2005, 09:20 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Hey Dave

No offend here, but I think you stress it too far in this case. If you go back to the close up pix of the car headlight, it's dull & yelllow. That's crappy by any standard. There's nothing that's bias about my org post: "The car is nice, head & taillight is crappy".

Three things:

1. Go back to my org thread, there's nothing that imply any sort of advertisement. I can't comment on any sort of light any more ??? If I say something like "OEM light is crap even when new", then you might have a point, but for a yellowish POS one ??

2. Do a search, I don't put down OEM headlight, as the matter of fact, do a search on the archive. I always recommend OEM as first upgrade option if price is right. Only if people who want projector style, then I recommend lens/projector upgrade, simply for safely reason, due to Depo quality. And I was one of the first one to state that Depo headlight is a POS out of the box, unless one's willing to do some work on it.

3. There're three (3) posts total in this forum which I start & advertise for the light work in this forum. That's not a lot by anyway I see it. The rest are for people who discuss about the light, and I participated. On some, I put my opinion, on others, I offfer the service. What's wrong with that ?? Just like posting on wheels. One thing if you start thread on wheels sale, it's another if people post to have problem w/ wheels, and you offer to help.

Just want to set the record straight here.

Originally Posted by Whitey
Anyway, the projector headlights by themselves are crap quality - housing and the orignal projectors and we all know it. Biased comments like "crappy head.......light" is implying the OEM's are plain useless and you'll need to spend $1400+ and unlimited time and effort on upgrades on inferior quality light housings before they are acceptable...... This does not make the car any more imperfect as you put it.....I happen to like the look of the white blurry OEM light with a white car and don't think the projectors look right on a W210, but of course, that's just me (and maybe a few others). Liekwise, your desire to turn night into day and preference for the pre-facelift f-Lorinser bodykit is also your choice which is to be respected.

Last edited by zam2000; 05-25-2005 at 09:26 AM.
Old 05-25-2005, 10:03 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

98 W210 Advantgarde
Its all good zam, no offence taken.......we all interpret, read and present things differently.

We're all certainly entitled to our opinions and how we choose to make our livelihood. As said, I admire you for your efforts and your accomplishments in all this which has certainly brought new options to an inferior product.

I've pointed out to someone (who was once offended by a comment you made in an earlier thread) that you sometimes write overly strong opinions, which sometimes comes across as being very biased and you'd not meant it the way people interpreted it, I fully understand but probably lost sight this time. Again, apologies if I've offended.

We've been here almost the same amount of time and we've developed our own areas of expertize (if you can call it that). I believe we should continue to contribute (peacefully) in areas where we are passionate about and strong in to improve the quality of W210 the world over

Last edited by Whitey; 05-25-2005 at 10:07 AM.
Old 05-25-2005, 01:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Sean's Sister--
everyone has there opinions and style and this is the internet......We can't get a feel for tone of how were talking because its a computer............

dave i havn't seen any recent pics of your car?
Old 05-25-2005, 01:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

98 W210 Advantgarde
everyone has there opinions and style and this is the internet......We can't get a feel for tone of how were talking because its a computer............

dave i havn't seen any recent pics of your car?
xacry! Anyway, I've made my point and zam's made his - in a very civilized manner...so far. I'm confident folks here have enough intelligence to figure it all out.

Bringing this back to topic (sort of)...I have posted recent pics of my ride when I did the hood badge, remember? Now "shock" us with your ride already....our reception's failing fast
Old 05-25-2005, 03:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Sean's Sister--
hahaha, well i'm trying to find another car to buy until i'm done with the benz........i bought a e30 325i but i hate it so i'm trying to find a e36 coupe or 4 door and then i will begin......i will post teaser pics once i begin