E-Class (W210) 1995-2002: E 200, E 220D, E 240, E 290TD, E 300TD, E 200, E 240, E 280, E 320, E 420, E 430 (Wagon, Touring, 4Matic)

Anyone have this??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-07-2006, 11:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2017 GLE350, 2009 ML350 4matic, 2005 4maticWAGON (sold), A Pre-facelift W210(sold)
Anyone have this??

Does anyone know how good these are?
mirror cover

can I paint over the black paint???
they also have a silver one (I'm not cosidering silver, my car is green)

I think I like this over the small led ones...

cheers!
Old 01-07-2006, 05:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sean's Sister--
Originally Posted by d2Benz
Does anyone know how good these are?
mirror cover

can I paint over the black paint???
they also have a silver one (I'm not cosidering silver, my car is green)

I think I like this over the small led ones...

cheers!

please do not do this mod.......it's cheap looking.......best way is to upgrade to 00+
Old 01-07-2006, 06:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 164 Likes on 149 Posts
99 E320
It comes down to form vs function, I guess. Compared to the MB look, it
is quite a bit longer so yes, it can be viewed as more 'in your face' and
gaudy. On the flip side, the longer light bar isn't all that out of place when
compared to other cars with blinker mirrors. Can be seen a little easier. So
I dont see it so much as 'cheap' vs different than the original. Then again,
I have no qualms about driving a 23 yr old pick up truck either.
Old 01-07-2006, 06:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Sean's Sister--
Originally Posted by raymond g-
It comes down to form vs function, I guess. Compared to the MB look, it
is quite a bit longer so yes, it can be viewed as more 'in your face' and
gaudy. On the flip side, the longer light bar isn't all that out of place when
compared to other cars with blinker mirrors. Can be seen a little easier. So
I dont see it so much as 'cheap' vs different than the original. Then again,
I have no qualms about driving a 23 yr old pick up truck either.
i saw one of these installed on a forum members ride one time and it's just to cheap looking and easy to break and etc.....i think it's not worth but thats my .02 cents
Old 01-07-2006, 08:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

99 E320
i see your point (quality of construction) if it's that shoddily made. i saw
one similar but different brand and the cover was thick and well constructed,
the LED lens was well sealed w/silicon and mounted securely on the inside.
thought it was just same OEM or something, but maybe not. tnx i still think
they can be a good alternative to OEM w/o spending several hundred $

Last edited by raymond g-; 01-08-2006 at 01:51 AM.
Old 01-08-2006, 12:50 AM

2001 E430 Designo Edition, 2002 C230K Sport Coupe & 2006 C230 SS
Mirrors

don't buy them... they may be the ones stolen off of my son's car !
These mirrors are hot items for theives
Old 01-08-2006, 01:32 AM

97 e320
you guys are nutts they look 10 times better then 00+ and its not like your gonna go bangin in to stuff with them ...there cheap and give it a good look
Old 01-08-2006, 10:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

99 E320
Originally Posted by Benzalot
don't buy them... they may be the ones stolen off of my son's car !
These mirrors are hot items for theives
thinking....so i shouldn't buy them because they may have come from your
son's car? uhh.....that's a bit of a stretch.

thinking.....don't buy them because if I put them on, someone will steal
them. uhh......these are penny ante items, not forged rims, or HID
headlights....for goodness sake.

I think you're being a bit of a drama queen on this one.
Old 01-08-2006, 11:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Sean's Sister--
Originally Posted by Gomez153
you guys are nutts they look 10 times better then 00+ and its not like your gonna go bangin in to stuff with them ...there cheap and give it a good look

also add some 20in spinners and your set!!!

ahahahah
Old 01-09-2006, 07:58 PM

97 e320
and then take pics and tease everyone with your boring projects ..aahhaaaha

Last edited by Gomez153; 01-09-2006 at 08:01 PM.
Old 01-09-2006, 10:30 PM

who has boring projects?
Old 01-09-2006, 10:47 PM

Cool Mirrors

Yeah... $2200.00 worth of drama queen. A friend of mine has had two pair stolen. They break off the whole mirror usually scratching and denting the doors. That is the facts.
Old 01-09-2006, 10:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Sean's Sister--
Yeah... $2200.00 worth of drama queen. A friend of mine has had two pair stolen. They break off the whole mirror usually scratching and denting the doors. That is the facts.
a lot of people have mods done........just need to be carefull where you park and where you go. i've seen the hood emblem get jacked too.....

you shouldn't let a few stupids punks stop you from fixing up your car
Old 01-09-2006, 11:01 PM

mirrors

Yeah... $2200.00 worth of drama queen. That is the cost of replacement after they rip them off of your car. I have the reciepts to prove it ...but I don't have to. Check with your friendly MB dealer.
Old 01-09-2006, 11:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

99 E320
okay i understand better. the original poster was referencing Taiwan
mirror covers. your son's situation as you describe is different....and
the details which you're now trickling in were absent in your earlier post...
still not quite appropos, but ah gets yer drift.
Old 01-10-2006, 02:25 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Sean's Sister--
boring???? ahaha, ok noob.....

what are your mods on your car?

an oil change sticker in your window...

shhhhhhhhh
Old 01-10-2006, 02:38 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
98 W210 Advantgarde
To be fair guys, everyone has different tastes. Those mirrors look just like C, CLK and S class wannabes and that could be referred to as "boring" and looking at that site, all their stuff looks plain rice and real poor quality...even their projectors for the W210 look shoddy and fugly compared to the Eagle Eyes - which are already crap....its your money and your car, do what u like with it

Assuming you're not aware of what Alex is doing with his car or what he has done so far, it is definitely not "boring"......the extent and money spent on it is by no means mundane and will definitely "shock" you. And BTW the teasing is really the result of technical difficulties encountered with very innovative ideas and not intended...so back off and enjoy the rest of this forum.
Old 01-10-2006, 03:46 AM

W210 E55
Originally Posted by Whitey
To be fair guys, everyone has different tastes. Those mirrors look just like C, CLK and S class wannabes and that could be referred to as "boring" and looking at that site, all their stuff looks plain rice and real poor quality...even their projectors for the W210 look shoddy and fugly compared to the Eagle Eyes - which are already crap....its your money and your car, do what u like with it

Assuming you're not aware of what Alex is doing with his car or what he has done so far, it is definitely not "boring"......the extent and money spent on it is by no means mundane and will definitely "shock" you. And BTW the teasing is really the result of technical difficulties encountered with very innovative ideas and not intended...so back off and enjoy the rest of this forum.
Although I agree with you by everyone has different tastes. I have to say you do not have the rights to tell somebody to back off............ Take it easy and be nice!
Old 01-10-2006, 04:30 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

98 W210 Advantgarde
Originally Posted by W210 E55
Although I agree with you by everyone has different tastes. I have to say you do not have the rights to tell somebody to back off............ Take it easy and be nice!
I think u need to read the threads properly - which I'm sure you'll learn over time....If I was not trying to be nice, I would have told him to pi$$ off...some of the comments used here have been far more intimidating and offensive than mine. In case u didn't notice, I was trying to put an end to this bickering....

In the same light, who are you to tell me I don't have the rights to tell someone to back off anyway?

This forum has never been this abusive until so many newbies started to come on, that is probably why so many old timers don't come here anymore...losing a lot of useful experience and knowledge, sad.................
Old 01-10-2006, 04:58 AM

W210 E55
Originally Posted by Whitey
I think u need to read the threads properly - which I'm sure you'll learn over time....If I was not trying to be nice, I would have told him to pi$$ off...some of the comments used here have been far more intimidating and offensive than mine. In case u didn't notice, I was trying to put an end to this bickering....

In the same light, who are you to tell me I don't have the rights to tell someone to back off anyway?

This forum has never been this abusive until so many newbies started to come on, that is probably why so many old timers don't come here anymore...losing a lot of useful experience and knowledge, sad.................
Seems you have a bad attitude! Telling people to back off is impolite and telling people to pi$$ off is even worse.

It's just so sad that this forum has someone like you. Insulting people and tell others to back off or leave. May I ask you a question. Is this forum yours? This is a public place and people should behave themselves and respect others.

Wow, what is the difference between a newbie to the forum and an old timer like you? Is there any differences in position in this forum? Is an old timer entitled to more rights like telling new memebers to back off blah blah blah?

Last edited by W210 E55; 01-10-2006 at 05:03 AM.
Old 01-10-2006, 05:49 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

98 W210 Advantgarde
Seems you have a bad attitude! Telling people to back off is impolite and telling people to pi$$ off is even worse.

It's just so sad that this forum has someone like you. Insulting people and tell others to back off or leave. May I ask you a question. Is this forum yours? This is a public place and people should behave themselves and respect others.

Wow, what is the difference between a newbie to the forum and an old timer like you? Is there any differences in position in this forum? Is an old timer entitled to more rights like telling new memebers to back off blah blah blah?

Grow up clown!
Old 01-10-2006, 07:34 AM

97 e320
lol damn you guys cant take a joke !!!!! arent we supposed to be boys on here posting back and forth we kind of become like the guys at the lunch table like back in the day in school or the locker room but i guess not..no offense to anybody but my e320 is my second car its old ,inexpensive and quite embarassing if thats what i was concentrating on as a project.yeah they look nice but **** i could dump 20 g's in to these 10 g's cars and what look cool at the car come on bro..these are the mbz anyone can have or mod (LOL) that cat with all the post and still acting like a noob thats even more funny internet tuff guys lol
Old 01-10-2006, 07:50 AM

Mercedes W210 E280

Buddy...you need to read the threads carefully and conscientiously before you mouth out like that. He didn't tell anyone to pi$$ off.

We all have rights to put in what we think and feel in this forum. whether you like it or not, you can choose to ignore it if it doesn't tickle your fancy. If anyones been out of line, I'm sure the Moderator's will know how to do their job.

And looking at the no. of times you've posted here, i think you'll need to scan through the forum and see how the forum works before you shoot off your mouth next time and telling people that they have a bad attitude.

Last edited by carlsson9; 01-10-2006 at 07:57 AM.
Old 01-10-2006, 08:43 AM

W210 E55
lol damn you guys cant take a joke !!!!! arent we supposed to be boys on here posting back and forth we kind of become like the guys at the lunch table like back in the day in school or the locker room but i guess not..no offense to anybody but my e320 is my second car its old ,inexpensive and quite embarassing if thats what i was concentrating on as a project.yeah they look nice but **** i could dump 20 g's in to these 10 g's cars and what look cool at the car come on bro..these are the mbz anyone can have or mod (LOL) that cat with all the post and still acting like a noob thats even more funny internet tuff guys lol
I know it was a joke obviously but seems someone just can't take it

[quote]Grow up clown![quote]

Son, I don't even want to go there, you know what I mean.

[quote]Buddy...you need to read the threads carefully and conscientiously before you mouth out like that. He didn't tell anyone to pi$$ off.

We all have rights to put in what we think and feel in this forum. whether you like it or not, you can choose to ignore it if it doesn't tickle your fancy. If anyones been out of line, I'm sure the Moderator's will know how to do their job.

And looking at the no. of times you've posted here, i think you'll need to scan through the forum and see how the forum works before you shoot off your mouth next time and telling people that they have a bad attitude.[quote]

You also should read my post carefully. I said "Telling people to back off is impolite and telling people to pi$$ off is even worse" It means it's impolite that he tells someone to backoff and it WILL (not happened luckily) be even worst to tell others to pi$$ off.

That's the problem I wanted to point out. Old timers always stereotype on new comers. What ashame! I think new comers should be more welcomed and encouraged to input more knowledge. You have to understand that "there will be no old timers if there ain't any new comers coming in" Yeah, you have more posts than I do, you win, whatever!

Last edited by W210 E55; 01-10-2006 at 08:45 AM.
Old 01-10-2006, 08:51 AM

Mercedes W210 E280
[QUOTE=W210 E55]

I think new comers should be more welcomed and encouraged to input more knowledge.

You said it....

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Anyone have this??