MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   E-Class (W210) (https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-w210-2/)
-   -   Purple Light bulbs for headlights (https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-w210/294572-purple-light-bulbs-headlights.html)

Javys21 04-25-2009 10:57 PM

Purple Light bulbs for headlights

Does anyone knows what brand can I use without burning the cables and melting the socket???? It happen to me on my previous car not fun at all..:nix:

The Godfather 04-25-2009 11:56 PM

That's what happens once a car model becomes affordable to everyone. IT ultimately includes people who have no idea wtf they are doing with their cars.

You want purple bulbs? WTF are you trying to do: not see **** at night?

Semikolon 04-26-2009 04:44 AM

just drop it. not a good idea at all

I guess you mean retofitted xenon, that is illegal and I will have to smash your headlights if you install that in your halogen housings.

socalsounds 04-26-2009 12:18 PM

With all due respect, you may or may not know this- and please understand that it is not a class issue, a where-you-live issue, or anything else like that. But, this is not a car that you want to do Kragen-type mods like that to- You will be the subject of ridicule from nearly all MB drivers, and, well, laughed at. Pretty much any Mercedes-Benz automobile responds well to slight, factory-oriented modifications, but not to the type of things that the annoying kid down the street does to his 1991 Honda CRX with a stainless steel wing and a trash barrel for a muffler. Good luck!

ohlord 04-26-2009 12:49 PM

Finally

the day has arrived when all the world is right and at peace:rolf:
All you guys are dead on.
If he insists on pink or purple,someone may have the set of 22's rrims he is looking forward to spending the money on.:y
:bow:

tirona 04-26-2009 02:49 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Javys21 (Post 3488644)
Does anyone knows what brand can I use without burning the cables and melting the socket???? It happen to me on my previous car not fun at all..:nix:

who are you.... prince?

AMGfan 04-26-2009 02:59 PM

:rolf::rolf::rolf:

+Infinity...liked the other guys said...leave well enough alone. But it is your money, so go ahead if you want but I think you need to run the wiring parallel to the underbody glow kit that you will need to complete the effect. Also, purple interior bulbs may help to get a cohesive purple haze.

ejsheltra 04-26-2009 10:02 PM

Ah!!! Purple haze and how it does bring back such a fine smoke :p:. Bring on da bulbs but make that deep deep purple for that stealthy look. And don't forget to keep your eyes closed at night because you won't see s### anyway :crazy:.

Figuero 04-27-2009 11:28 AM

Why stop at purple?.....go pink..... or all the way and put in some red headlights. It really freaks the tailgaters....especially in the fog.

raymond g- 04-27-2009 12:57 PM

you guys are harsh! any thoughts of my asking you for your thoughts about
changing out my headliner to lavender crushed velour, well, i'll just keep to
myself now.

socalsounds 04-27-2009 01:51 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Fine. I'll admit it- I re-did the interior over the weekend. I even bought a vintage Impala badge to make it exxxxxtra sick. What do you guys think?

Figuero 04-27-2009 05:52 PM

Wait a second, a 1959 Impala with three on the tree AND four on the floor???

illest 04-27-2009 07:11 PM

Originally Posted by Figuero (Post 3491534)
Wait a second, a 1959 Impala with three on the tree AND four on the floor???

its a 7 speed

Javys21 04-29-2009 08:17 PM

S... it was just a simple question. Nevermind the question!!!

j944 04-29-2009 09:51 PM

Ouch

But, It seems we have a young Tommygun in the making

AMGfan 04-29-2009 10:02 PM

Originally Posted by Javys21 (Post 3495944)
S... it was just a simple question. Nevermind the question!!!

Easy kid...this is the internet. You need to grow some thicker skin. Unfortunately the majority of forum members tend to lean away from the "fast and furious" and as much as I hate to say it...putting purple lights into your headlights falls into that category.

Just brush it off and keep your ride clean and sharp. You will get great input from folks around here...you just need to know the audience you are in front of... You can get your questions answered about the purple lights in other like minded forums.

I'd recommend you get HID conversion kit for your headlights if they exist or get brighter/whiter bulb replacements...you can look on sylvania.com or piaa website for replacement bulbs.

Good luck.

Semikolon 04-30-2009 01:17 PM

I'd recommend you shut the hell up if you recommend a hid conversion kit. It's annoying, it's dangerous, it's illegal

AMGfan 04-30-2009 02:52 PM

Originally Posted by Semikolon (Post 3497383)
I'd recommend you shut the hell up if you recommend a hid conversion kit. It's annoying, it's dangerous, it's illegal

If it is illegal, then I stand corrected.

Swauve 04-30-2009 03:10 PM

Maybe in Norway gas hole. Not in the States.

Annoying, dangerous, and illegal, you sound like a playa hater. Thats what we want our cars to be, envyed, fast, powerful, and modded to perfection (what the police do not like, hints: illegal)! Do you even have police over there or are they minor leaguers like the British?

tirona 04-30-2009 05:24 PM

Originally Posted by Swauve (Post 3497641)
Do you even have police over there or are they minor leaguers like the British?

i;m guessing you have never lived in england, or outside of the states.

paqueras 04-30-2009 05:30 PM

IMO Hid Conversion Kit is the way to go!
Just remember to buy H7 8000K (Whiter and for better night vision) for the driving lights and H6W (Leds) for the small Bulbs. (Please dont go purple..White is better, cleaner and not RICER)

**The HID is illegal in Norway? Why?
Its about the color (Kelvin Temp)? or maybe because all the norwegians have their brains frozen?

tirona 04-30-2009 06:41 PM

[QUOTE=paqueras;3497950]IMO Hid Conversion Kit is the way to go!
Just remember to buy H7 8000K (Whiter and for better night vision) for the driving lights and H6W (Leds) for the small Bulbs. (Please dont go purple..White is better, cleaner and not RICER)

no, because you blind the people in front of you. and yes, it is RICER. and it also illegal in some us states and highways.

tirona 04-30-2009 06:42 PM

**The HID is illegal in Norway? Why?
Its about the color (Kelvin Temp)? or maybe because all the norwegians have their brains frozen?[/QUOTE]

it is illegal in norway and rest of europe (rest of world too probably) because they are smarter than you. go visit norway and check it out yourself.

illest 04-30-2009 07:51 PM

8000k is not whiter. the best hid to would be 4300k. 8000k puts out less light.

raymond g- 04-30-2009 08:17 PM

HID kits and retrofits are illegal for street use in the US. not approved by
DOT and NHTSA unless installed as OEM. this is true in nearly all countries
with established transportation regs/laws.