MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   E-Class (W210) (https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-w210-2/)
-   -   Looking at a 2000 E430 sport (https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-w210/311766-looking-2000-e430-sport.html)

duct tape 08-11-2009 05:42 PM

Looking at a 2000 E430 sport

Hi All,

This is my first post but hopefully not my last. Searched already but could not find what I was looking for in terms of maintenance check list.

I'm looking at a 2000 E430 Sport Silver/Grey with 120K on it. Does anyone have a list of maintenance items that should have been or should be addressed? I would like to know what to look for when I'm looking at the maintence records for the car. Pre purchase inspection would be done as well.

This is my neighbors car and he has it listed for 9K. I hoping to pick it up for 7K.

Kieran28 08-11-2009 06:13 PM

You might try reading this thread.

fosmith 08-11-2009 07:58 PM

Originally Posted by duct tape (Post 3665175)
Hi All,

This is my first post but hopefully not my last. Searched already but could not find what I was looking for in terms of maintenance check list.

I'm looking at a 2000 E430 Sport Silver/Grey with 120K on it. Does anyone have a list of maintenance items that should have been or should be addressed? I would like to know what to look for when I'm looking at the maintence records for the car. Pre purchase inspection would be done as well.

This is my neighbors car and he has it listed for 9K. I hoping to pick it up for 7K.

$7000 sounds about right since you'll probably have to spend some money on it. If it's had EVERYTHING done such as cats and o2 sensors, spark plugs, and all maintenance done including several tranny drains and needs nothing (verified by PPI), you might be justified to pay more.

Fred

Hirnbeiss 08-11-2009 10:55 PM

Valve cover vents, motor mounts, fan clutch, headliner fabric, AC leaks, flex discs, CPS sensor, brake switch, in addition to the other items. 120K is where my '99 is and it seems to be a good time for things to start breaking.

C280 Sport 08-12-2009 12:55 AM

The W210 is a very very nice car. Some issues can occure just like any other car. Inspect it at a shop before the purchase otherwise you might get screwed on the deal. For me on our E320 the only issues we have had are the BAS/ESP Light and the ABS light they keep comming on. Very stupid little issue. Other then that it is a solid car and I really enjoy driving it. Not really anything bad I can say about it except maybe that there is a weird kind of kickdown on the car.

duct tape 08-12-2009 01:47 AM

Originally Posted by Hirnbeiss (Post 3665563)
Valve cover vents, motor mounts, fan clutch, headliner fabric, AC leaks, flex discs, CPS sensor, brake switch, in addition to the other items. 120K is where my '99 is and it seems to be a good time for things to start breaking.

Sounds like my 97 m3. Replace every bushings, motor and tranny mounts coolant system, suspension after I purchased the car with 130K on it. It currently has 150K and running stong. I was hoping not to repeat what I went through with my m3. Though I enjoyed the DIY, the cost of the parts are adding up. Hopefully the maintenance records will show some of most of the stuff already replaced.