E-Class (W210) 1995-2002: E 200, E 220D, E 240, E 290TD, E 300TD, E 200, E 240, E 280, E 320, E 420, E 430 (Wagon, Touring, 4Matic)

w210 unresponsive central locking system

Old 08-06-2022, 11:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
w210 e230
w210 unresponsive central locking system

the car wont lock and unlock. the lights are working and everything tho. if i press the lock button on my key it wont do nothing to my locks but the car wont start if i try to start it , i would have to click the button again to do so .

what do u think is the problem ?
could it be the vacuum pump was shorted from water intrusion ? if so how can i fix it asap

thanks guys !
Old 08-08-2022, 01:03 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 164 Likes on 149 Posts
99 E320
If water has contaminated the electrical parts under the rear seat, you can be lucky and a relatively simply drying out will do the trick. But generally, you will need to spend hours...days reviewing every singe part and mechanically clean and dry the contacts, spray contact cleaner and dry, test the contacts for continuity, disassemble the PSE pump and chemically and mechanically clean every part and again, air dry with forced air and/or desiccant. It is a labor intensive process where you must be thorough. There is no easy fix .... unless you are lucky like winning a small lottery. This isn't an easy keyboard, internet fix.

You can read through some of these experiences from others on this forum and Benzworld by searching the threads e.g. water intrusion, etc

If you have more money than time, let the dealer or independent with a diagnostic tool interrogate the sensors in hopes that it may reveal potential fault codes to narrow down for you.