E-Class (W210) 1995-2002: E 200, E 220D, E 240, E 290TD, E 300TD, E 200, E 240, E 280, E 320, E 420, E 430 (Wagon, Touring, 4Matic)

Engine oil pan raisers + other fun stuff

Old 09-08-2023, 01:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2000 W210
Engine oil pan raisers + other fun stuff

whats up, i have a 2000 210 and im havin trouble, thats an understatement, i live in california and my car is on the ground (static), and im having a few problems, 1st i need to know if there is anyone out there that has raised their oil pan on there car or any 23 y/o mercedes and what they used and how they did it, i need it bad, 2nd i bought some ssr viennas a few months back and i had already bought the 5x114 conversion spacers which are gigantic, anyways i put the spacers on and the wheels put the car down put it in reverse and heard *clink clink clink* basically an automatic WTF i stopped the car, come to find out i was either hitting the e brake or something inside the rotor i shortened the lugs and got 5 ml spacers and i was good, now about a week ago it just got worse, something is eating the lugs inside the rotor and making everything in the rear of the car bouncy and out of control when i reach like 60 mph, my axles are strong dif is strong but now the wheel is wobbly and its only the driver rear side which pisses me off even more… so yeah i know not a lot of people help with this kinda stuff but if anybody out there can help me out im all ears, my insta is @noostyler and i will probably be back on here if someone replies.
Old 09-11-2023, 05:46 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 1,019 Likes on 947 Posts
1999 E300TD
someone move this post to the humpty dumpty section
Old 09-11-2023, 05:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2000 W210
Originally Posted by Plutoe
someone move this post to the humpty dumpty section
lol im probably the lowest car on this site get smoked
Old 09-12-2023, 10:18 PM

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
2000 E320
I've worked on lots of Domestic V-8 (mostly Chevy and Ford, but occasional Mopar and some other funky V-8), Kawasaki motorcycle ( which means helped friends with different brand bikes. Yeah, worked on new and old Ducati as well) and some ricer (Not mine, Friends. I refuse(d) to drive anything other than V-8. E320 is my wife's car) in the past. Never heard of raising the oil pan. Have you ever heard of dry-sump? Only way I know if you have ground clearance problem.

Your second question. If you have to ask that kind of question and don't know how or where to look for what's wrong, take it to professional and get it done right. Suspension, among other thing is not something you can leave it until things settle down. When it does, something is usually broken. And from what you have told us, seems as you didn't even measure the spacer/lug bolt. Something bounce at the rear. There's only two things that will make the car bounce. Shocks or spring. If you lost a spring, your car usually sits lower as nothing is holding the weight of the car. But it will make it bouncy as nothing is holding the car up. If you lost a shock, car just bounce and bounce as nothing is dampening the movement.

Either way, take it to professional.