MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   E-Class (W210) (https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-w210-2/)
-   -   E320 brake booster vacuum from intake mani (https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-w210/558198-e320-brake-booster-vacuum-intake-mani.html)

marc lenssen 09-30-2014 08:35 AM

E320 brake booster vacuum from intake mani

Hello All,

I have seen this topic a few times but can still not find the answer.
The brake booster gets its vacuum from the back of the intake manifold. There is a hard vacuum line between both. On the intake side the line is stuck into a grommet that has 3 replaceable bits:

https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...37577a9a35.jpg

The middle part (17) looks to be the wrong way round in the pic but ok. When I took out my parts the one thing I can not see is the rubber ring (partnr 11). I have all 3 parts new but do not understand where the rubber seal comes??? Do I slideit over part 17 so it forms a seal to the grommet that is fixed to the manifold? Or do I somehow stick it in the manifold so that the pipe (nr 62) slides into it and seals????
\Thanks,
Marc

marc lenssen 09-30-2014 11:47 AM

Right, must be my lucky day. :nix:

I removed the hose and the old clamps. Could not find the rubber seal ring anywhere. So I tried to put the seal ring around the clamp so it would seal between intake and clamp ring. So part 11 on part 17. Part 17 goes into the manifold the other way then in the drawing so the seal ring would be between part 17 and the manifold. All nice and clean. Put back the vacuum hose till it clicked and moved part23 into place to lock the whole thing up. Still a bit of a stumble in the idle...

Back to google, and low and behold I found a description of what I should have done, put in the seal ring first, then put the lock bit in and then put the vacuum hose in. So the sealring (part11) goes into the manifold and is locked in place by part 17. I assume the seal ring seals the vacuum hose in the manifold.
Ok I thought, let's take my parts back out and do it the correct way. Now there is no way that I can get the vacuum hose out of lock ring 17 anymore..... GGGGGRRRRRRRR!!!!:smash: I have pulled with quite a bit of force and if I pull any harder I will actually break something. Maybe the sealring between part 17 and the manifold puts too much pressure on the lockring (17) so it won't release the vacuum hose.... so..... new parts but not much further then I was this morning.... sigh..

SerbNerd 10-10-2014 09:57 AM

Might be too late but when I did my brake booster vacuum hose, I sat there trying to pull and yank etc. In the end I figured that it's a two hand job where you squeeze the clips (port on manifold) and simply pull the hose out.

Not sure if thats what you looking for? I felt dumb after the hose came out no problem. Some of the toughest stuff on our cars is figuring out how the clips work!

Originally Posted by marc lenssen (Post 6183100)
Right, must be my lucky day. :nix:

I removed the hose and the old clamps. Could not find the rubber seal ring anywhere. So I tried to put the seal ring around the clamp so it would seal between intake and clamp ring. So part 11 on part 17. Part 17 goes into the manifold the other way then in the drawing so the seal ring would be between part 17 and the manifold. All nice and clean. Put back the vacuum hose till it clicked and moved part23 into place to lock the whole thing up. Still a bit of a stumble in the idle...

Back to google, and low and behold I found a description of what I should have done, put in the seal ring first, then put the lock bit in and then put the vacuum hose in. So the sealring (part11) goes into the manifold and is locked in place by part 17. I assume the seal ring seals the vacuum hose in the manifold.
Ok I thought, let's take my parts back out and do it the correct way. Now there is no way that I can get the vacuum hose out of lock ring 17 anymore..... GGGGGRRRRRRRR!!!!:smash: I have pulled with quite a bit of force and if I pull any harder I will actually break something. Maybe the sealring between part 17 and the manifold puts too much pressure on the lockring (17) so it won't release the vacuum hose.... so..... new parts but not much further then I was this morning.... sigh..

marc lenssen 10-11-2014 05:38 PM

Figured it out. Since I had put the seal ring between the engine and the little red pick ring.... This little red bugger could not be pushed into the engine deep enough to release the hose. So I cut out the rubber washer, pushed in the red thingy and the hose came out. Ordered a new rubber seal ring, pushed it into the opening untill it fit into a groove and mounted the rest back in. Nice fit and no more loose vacuum hose. Still had a wobbly idle to also checked the big seal ring between the air intake and the throttle body, felt a bit loose and brittle so changed that one out as well, nice tight fit. Slowly taking out possible air leaks. Still a wobbly idle so renewed |MAF and front 02 sensors (decent Bosch parts). Runs fine but still some shaky idle and the day after renewing I egt error codes on the sensors, both claim issues with the sensor pre heating. I would be suprised if I bought 2 busted original Bosch sensors.... The first CEL on the sensors came accompanied by codes on the MAF and the air intake temp..... cleared them all, MAF did not come back but the CEL did with the 2 O2 sensor codes. Cleared them again, no more CEL but the codees came back.... I'll try it for a few days and then see if the codes still come back, no idea where to go from here. Idle feels as if there are small misfires but all plugs look clean and not 1 of them has a different colour than the others, short term fuel trom hovers around 0 and Lambda value jumps between 0,120 and 0,650..... I have renewed the spark plugs already somaybe it is time for the leads...

marc lenssen 10-12-2014 05:51 AM

I now see that the left and right front o2 sensors have different partnumbers. And for the purposes of heating they act as one. I have axchanged them to identical sensors. Now reading the product description on the site where I ordered them they are advertised as fitting to the right side exhaust. Maybe the new sensor is therefore not correct for the left side exhaust, would be strange but there must be a reason for the original ones have different part numbers. I'll put the old sensor back to the left pipe and see if the heating code comes back up or not.

enrikerace 05-12-2015 05:19 PM

Your idle problem was solved? i have a similar issue with mine...

Paulcomi 04-28-2019 12:27 PM

A video of things like this this would be so helpful

Originally Posted by SerbNerd (Post 6193482)
Might be too late but when I did my brake booster vacuum hose, I sat there trying to pull and yank etc. In the end I figured that it's a two hand job where you squeeze the clips (port on manifold) and simply pull the hose out.

Not sure if thats what you looking for? I felt dumb after the hose came out no problem. Some of the toughest stuff on our cars is figuring out how the clips work!

Dejandro 05-08-2019 12:49 AM

Part 62

Originally Posted by marc lenssen (Post 6182928)
Hello All,

I have seen this topic a few times but can still not find the answer.
The brake booster gets its vacuum from the back of the intake manifold. There is a hard vacuum line between both. On the intake side the line is stuck into a grommet that has 3 replaceable bits:

https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...37577a9a35.jpg

The middle part (17) looks to be the wrong way round in the pic but ok. When I took out my parts the one thing I can not see is the rubber ring (partnr 11). I have all 3 parts new but do not understand where the rubber seal comes??? Do I slideit over part 17 so it forms a seal to the grommet that is fixed to the manifold? Or do I somehow stick it in the manifold so that the pipe (nr 62) slides into it and seals????
\Thanks,
Marc

What’s the name of part 62

Paulcomi 05-08-2019 12:55 AM

Originally Posted by Dejandro (Post 7750697)
What’s the name of part 62

Do you have the part numbers for those three pieces that make that grommet connection at the intake manifold I can’t seem to find those part numbers so I can order them.

MBZcsade 04-09-2022 03:05 PM

I am looking for a brake booster vacuum line for w211 E63. They discontinued this part so been a hassle to find out new or used