E-Class (W210) 1995-2002: E 200, E 220D, E 240, E 290TD, E 300TD, E 200, E 240, E 280, E 320, E 420, E 430 (Wagon, Touring, 4Matic)

2001 E320 automatic door locks, interior lights, truck release not working

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-04-2016, 10:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
e320 and e420
2001 E320 automatic door locks, interior lights, truck release not working

Hi everyone,

My automatic doors locks, truck release,and interior lights stop working all of a sudden. I have been using the small silver key to open the driver doors and the trunk. My alarm still works if I open the door with small key before pressing the alarm on my remote. My interior lights won't come on when the door opens unless I manually turn them on. I was told that it could possibly be the PSE pump. Any thoughts/suggestions? Thanks!
Old 04-05-2016, 05:41 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 1,019 Likes on 947 Posts
1999 E300TD
Before you jump to that bit of misinformation---when you open the an unlocked door---the door contact switch tells everyone I am opened--then the overhead\rear and dash etc turn on--are you saying that does not happen??

And are you saying that with good key fob batteries that you can't open or lock the doors bla bla??
Old 04-06-2016, 09:07 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
01 E320
First I would check all the fuses. There are multiple fuses that feed various components of the PSE. Some are under the back seat in the fuse block next to the PSE and some are under the hood. Also check that the foamy material that the PSE is wrapped in isn't wet. If liquid spilled on the passenger side of the back seat and soaked at material, it could have damaged the pump. That has happened to some members. Mine fried from getting wet during hurricane Sandy. I replaced my PSE with a used pump from eBay.
Old 07-15-2016, 06:28 AM

W208 2000 Clk 320 cabriolet
After pse pump you replace then.. ?

When your pse air vacuum pump quit working and you got a used one via eBay. Did you get the same exact version pump like did all your number match + did you have to do anything after the install. I took mine out. Then my alarm quit working after unplugging the pse pump unit, it was already broken/not engaging the PSE motor ( just click once ). maybe it let out whatever air was still in some of the air lines or back up reservoir. ? Hope I dont need to pay to get it flashed to cars CPU. since its used ebay item I wont know if it works until I get it to work or it fails.
Old 07-18-2016, 10:28 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
01 E320
Originally Posted by Nw208clk32
When your pse air vacuum pump quit working and you got a used one via eBay. Did you get the same exact version pump like did all your number match + did you have to do anything after the install. I took mine out. Then my alarm quit working after unplugging the pse pump unit, it was already broken/not engaging the PSE motor ( just click once ). maybe it let out whatever air was still in some of the air lines or back up reservoir. ? Hope I dont need to pay to get it flashed to cars CPU. since its used ebay item I wont know if it works until I get it to work or it fails.
I bought a used pump with exact same part number. I did nothing after nstalling it. Everything just worked. My rear interior lights hadn't been working before for a long time. Also my car never locked when I started driving with the old pump since I owned it. I didn't know we even had that feature.

My failure was caused by water penetration from hurricane Sandy. Afterwards I had intermittent locking problems and inability to open my trunk without disconnecting the power from the PSE to reset the pump. After reset, I would be able to open trunk for a day or two, then it would fail. I lived with these conditions until my daughter got a flat on the NJ turnpike and the AAA tech couldn't open the trunk to get the tire out. Embarrassing. After that I went on a mission to find the part on eBay. Found it, sliced in all the wires and installed it, connected the battery, closed my eyes and hit the trunk button on the remote and Click! I was dancing

Last edited by 01BlackE320; 07-18-2016 at 10:30 PM.
Old 04-19-2017, 01:57 PM

2001 s500 with amg factory sport package (black)
Yes. I have also replaced it. I tested my and the replacement valve on the bench. Same issue same code.