E-Class (W210) 1995-2002: E 200, E 220D, E 240, E 290TD, E 300TD, E 200, E 240, E 280, E 320, E 420, E 430 (Wagon, Touring, 4Matic)

*AM / FM ANTENNA* 2001 E320 Wagon

Old 12-06-2017, 03:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2001 E320 Wagon 4matic (W210)
*AM / FM ANTENNA* 2001 E320 Wagon

Hey Everyone,

I have a 2001 E320 wagon and am trying to "upgrade" the FM antenna. The "on window" one provides terrible reception.

I found where the antenna BOOSTER / JUNCTION BOX is near the top of the C-Pillar. Looking at the connectors, I am a little confused which one I need to attach to an antenna I want to add. So you are all familiar with what I am referring to, here's a link to it on eBay:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/98-02-MERCE...torefresh=true

I've also attached a picture of the device in case the link doesn't work for some reason.

Basically I just want to add an FM antenna or booster like this:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Windshi...!US!-1&vxp=mtr

...to get better FM reception.

On the booster / junction box are 4 connections. On the top is the input that goes to the wire antenna on the glass. The other 3 are located on the side. I am trying to figure out what each connection is for. Basically I just want to hook up some kind of external antenna. If I can figure out what type of connectors those are on the side where there are 3, I can presumably just get an adapter for a "standard" FM antenna and attach it onto the wire that goes to the radio.

Can anyone out there tell me if I'm on the right track with what I am trying to do? And does anyone know what the connectors are for on that booster on the side w/ three connectors?

I already attempted to pull the radio out to just see if it would have been easier to attach an antenna DIRECTLY to the back of the radio...but it seems that the clips that hold the radio in are broken as the "key" didn't grab anything. Granted they were off-brand from Amazon.

At some point I'd like to replace the radio / GPS command that's currently installed. But for now I really just want better FM reception.

Thanks in advance for your time and help!