E-Class (W210) 1995-2002: E 200, E 220D, E 240, E 290TD, E 300TD, E 200, E 240, E 280, E 320, E 420, E 430 (Wagon, Touring, 4Matic)

Mercedes E240 Engineswap.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-25-2018, 12:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2000 E240 Avantgarde
Mercedes E240 Engineswap.

Hello everyone! Greetings from Norway, so I will start with apologizing for mye english

​​​​​​I have been looking at this forum for a good while (about two years I guess, sine my first Mercedes. Now I got an E240 Avantgarde. 2000 Facelift. I've had a bit oil consumption and white smoke. Now with about 20 celsius I havent seen any but inn the autumn/winter/spring with temperature between -25 and 10. There was quite a bit smoke (which is normal with the cold temperatures) but egen I gave full throttle (engine hot) there were som much smoke that I could'nt see anything behind me.

I think the problem might be the return chanel for the oil to enter the oilpan again. I got the timing chain noise and a little tick sound from the engine. It almost got 300k kms on it. So I bought an E320 Elegance, also 2000 Facelift. That I bought to tale the engine. I payed the price scrapyards pay so om teory the engine was free since I got the money "back" when I delivered it to the scrapyard.

So my big question is. Right now I have taken the engine completly in parts for restoration. I wonder if there is something I should do or check when I have it in parts. And if ifis prodject is as "simple" as it seems with just flashing the ECU. Mercedes dealer where I live said they could perform this tune but they were'nt sure about if it was just that since they hadde never done it. But they could do the flashing.

So after much reading online I want to target this swap and figure out all info I can get, and even share how it turns out!

-Cronzy
Old 06-25-2018, 04:04 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 1,019 Likes on 947 Posts
1999 E300TD
You are correct, hard to follow your thought process, maybe we need help from sausage *****, never the less, this response is based upon your ability to confirm that in fact all the engine wiring is compatible with the existing harness--------also to save you loads of time with his summer project make sure you swap all the drive authorization control modules or the car will never start regardless of being flashed or not-----then all those modules have to be virginized and then flashed with the data and the correct VIN-----I doubt the dealer will be able to accomplish that unless you purchase new control modules from them, because they are absent of all data(the CFF file) and will accept flashing-------good luck and I cant wait for sausage ***** to add constructively to your post.
Old 06-26-2018, 10:05 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,730 Likes on 1,380 Posts
1922 Ford Model T / no OBD
I know only 1 person in US, who could answer such question and 1 more who might.
But they got discouraged from posting on this forum by Florida clown. So PM me for contacts.
That said, I know that European servismen provide quite different level of service.
When XDOS/DAS/Vediamo owners in US don't even know where their wastegate is, seem in Europe almost every village blacksmith has some kind of SD clone. Check your local indies beside the dealer. Sometimes you get lucky when young mechanic take his time to educate himself on computers.
The following users liked this post:
FlatlineEF9 (06-26-2018)
Old 06-26-2018, 12:30 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 1,019 Likes on 947 Posts
1999 E300TD
That could be him!