MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   E-Class (W210) (https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-w210-2/)
-   -   How do you remove the rear seat? (https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-w210/99232-how-do-you-remove-rear-seat.html)

E55Cent 02-22-2005 02:23 PM

How do you remove the rear seat?

I have a rattle in the rear deck lid by the speakers, that wont go away. I need to take some time and make sure everthing is tight. My main problem is removeing the rear seat. I have removed the bottom part before when I connected my amp to the cars battery. Does anyone have any pointers or diagrams?
Thanks
Mario

zam2000 02-22-2005 08:52 PM

For the bench, just pull the to little fob (one on each side of the seat), and pull the seat up. Once it's up, you'll see couple screws, untight them. Remove the headrest by pulling them straight up, then you can take out the back rest as well.

Originally Posted by E55Cent
I have a rattle in the rear deck lid by the speakers, that wont go away. I need to take some time and make sure everthing is tight. My main problem is removeing the rear seat. I have removed the bottom part before when I connected my amp to the cars battery. Does anyone have any pointers or diagrams?
Thanks
Mario

michakaveli 02-23-2005 01:59 PM

The rattle might actually be one of the stock subwoofers in the rear deck. Do you hear the rattle with the radio off?

E55Cent 02-23-2005 06:20 PM

Originally Posted by michakaveli
The rattle might actually be one of the stock subwoofers in the rear deck. Do you hear the rattle with the radio off?

Not sure I will have to check

d2Benz 03-01-2006 10:53 PM

removing the headrest on the back seat...

Originally Posted by zam2000
For the bench, just pull the to little fob (one on each side of the seat), and pull the seat up. Once it's up, you'll see couple screws, untight them. Remove the headrest by pulling them straight up, then you can take out the back rest as well.

I'm in the process of replacing the rear deck tray to 99+ one with the long 3rd brake light as oppose to the cheap looking 3rd brake light for 96-98...
...I'm able to remove the back rest of bench for the rear seat....BTW mine has 3 screws 1 on each end and another 1 in the middle, just below the first aid kit.

My Question is, How do I remove the headrest...I remove the series of screws..and the headrest didn't come out....
Has anyone done this before....I know few peeps have replaced their rear deck tray to the newer look...PLEASE HELP

cheers!

ruffrob 03-02-2006 02:18 PM

D2Benz,i wanted to upgrade to the longer third brake light as well,since i'm upgrading my tail lights to the newer LED type. My question to you is where did you get the rear shelf from? Please reply or PM me...Thanks

d2Benz 03-02-2006 06:42 PM

Ruffrob,
Believe it OR not I got it from a scrap yard (junk yard) in Atlanta and had it shipped to MD. Its been a long road for me....I call around to different junk yard s occasionally and one junk yard place did a search on their network and found it in ATL......next 4 me is the 2000+ rear bumper...I've been looking for about 2 months seriously..

PLEASE HELP!!! on how to remove the head rest.....

cheers!!!

SpaceCity E 430 03-20-2006 02:08 AM

E55 cent, did you fix your rattle? I'm having a problem with a rattle from the rear deck and I can't figure out where it is. It's driving me crazy.

Thanks.

ruffrob 03-20-2006 10:34 AM

I'm having a rattle as well,having just installed a pair of JL Audio 12" subwoofers,and an Alpine amp. Please let us know what you've found....Thanks

E55Cent 03-20-2006 11:28 AM

I fixed the rattle a while a go. Most of the noise was coming from the rear sunshade, it was not going down all the way and was a little loose. I also removed all the foam from in the rear deck so I would get more bass into the cab of the car. Since I removed all the insulation, I replaced it with Dynamat to keep all the rattle down to a min. I dynamated the top of the metal deck and the underneath of the deck lid cover.
Now I have much more bass and zero rattles.