E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

MB Changed the Extended Warranty

Old 03-21-2005, 04:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
03 E500
Originally Posted by rusnakmb
NO.

You have option to purchase extend warranty up to 7yr/100k.

original basic warranty is 4yr/50K

+1 years becomes 5 yr/100k

+2 years becomes 6 yr/100k

+3 years becomes 7 yr/100k generally speaking.

The +1, +2 or +3yrs warranty kicks in when ever you original basic warranty expired.

For example:

If you reach 50,001 miles in second years, that means your original basic warranty expired and extend warranty kick in. You have 3 years from that point up to 100,000 miles which ever comes first.

Or if you driven your car for 4 years and only driven 20,000miles. Your extend warranty kick in right after the 4th year is up. The extend warranty kick in when ever your basic warranty expired.

Great info. Thanks.

Extended warranty is necessary for me from the looks of it. The components I am leary of on E500s would be the airmatic suspension, to quote my friend who described the suspension as "sitting on a ballon with sharp objects in the back pocket" is pretty accurate. :v IMO even with the price increase it is still worth getting the extra warranty.
Old 03-22-2005, 04:44 PM

E500
Originally Posted by Barry45RPM
I still believe the audio systems (& Comand?) are specifically NOT included in the original extended warranty.
The extended warranty does cover COMAND and audio system. Also the new pre-own certified car warranty cover audio as well.
Old 03-23-2005, 10:41 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
2015 ML 350
Originally Posted by rusnakmb
The extended warranty does cover COMAND and audio system. Also the new pre-own certified car warranty cover audio as well.
Does the OLD ext warranty cover Comand, or just the New one? ...or Both?
Old 03-23-2005, 02:26 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2003 E320
Quoting my "old" warranty for my 2003 E320, policy issued about August 2004:

Exclusions: The following are not covered by any Mercedes Benz Extended Warranty Agreement:

1. ALL ITEMS NOT SPECIFICALLY IDENTIFIED AS COVERED BY THE MERCEDES-BENZ EXTENED LIMITED WARRANTY AGREEMENT INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO: The Soft top which includes fabric top, headliner, glass; any vehicle paint or trim items, removable cellular telephones, service infrastructure such as, but not limited to, cellular telephone networks, GPS satellite availability, Internet and map data content.
2. Audio systems: Head unit (radio, radio face plate, cassette/AM/FM/Weatherband), speakers, antenna mast, antenna motor and battery, audio amplification system, CD player, CD changer, CD magazines and voice recognition system.
3. NAVIGATION SYSTEMS: CD drive, control module, antenna system and naviagation CD-ROM.
4. INTEGRATED TELEPHONE SUPPORT ELECTRONICS: Portable Support Electronics (PSE), coil cord, hang up cup, linear compensator, antenna and system.
5. OPTICAL NETWORK: Fibers and connectors associated with optical componentry.
6. COMMAND: Control display unit, central processor, steering wheel control system, cassette mechanism, integrated CD drive, integrated Navigation processor, GPS antenna system and navigation CD drive.

It goes on from there. So, without a doubt, the old warranty did not cover any of the things listed above. That includes Command, naviagtion systems, radio, audio systems, cassette, CD, telephones or anything associated with them. I guess you could say all "entertainment electronics" are not covered.

All the capital letters are as shown in the warranty. Not sure why some of them are capitals. Hopefully I have copied it without too many errors.

Last edited by pfphipps; 03-23-2005 at 05:48 PM.
Old 03-23-2005, 02:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
2015 ML 350
Thats what I thought. NOT Covered. Depedning on how often these items fail after the factory warranty is over, and how much it may cost to repair them, AND if the original owner (me) still has the car determines whether the new warranty is actually a better "insurance policy".

If I were buying today, I would opt for the full protection plan, whether or not I was keeping the car past the 4/50 factory warranty period.
Old 03-24-2005, 03:48 PM

none
When I picked up my Sl last night I asked the FI guy about the warranties. He said MB increased the prices by 65%!!! Guess they are trying every way possible to increase their revenue.
Old 03-24-2005, 05:33 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2014 E350S4
So it is the same warranty, just at a higher price? The original extended warranty did cover the same electronics that this marked up one does?
Old 03-24-2005, 05:58 PM

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
'05 E320CDI, 1987 300E, Vanagon Syncro, Turbo Arrow III
It appears that what's covered is an open question. I picked up my E320CDI today from its first (and last) "free" service (oil leaving from sender unit, heat shield rattling against muffler). I asked my sales rep about the extended warranty - He confirmed that the prices went up and said they're arguing with MBUSA about what is and is not covered.

My sense was that some number of electronic accessories could wind up on the "covered" list, but I'm not holding my breath.
Old 03-24-2005, 06:23 PM

2003 E320
Originally Posted by Incendiary
So it is the same warranty, just at a higher price? The original extended warranty did cover the same electronics that this marked up one does?
As you can see in my earlier post, the "old" extended warranty (the one they had for the last few years) does not cover Command, naviagtion systems, radio, audio systems, cassette, CD, telephones or anything associated with them. I have no idea what the "new" one covers but I do know what my paperwork says for an extended warranty issued about nine months ago.
Old 03-24-2005, 09:37 PM

E500
Originally Posted by Barry45RPM
Does the OLD ext warranty cover Comand, or just the New one? ...or Both?
What do you mean by "OLD" ext warranty. New car warranty or Starmark warranty??

The MB Pre-owned warranty does cover head unit, and the new extend warranty covers too.
Old 03-24-2005, 09:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Build date 2-04 E500
When I purchased our extended warranty at the "old" price I was told and have documentation saying that it DOES NOT cover any electronics that is not made by MB... This includes the comand unit and all of its funtions.... Nav, etc.... I'm not sure what the more exspensive "new price" warranty covers, but would make sense if it did cover the electronics as this would justify the price....

rusnakmb.... You sure are clueless for being an employee of MB.... But I guess this is par for most dealerships.
Old 03-24-2005, 10:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Build date 2-04 E500
Proof is in the puddin..... This is only a portion of the 19 line items.... And yes, This is an official MB policy purchased at the dealership at time of delivery.....
Attached Thumbnails MB Changed the Extended Warranty-mvc-029f.jpg  
Old 03-25-2005, 02:45 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
04 E320 4 Matic, 95 Audi S6, 99 Carrera 4 Cabrio, 12 Fiat 500 Sport, 00 BMW R1200C 10, BMW R1200R
I also purchased the extended warranty when I bought the car in August. My exclusions text is exactly what H on a H and pfphipps posted. . .

Rusnakmb, you really need to read what is being written. Otherwise, you are just repeating the same erroneous stuff over and over. I sure hope you did not sell any of these warranties (the old ones) saying what you have been writing on this thread. Otherwise, you might get your a$$ handed to you for not reading the fine print and misrepresentation.

What exactly do you do at the dealership? I would imagine that you would have seen these exclusions on the old warranty if you worked in the sales area. If you bought your warranty (like you say you did) then you obviously did not read the fine print or were misled and you should be aware that you are NOT covered the way you think you are.

Don't get me wrong rusnakmb, I just wanted to point out that you are misinformed and I want you to understand that this is not personal.

"Bless your heart," :v

Steve
Attached Thumbnails MB Changed the Extended Warranty-ex.-warranty-001.jpg  

Last edited by SAguirre; 03-25-2005 at 03:41 AM.