MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
S, GL, Escalade ESV, my shoes
Look familiar ?

The new KIA:

front: look like an E class
rear: look like an S class
Quality: probably not bad, but drive like crap

Can't those Korean manuf design anything, beside going out and copy ??? At least Nissan got it w/ Infinity & 350Z design, Honda got the NSX, and Toyota w/ that unique FJ truck.
Attached Thumbnails Look familiar ?-nam2.jpg   Look familiar ?-nam3.jpg  
Old 07-17-2006, 04:48 PM
JDM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2011 C300
hahahaha

These are the most retarded looking cars on the market. Talk about a mismatch of styling cues..a little benzo, a little park ave, a little of this a little of that. Crazy! ! And to think people actually buy this cr@p and want to be seen..and whats worse, kia keeps making them, I thought for sure the first run would flop..kinda like the pontiac assteck.

Is it just me, or is there anybody on here that finds this car tasteful? Of all the goofey freak show cars out there, this one takes the cake!

Last edited by JDM; 07-17-2006 at 04:56 PM.
Old 07-17-2006, 05:14 PM
Out Of Control!!

2007 E63
Isn't that the Amanti? It looks different from what I normally see. Anyway that thing is ugly, and it's so heavy because it uses the old style of sound deadening by packing in a bunch of heavy stuff.
Old 07-17-2006, 05:24 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
09' E350, 01' Maxima SE, 93 Nissan Maxima SE, 1987 Nissan Maxima SE
Yes it is the Amanti, and yes I think it's a badly designed car. I wouldn't be caught dead driving that. I used to tease my ex-bf about that car that if he wants a E class but can't buy one he coudl drive one of those pretending it's a Benz, LOL
Old 07-17-2006, 06:53 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
K Car
I rented one of those on a business trip to ND a few months back. I was actually quite impressed with the car. It was comfortable, and it drove very nice. It was no Mercedes of course, nor did I expect it to be. But for a Kia, it was nice. I certainly would not mind renting one again.
Old 07-17-2006, 07:18 PM
ATS
MBWorld Fanatic!

2004 E500 / 2001 C240
Anyone have an interior shot?
Old 07-17-2006, 07:21 PM

Harley-Davidson
Originally Posted by ATS
Anyone have an interior shot?
Knock yourself out. http://kia.com/amanti/amanti-photos.php
Old 07-17-2006, 07:25 PM
JDM

2011 C300
Old 07-17-2006, 07:30 PM

Harley-Davidson
Sorry you lost your lunch, JDM. That Kia has that same effect on me.
Old 07-17-2006, 07:40 PM
JDM

2011 C300
Originally Posted by revstriker
I rented one of those But for a Kia, it was nice. I certainly would not mind renting one again.

rev, I am ashamed of you, and I used to like you.
Old 07-17-2006, 07:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 40 Likes on 34 Posts
Tesla Model S P100D
Cup holders!

It does seem to have better designed cupholders... When will the BM engineers learn how to create useful cupholders?
Old 07-17-2006, 07:59 PM

2003 E-500
Originally Posted by revstriker
I rented one of those on a business trip to ND a few months back. I was actually quite impressed with the car. It was comfortable, and it drove very nice. It was no Mercedes of course, nor did I expect it to be. But for a Kia, it was nice. I certainly would not mind renting one again.
I also got one for a rental and really liked it. The interior was laid out well and it drove quite nice. Considering the price difference and great warranty, I could live with the "copy cat" design for a "business car". The KIA also came out quite high on oveall quality in the recent JD Powers report.
Old 07-17-2006, 08:05 PM
JDM

2011 C300
Originally Posted by Double Eagle
I also got one for a rental and really liked it. The interior was laid out well and it drove quite nice. Considering the price difference and great warranty, I could live with the "copy cat" design for a "business car". The KIA also came out quite high on oveall quality in the recent JD Powers report.

I can't belive it......I thought benz owners had tase, you know, and eye for art, a nose for wine, a palate for good steak and sea food, but apparently there are those who drive mercedes motor cars and still fail to have good taste..
Old 07-17-2006, 08:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 17 Likes on 3 Posts
2004 E320
I just rented one a couple of weeks ago for a Vegas trip and I was somewhat impressed with the plush ride. Felt like a caddy, but the handling aspect sure does suck! The power sucked and the gas mileage was horrible! The interior was very comfortable though with plenty of legroom (more room than my 320). Good fit and finish overall considering that it's a Kia. It's a "great" rental car, but I wouldn't consider owning one. For $25 a day, I would rent one again.
Old 07-17-2006, 09:11 PM

2011 VW cc, 2004 ML350
I haven't driven this one, but I see them, and they're God awful ugly. I did, however, get a Kia Optima as a loaner when I took my MIL's Accord in for service. We drove the crap outta that thing. I was not real happy with the way it looked, but it seemd to have good power. It was fun to roll on I-70 with the cruise control set on 120!
Old 07-17-2006, 09:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 17 Likes on 3 Posts
2004 E320
Originally Posted by JDM
I can't belive it......I thought benz owners had tase, you know, and eye for art, a nose for wine, a palate for good steak and sea food, but apparently there are those who drive mercedes motor cars and still fail to have good taste..

So owning a C240, which is considered an entry level for MB, makes you that better of a person? Get real! Look, I'm not trying to knock on you for owning a C class (still awesome cars) but you need to chill out with the c*cky attitude just because you drive a Benz. Status doesn't revolve around what car you drive. Double Eagle and Rev gave credit where credit is due. Yeah, the Kia is considered an economical car company, but the Amanti does perform well in certain areas. Would I own an Amanti...HELL NO...but would I consider renting one? Most definitely!

Last edited by W211 Ryda; 07-18-2006 at 12:44 AM.
Old 07-18-2006, 12:31 AM
Out Of Control!!

K Car
Hey, don't get me wrong, it's not a car that I would ever buy, and I think there was no comparison to Mercedes. But normally when I travel with a few people, we always end up getting a Lincoln. Compared to the Lincoln, I liked the Kia better (in fact, when I rented the Kia, another group I was traveling with had a Lincoln).
Old 07-18-2006, 12:48 AM

2005 Chrysler 300c and 2004 Range Rover hse
Originally Posted by W211 Ryda
So owning a C240, which is considered an entry level for MB, makes you that better of a person? Get real! Look, I'm not trying to knock on you for owning a C class (still awesome cars) but you need to chill out with the c*cky attitude just because you drive a Benz. Status doesn't revolve around what car you drive. Double Eagle and Rev gave credit where credit is due. Yeah, the Kia is considered an economical car company, but the Amanti does perform well in certain areas. Would I own an Amanti...HELL NO...but would I consider renting one? Most definitely!
Thank you
Old 07-18-2006, 12:51 AM

2005 Chrysler 300c and 2004 Range Rover hse
Originally Posted by zam2000
The new KIA:

front: look like an E class
rear: look like an S class
Quality: probably not bad, but drive like crap

Can't those Korean manuf design anything, beside going out and copy ??? At least Nissan got it w/ Infinity & 350Z design, Honda got the NSX, and Toyota w/ that unique FJ truck.
The back doesnt look like like an S class, it looks more like a lincoln town car
Old 07-18-2006, 01:40 AM
DWP
MBWorld Fanatic!

'08 AM Vantage V8 - '03 E500
OK, maybe it sounds condescending ... OK, maybe it IS condescending ... but I have no problem with the Koreans giving middle-income buyers a sense of luxury at a bargain price. Those folks are under a lot of pressure from rising gas prices, adjustable mortgage rates and credit card interest rates. The rising tide isn't lifting their boats. The Amanti's sticky-fingered appropriation of various luxury car styling cues isn't to my taste, but if somebody gets pleasure from driving the thing, it doesn't take anything away from my Benz. People still know the difference between a Mercedes and a KIA.

Besides, the Koreans are learning fast. Their quality ratings have gone from near the bottom to near the top. The Amanti may be hideous in the grand tradition of Korean car styling, but have you seen the new Hyundai Sonata? It's better-looking than an Accord or the new Camry (IMO), mechanically respectable, American-made and inexpensive. The concept may be alien to W211 drivers, but for most Americans a few thousand dollars is real money. In that market segment the Koreans are giving a lot of people a chance to buy a new family car, with a new-car warranty, at a price they can afford.
Old 07-18-2006, 08:53 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
00 MB ML55, 91 Toyota Supra Turbo(sold), 06 E500(gone), 03 BMW M3
I beleive that Kia is designed after a Jaguar? And why are you all jumping on the car? A friend of mine's mother purchased the Sorrento(the SUV that looks like an ML55) and I was blown away by it, great looking car, even came with stainless steel doorsills like my ML55. If they drive as well as people say, awesome

Most of us wouldnt consider them a replacement for our current cars, but we are paying respect where it is do
Old 07-18-2006, 10:44 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
2015 ML 350
Benz drivers ar all classy, wine sipping, gourmets? Hell, I drive a Benz! I listen to Oldies music loud, eat at the Outback, always am in a pair of jeans and New Balance sneakers. and Pizza is a way of life...

...although on another note... I stopped off at the dealer to ask about changing my big black hockey puck Satellite antenna to one of the new color matched small antennas, and they took me into the service department manager's office who said "Hell, what do you want to get involved changing stuff on a car that old." I told him I don't count time spent in the service department towards the age of a car. He said: "Alright, Get Out."

But you can't steal the nicest styling features from a couple of different cars, change them enough not to be convicted of stealing a design, slap them all onto one car and think you've designed a beautifull car. That particular KIA has a butt ugly exterior.

Last edited by Barry45RPM; 07-18-2006 at 12:12 PM.
Old 07-18-2006, 12:07 PM
JDM

2011 C300
Originally Posted by W211 Ryda
I humbly apologize, as my intent was not to come across ****y, I HATE ****y! I meant it light, and in no way would I ever consider myself superior to anybody, regardless of what they or I drive. I failed to convey my point. We drive beautiful cars, however I'm repulsed by the styling of that car in particular and was just suprised at the praise the car recieved from others who drive truly beautiful cars. I draw cars as a hobby, so can be quite particular when it comes to what they look like. I meant no offense, and feel bad that I came across other than I actually am.
Old 07-18-2006, 12:13 PM

Harley-Davidson
OK everybody - let's all have a group hug.
Old 07-18-2006, 12:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

98 Black C43 , 08' ML320 CDI ,11 E63
Originally Posted by Barry45RPM
...... I stopped off at the dealer to ask about changing my big black hockey puck Satellite antenna to one of the new color matched small antennas, and they took me into the service department manager's office who said "Hell, what do you want to get involved changing stuff on a car that old." I told him I don't count time spent in the service department towards the age of a car. He said: "Alright, Get Out."

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Look familiar ?