E-Class (W211) 2003-2009
Old 06-05-2015, 06:55 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:Browse all: General Overview
Print Wikipost

New E Class (W211) Picture Thread

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 24 votes, 4.96 average.

Old 05-06-2010, 04:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
fj-60 Land Cruiser
Wheels look great CFM!
Old 05-06-2010, 04:18 PM

2008 Mercedes Benz E550 AMG Sport Package
CFM

Very nice and clean. Glad to see you have taken care of it. It is interesting to see the older models. Not much difference through 2008.
Hope you hang on to her.
Old 05-06-2010, 04:30 PM

K7 GSX-R 750
Originally Posted by westcott
CFM

Very nice and clean. Glad to see you have taken care of it. It is interesting to see the older models. Not much difference through 2008.
Hope you hang on to her.
Westcott: quick ques - What is that emblem on ur fender? I think its this, if so I didn't know that E550's w/P2 came in a 6.3..............

-
Old 05-06-2010, 08:01 PM
K-A
Out Of Control!!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
Porsche Macan S SportDesign / Ex M-B's: 11 & 10 & 06 E350's, 02 S500
Nothing more tacky, low class, and desperate than putting a badge on a car that isn't valid of it, ESPECIALLY if it's an engine size that your car doesn't have (and really, what's wrong with a 5.5L 388 HP V8?). Just loses respect for the whole car, no matter how nice it is.

Just sayin'.
Old 05-06-2010, 10:38 PM

Originally Posted by K-A
Nothing more tacky, low class, and desperate than putting a badge on a car that isn't valid of it, ESPECIALLY if it's an engine size that your car doesn't have (and really, what's wrong with a 5.5L 388 HP V8?). Just loses respect for the whole car, no matter how nice it is.

Just sayin'.
Actually, there is nothing more tacky, low class, and disrepectful thatn someone who does not know when to keep their mouths shut.

Lesson?

Never say anything on the internet you would not say to someone's face.
Old 05-06-2010, 11:31 PM
K-A
Out Of Control!!

You put a badge on a car posing as something it's completely not, and you're upset that somebody comments on it?

What "classy" reasons would anyone want to advertise a 6.3L AMG Motor in a car that clearly doesn't have it.

Save from the tough guy stuff, I wouldn't want to be rude and confrontational, so I'd probably just laugh once the car drove off.

Not trying to be an ***, just trying to help instill some pride in having an E550.
Old 05-06-2010, 11:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Porsche 991S, Cayenne S, 1972 BMW 3.0CS E9 Coupe
Actually, there is nothing more tacky, low class, and disrepectful thatn someone who does not know when to keep their mouths shut.

Lesson?

Never say anything on the internet you would not say to someone's face.
I'd say it to your face. In fact, you'll get a whole lot of people saying it to your face.

Here, you can join the club of losers, er, I mean posers:

https://mbworld.org/forums/w211-amg/...ng-thread.html

https://mbworld.org/forums/clk55-amg...mg-posers.html

Hell, there's even a poser thread on the official MBUSA sponsored AMG Private Lounge forum. I guess MBUSA thinks it's tacky, low class, and disrepectful, too.
Old 05-07-2010, 12:10 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
MB
Thumbs down

I am one of them as well!
What a way to ruin an E550...
Old 05-07-2010, 12:38 AM
K-A
Out Of Control!!

Anyway, I don't think you'd want me to say it to your face....

Old 05-07-2010, 04:49 AM

Originally Posted by K-A

Save from the tough guy stuff, I wouldn't want to be rude and confrontational, so I'd probably just laugh once the car drove off.

Not trying to be an ***, just trying to help instill some pride in having an E550.
That would be so much more acceptable since I would be driving off with you in my rear view mirror.
Old 05-07-2010, 04:50 AM

Originally Posted by K-A
Anyway, I don't think you'd want me to say it to your face....

If you had the guts to say it to someone's face, then you probably are a steroid taking MF.
Old 05-07-2010, 04:55 AM

Originally Posted by 220S
I'd say it to your face. In fact, you'll get a whole lot of people saying it to your face.

Here, you can join the club of losers, er, I mean posers:

https://mbworld.org/forums/w211-amg/...ng-thread.html

https://mbworld.org/forums/clk55-amg...mg-posers.html

Hell, there's even a poser thread on the official MBUSA sponsored AMG Private Lounge forum. I guess MBUSA thinks it's tacky, low class, and disrepectful, too.
Well, I guess you would be just as big as *** hole as AK.

I may not like what others do to their cars either but I always follow the advice my mother taught me. "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all."

So who's the loser?
Old 05-07-2010, 05:10 AM
K-A
Out Of Control!!

That would be so much more acceptable since I would be driving off with you in my rear view mirror.
I wouldn't be racing you, so HP isn't an issue. Plus, you'd smoke my car with or without the extra HP of the 6.3 badge.

It's a car Forum, and of course people will comment on things that are supposed to be common sense amongst the "Enthusiasts" communities. I usually expect those who badge things that are clearly not what they're advertising, to have questionable "taste" or motives, etc.

On that AMG Thread you'd see lots of M-B owners laugh and snap a pic of it. Again, you have a beautiful car, why ruin it with that.

Idk, I'm just looking out for the wellness of M-B and AMG (and you/your car believe it or not). It's gotta suck to be either AMG or M-B, and have people falsely claiming what their cars are, and performing poorly (compared to what it should) when put to the test, or not providing the proper road presence of a real AMG, leading to a diminished opinion of AMG (in this case) from those who have encountered a poser car.

I'll just leave it at that.
Old 05-07-2010, 01:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Porsche 991S, Cayenne S, 1972 BMW 3.0CS E9 Coupe
Why do you have a 6.3 liter AMG engine badge on the fender of your 5.5 liter non-AMG E Class?

Seriously, answer the question honestly. What does that emblem do?

And here's a hint: why not put on an E350 badge instead of a 6.3 badge? What is an 6.3 badge doing that an E350 badge isn't doing?

What's ironic is that this is the reality:

1) the majority of people on the street cannot differentiate between an E63, a E550, and an E350. For non-MB owners/enthusiasts, they cannot tell the difference. So, you can put all sorts of badges on your car and nobody will know or care.

2) the MB owners/enthusiasts who do recognize the 6.3 liter AMG fender badge on an E550 will think you're being a poser for dressing your car up to be something it's not. They'll think you're a fool and laugh at you.

So, the 6.3 liter AMG fender badge really does only one thing: it makes you look foolish.

Why would someone put a M5 emblem on the back of their car if they owned a 550i? There's only one reason. They also wear tight jeans and stuff paper down into the front of their crotch.

fwiw, here's my car bought brand new last year. You know what model it is, right? That's because you're part of the 5% who knows. The fact is, the rest of the 95% of the people in the world don't have a clue, badges or no badges.

I'm thinking of putting V12 BiTurbo badges on the fenders. Maybe a Renntech badge on the back. People will be impressed, I hope. Well, at least the 5% MB owner/enthusiasts will be........right?

Old 05-07-2010, 05:34 PM

K7 GSX-R 750
Loook what I started.....

But I agree with everyone's rebuttal above, except for "WESTCOTT". I hate POSERS personally...thats why I called you out on it...

Why buy something you're NOT happy with?? I can afford a 6.3 and 'maybe' you can as well...but why front??

I'm extremely satisfied with my 5.5L 388HP V8...I have exactly what you have, including P2, but Black/Black! It is an amazing car in itself. Just think about what everyone is/has said.....they have a point!
Old 05-07-2010, 07:16 PM

2008 E350 4MATIC, 2002 ML320
I have an 08 350 4MATIC and more than happy with what I have. Sure it must be nice to own an E63 for the neck-breaking, street scorching power it has. Everytime I drive my 350, I feel so good - from time to time I'll see an AMG in front of me and all I say to myself is how fast can that bad boy go? I'd love to try it out....but then immediately back into my zone in my 350 and taking in all the little stares I get from other drivers -especially the ladies....

I personally don't care whether it's 350, 550, AMG, CIA, FBI, BLT, CBS.....what the heck, its a Benz!
Old 05-07-2010, 08:30 PM

K7 GSX-R 750
Originally Posted by lorryfan
I personally don't care whether it's 350, 550, AMG, CIA, FBI, BLT, CBS.....what the heck, its a Benz!
+1...I agree, that a Benz is a Benz!!

BUT, when people try to POSE a Benz into something it is not, I believe, it is a disservice, not only to the past and present Benz owners, but to its heritage as well.

Its as silly as putting a "S500" emblem on a "C300" most people wouldn't know, but those of us who do, know what I mean!

Mr. Benz probably turns in his grave every time!!
Old 05-08-2010, 01:27 AM

E CLASS
Old 05-08-2010, 06:12 AM
K-A
Out Of Control!!

LOL @ S550 on a C300. I'll bet it's been done, sadly.

I agree, having a Benz is good enough, that's how much respect the Brand commands. Goofy badges don't help, they hurt, because the only ones who would actually know enough to appreciate what the badge insinuates, would notice it's a phony, and laugh at its foolishness, like how 220s said.

Especially when it's a great model like an E550, we're talking almost a 400 HP V8 on its own.
Old 05-09-2010, 02:56 AM

2007 silver e550 p2 pano sport
I don't care much one way or other. I can see some logic in a guy spending extra money to buy the full AMG package for his new E350, and asking for an AMG badge. I guess I can understand that a little.
In a way, AMG has cheapened it's own brand. I think in 2009?, if you ordered a 211 sport package, it came 'standard' with AMG package (no badge, of course), or as a no-cost option. All this AMG marketing served to just cheapen the real McCoy for someone who might have preferred the exclusivity of the branding, with/without the benefit of the performance. Just to be "fair and balanced", the same applies to the BMW "M".
Issue at hand - "Posers" are herein defined as someone that is attempting to deceive, by the addition of an aftermarket accessory (i.e., badging).
My point:
How is this different from someone that takes a 2006 E350, adds the facelift grill, the AMG front bumper and body kit, AMG wheels, post-facelift taillight lenses, quad-tip exhausts, trunk-lid spoiler, and subsequently de-badges their vehicle. For everyone but hardcore, this thing is a debadged E63 AMG. And the owner/driver may be just fine with that perception.
Should this person, in order to NOT be a poser, be required to retain the E350 badge on the trunklid? . . .

Disclaimer:
I drive a totally stock (link-lowered) 2007 E550 Sport P2 Pano, with all factory badging.

EDIT: - there also are some that paint their roof black to appear as 'pano' . . . when they have not purchased the Pano option.

/

Last edited by Buddy Rabbit; 05-09-2010 at 09:31 PM.
Old 05-09-2010, 02:32 PM

MB
What? ^
Did any of the MB cars in 2009 that equipped with the 321 AMG sport packages have any "AMG" badges attach to them at all? ---->>> No, right?
The 09 AMG sport package only adds more visual sporty lines to a car, none of this AMG badges going on here...

Anyway, I am guessing your definition about poser is same as someone who modified their vehicles from stock. I think you cant even differential a poser vs. modded car as well...

There is a fine line you have to follow here, like many forum members pointed out: "Putting a badge onto a car that is not designated for is considered a an act of a poser style" Simple as that...you can put or remove any types of add-on to any cars you like, putting a badge on something that isnt designated for is a BIG No NO.
Old 05-09-2010, 11:14 PM

2007 silver e550 p2 pano sport
Originally Posted by Maddic
What? ^
Did any of the MB cars in 2009 that equipped with the 321 AMG sport packages have any "AMG" badges attach to them at all? ---->>> No, right?
The 09 AMG sport package only adds more visual sporty lines to a car, none of this AMG badges going on here...

Anyway, I am guessing your definition about poser is same as someone who modified their vehicles from stock. I think you cant even differential a poser vs. modded car as well...

There is a fine line you have to follow here, like many forum members pointed out: "Putting a badge onto a car that is not designated for is considered a an act of a poser style" Simple as that...you can put or remove any types of add-on to any cars you like, putting a badge on something that isnt designated for is a BIG No NO.

No, I agree, and I thought about it a bit more.
< I am not, in any way, making reference to the MB "AMG Package" option - see bolded above >
Badging an E350 as an AMG is a blatant, outright attempt at 'deception'.
Adding every available AMG aftermarket accessory, so that the appearance is nearly in every way identical to an AMG, leaves the matter to the 'perception' of the beholder. Not actually declaring "This IS an AMG" (badging), - but, by every outward appearance, that "This MAY be an AMG ?". . . Ok, there is a difference.

However, in both cases, you are creating the appearance of an AMG vehicle.
The argument here (@ MBWorld) seems to center around the "stop-light" scenario, where there is a BMW 550i, side-by-side with an AMG-badged E350. Of course, the E350 gets scorched.
Later that afternoon. Same BMW 550i - by just flat good luck - pulls to a traffic signal side-by-side with a de-badged E350 that has been adorned with every available AMG aftermarket accessory/component. Needless to to say, de-badged E350 gets slightly even MORE scorched.

BMW guy goes home feeling pretty good, having shown a fleeting glimpse of his taillights to TWO E63s - in the same day.

I have no dog in this fight. My E550 is badged as such, and I'm fine with that.
Old 05-10-2010, 04:33 AM

MB
I repeat: By putting a badge on any car that is not intended to is not deceptive, rather this is such a foolish act to oneself...

If you are a car nut/enthusiast, you probably spot the subtle differences between an AMG or M cars from any regular cars. In fact, why would anyone do this kind of stop-light races on every street corners...This foolish act is endangering all the innocent commuters imo...
Old 05-11-2010, 09:48 PM

K7 GSX-R 750
I'm STILL waiting for a honest response from "westcott" but nothing as of yet..???
Old 05-18-2010, 07:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 33 Likes on 31 Posts
2009 SL550 Roadster Diamond White, 2008 CLK550 Coupe Obsidian Black
so on our way to santa barbara once and stopped at an exxon (or mobil, same thing) gas station off of parkway calabasas (i have no idea why my friend would fill up from the most overpriced gas station in the west valley) and while we are inside i notice a light blue c230 kompressor outside but the badges on the back said CLK230 and kompressor. I pointed it out and we just rolled over in the gas station. as we come out we point and laugh and the two girls in the car are looking at us like wtf

another time (like 4 years ago) i called out a girl at a party once (and she was so fine, but that wasn't gonna stop me from making her look like a fool). She had a c230 but was was debadged with an AMG badge on the back. called her out in front of all her and my friends. she first lied and said prove it. two minutes later (after getting 20 people outside lol) and showing the 2 piston vs 4 piston amg brakes, oval vs circle fog lights and single exhaust vs dual, she finally admitted her father did it for her. till this day my enthusiast friends remember that night LOL.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 24 votes, 4.96 average.

Quick Reply: New E Class (W211) Picture Thread