MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   E-Class (W211) (https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-w211-20/)
-   -   Opening/Closing windows with key (https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-w211/199322-opening-closing-windows-key.html)

Piranajoe 06-25-2007 08:43 PM

Opening/Closing windows with key

The feature of opening and closing the windows with my key is not working.
I recently had the battery disconnected to install the Sirius radio module. Could this be the reason and how would I restore this feature. I have already synchronised the windows.
Thanks
2003 E500

Kimber 06-26-2007 12:35 AM

Synchronised Windows??

Originally Posted by Piranajoe (Post 2290737)
I recently had the battery disconnected to install the Sirius radio module. Could this be the reason and how would I restore this feature. I have already synchronised the windows.
Thanks
2003 E500

Why & how do you Sync. the windows??

rickyfanmdr 06-26-2007 02:30 AM

It could very well have caused your problem. I don't know how to fix it other than asking your dealer service rep. I had to resynchronize my pano roof once when they forgot to do it after they had disconnected the battery (I think--lol). It was simple to do. They told me over the phone how to do it.

csumt76 06-26-2007 10:01 AM

You may have a problem with the IR sensor in the door handle. Try it with the key directly over the sensor, and do it on both the driver and passenger side. It's not related to disconnecting the battery...

Barry45RPM 06-26-2007 10:28 AM

There is no IR sensor on the passenger door handle, only on the drivers side. It failed on my '04 too & would only worn intermittantly.

Blk04cobra1 06-26-2007 11:02 AM

Im sure you know how to operate the controls, so it might be something in the programming of the ECU...I would take it back to the dealer and have the run it on their computer to see if there are any codes popping up that you are not aware of...

konigstiger 06-26-2007 05:45 PM

Originally Posted by Piranajoe (Post 2290737)
Thanks
2003 E500

It could be coincidental that the IR sensor started malfunctioning, probably not related but I would revisit all connections anyway for precaution. Also for precaution:

Make sure IR sensor is clean (driver door handle).
Check the key battery: Press unlock, or lock button and the LED should light up briefly.
Restore factory setting: Press unlock and lock button simultaneously for couple of seconds until LED flashes twice. BTW you can switch between opening only driver’s door/fuel cap, or all doors/fuel cap.

If need be IR sensor I think it is part # A203 760 23 77 (door tumbler).

Aside, has version coding of the MOST ring been performed by the dealer and SIRIUS been activated?

Piranajoe 06-26-2007 07:03 PM

Originally Posted by konigstiger (Post 2292499)
It could be coincidental that the IR sensor started malfunctioning, probably not related but I would revisit all connections anyway for precaution. Also for precaution:

Make sure IR sensor is clean (driver door handle).
Check the key battery: Press unlock, or lock button and the LED should light up briefly.
Restore factory setting: Press unlock and lock button simultaneously for couple of seconds until LED flashes twice. BTW you can switch between opening only driver’s door/fuel cap, or all doors/fuel cap.

If need be IR sensor I think it is part # A203 760 23 77 (door tumbler).

Aside, has version coding of the MOST ring been performed by the dealer and SIRIUS been activated?

I tried the passsanger door and all the windows do open/close. I cleaned the Ir on the driver side but still no luck.
I installed the Sirius myself and it was basically plug and play. When I reconnected the battery the Sirius radio came on without any recoding.

konigstiger 06-26-2007 09:48 PM

Originally Posted by Piranajoe (Post 2292659)
I tried the passsanger door and all the windows do open/close. I cleaned the Ir on the driver side but still no luck. I installed the Sirius myself and it was basically plug and play. When I reconnected the battery the Sirius radio came on without any recoding.

Have you tried both keys on both the driver and passenger sides? Reason I mention this is that sometimes one key will work consistently and the other will work intermittently. Csumt76 called it, looks like the sensor needs to be replaced.

csumt76 06-27-2007 10:51 AM

Originally Posted by Barry45RPM (Post 2291647)
There is no IR sensor on the passenger door handle, only on the drivers side. It failed on my '04 too & would only worn intermittantly.

Now you have me trying to figure out when the IR sensor was removed from the passenger side on the W211. Every single 2003 I have seen is equipped with it.

Piranajoe 06-27-2007 10:16 PM

Originally Posted by konigstiger (Post 2292944)
Have you tried both keys on both the driver and passenger sides? Reason I mention this is that sometimes one key will work consistently and the other will work intermittently. Csumt76 called it, looks like the sensor needs to be replaced.

I think its the sensor, the passanger side works with both keys.
Thanks

TECHNICIAN 06-28-2007 10:17 AM

common problem. Needs a new IR sensor

Barry45RPM 06-28-2007 10:21 AM

Originally Posted by Piranajoe (Post 2294851)
I think its the sensor, the passanger side works with both keys.
Thanks

How are you able to lower the windows on the passenger side with the key? There's no IR Sensor on the passenger's outside handle.

barrafp 06-28-2007 01:06 PM

You can rule out the 2006 E350 with having Passenger side IR sensors. I know the w210 has passenger side ir.

csumt76 06-28-2007 01:31 PM

Originally Posted by Barry45RPM (Post 2295469)
How are you able to lower the windows on the passenger side with the key? There's no IR Sensor on the passenger's outside handle.

The 2003 model year W211 has both sensors.

Piranajoe 06-28-2007 02:52 PM

2003 E500 Both Sides have IR

Gethen 08-17-2008 07:32 PM

In my case, neither key/door works. I tried resetting one key via the above procedure, but that did not help. It must be that both door's IR sensors had gone bad.

Diesel Benz 08-18-2008 03:01 AM

Originally Posted by Gethen (Post 3002940)
In my case, neither key/door works. I tried resetting one key via the above procedure, but that did not help. It must be that both door's IR sensors had gone bad.

An old, long thread, I could not figure out which key reset procedure you were referring to but if your windows close with a single touch of the button, then it should be normalised and convenience closing/opening should work. If it doesn't, it must be the sensor at the door (or both). It is not the key since your cars starts.

SergioM 08-18-2008 10:49 AM

How do you sync the windows?

key workst perfecly whit doors, but i cant open/lock windows :nix:

Diesel Benz 08-18-2008 01:38 PM

Originally Posted by SergioM (Post 3003841)
How do you sync the windows?

key workst perfecly whit doors, but i cant open/lock windows :nix:

So how was it with one touch closure? Did it work?

Your user manual explains how to normalise the widows, basically press the close button until windows close and keep the button pressed a few seconds after the window is closed.

How did you try to open/close the windows with the key, did you point the door and keep the open/close button pressed?