MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   E-Class (W211) (https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-w211-20/)
-   -   What Mods did you do? (https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-w211/210028-what-mods-did-you-do.html)

b_rashed 09-16-2007 02:28 AM

What Mods did you do?

hey guys just wanted to get a post up here for what mods u guys did ur w211s. u can see mines on my signature but still want to see what u guys did.

Heejin 09-16-2007 02:42 AM

I did followings and love them all :naughty:

W211
- Parktronics
- Folding Side Mirrors
- Euro Bumper Impact Strip
- Digital Temp Control

- Sport Exhaust
- Short Shifter
- Clear Side Marker
- Silver Rear Console
- Red Caliper
- Valentine 1 Hardwiring

b_rashed 09-16-2007 03:19 AM

[QUOTE=Heejin;2412570]I did followings and love them all :naughty:

W211
- Parktronics
- Folding Side Mirrors
- Digital Temp Control

what is the parktronics do exactly and whats the bumper strip? how much did u spend on the folding side mirrors. and one more thing is that temp control the same as the one that is under neath where the fog lights are at.

Heejin 09-16-2007 03:30 AM

[QUOTE=b_rashed;2412594]

Originally Posted by Heejin (Post 2412570)

W211
- Parktronics
- Folding Side Mirrors
- Digital Temp Control

what is the parktronics do exactly and whats the bumper strip? how much did u spend on the folding side mirrors. and one more thing is that temp control the same as the one that is under neath where the fog lights are at.

Parktronics is the parking sensors on front and rear bumper. I find it quite convinient when I drive into my small garage :D While I got this retrofitted, I chose euro bumper strip which doesn't have the orage side marker.(I hope this explains what bumper strip is.)

I got my Folding Side Mirrors retrofitted by Sunil. You can either contact Sunil or Steve for the quote.

I believe that you already have Digital Temp Control since your car is E500 with 4 zone temp control. :rolleyes:

Benz-O-Rama 09-16-2007 11:19 AM

See signature

Abboushi 09-16-2007 12:25 PM

Originally Posted by Benz-O-Rama (Post 2412812)
See signature

hey Benzo, when you wired up your K40w/ jammer was it DIY when i inquired about it they suggested pro install how easy was it I hardwired my V1 it was easy but im interested in the jammer and do you have pics of the new exhaust setup w/ your bumper .

Benz-O-Rama 09-16-2007 12:32 PM

Originally Posted by Abboushi (Post 2412882)
hey Benzo, when you wired up your K40w/ jammer was it DIY when i inquired about it they suggested pro install how easy was it I hardwired my V1 it was easy but im interested in the jammer and do you have pics of the new exhaust setup w/ your bumper .

The k40 is definitely not a DIY. I took a K40 installer about 5-6 hours to get mine done and they charged me 400.00.

I'm actually getting the exhaust done next week. I've purchased the OEM E55 exhaust and I'm having a body shop do the cutouts and install it. I'll post pics with sound clips some time next week.

Abboushi 09-16-2007 01:29 PM

Originally Posted by Benz-O-Rama (Post 2412892)
The k40 is definitely not a DIY. I took a K40 installer about 5-6 hours to get mine done and they charged me 400.00.

I'm actually getting the exhaust done next week. I've purchased the OEM E55 exhaust and I'm having a body shop do the cutouts and install it. I'll post pics with sound clips some time next week.

yeah just as i thought when i seen the wires and they said has to be wired through the front and back ' i said yeah maybe its not DIY' lol.. not saying its not possible for a pro 5-6hrs is like me 15 1/2 hrs haha...
yeah i seen you purchased the e55 exhasut but i didnt see the update but def. keep us posted on that.:y

b_rashed 09-16-2007 05:02 PM

keep em coming guys.

brabus2ner 09-17-2007 04:30 AM

hi all,
this is the list of my mods:
HRE 547 20" wheels Size: F:20x.5 R:20x10
Reentech lowering module
Car color match gril
Car color match Side corner lights
Brabus door pin
Brabus Bodykits
Brabus exhaust
Brabus Shift knob
E63 Amg Brakes
that's for now.

Future mods: E63 duck tail, E63 tail lights, and more.. :):)

mpx220 09-17-2007 09:57 PM

Originally Posted by brabus2ner (Post 2413744)
hi all,
this is the list of my mods:
HRE 547 20" wheels Size: F:20x.5 R:20x10
Reentech lowering module
Car color match gril
Car color match Side corner lights
Brabus door pin
Brabus Bodykits
Brabus exhaust
Brabus Shift knob
E63 Amg Brakes
that's for now.

Future mods: E63 duck tail, E63 tail lights, and more.. :):)

Hey Brabs,

The boys over at Sonic MS took care of me today...just ordered Brabus MonoBlock VI 19x8.5 & 19x9.5 and AMG Body Kit. I decided to go the 19" route because of the feel of the ride. I take clients to lunch all of the time so I can't have a real rough ride...if not for that then I would have went with the 20's.

I have to pick an exhaust soon as well...have any suggestions?:bow:

mprsev 09-18-2007 12:31 AM

See signature.

b_rashed 09-18-2007 01:53 AM

Originally Posted by mprsev (Post 2415102)
See signature.

i love ur car. the e63 is one of my favorite cars out there.

brabus2ner 09-18-2007 03:09 AM

Originally Posted by mpx220 (Post 2414883)
Hey Brabs,

The boys over at Sonic MS took care of me today...just ordered Brabus MonoBlock VI 19x8.5 & 19x9.5 and AMG Body Kit. I decided to go the 19" route because of the feel of the ride. I take clients to lunch all of the time so I can't have a real rough ride...if not for that then I would have went with the 20's.

I have to pick an exhaust soon as well...have any suggestions?:bow:

Get the AMG exhaust. i can hook you up with the used one. I guess my friend still have it, He has a E55 amg but he change his exhaust to Carlsson exhaust. Anyway. Let me know if you want the exhaust. I will ask him, if he still have it for sale. Do they give u a good deal. Who do you take to in sonic. Maybe we can meet up sometime in the shop. Good luck dude. Anyway nice mod you are going too...:D:D:D

mprsev 09-18-2007 09:35 AM

Originally Posted by b_rashed (Post 2415181)
i love ur car. the e63 is one of my favorite cars out there.

Thanks dude, I agree these cars are smooth.:zoom:

mpx220 09-18-2007 10:06 AM

Originally Posted by brabus2ner (Post 2415212)
Get the AMG exhaust. i can hook you up with the used one. I guess my friend still have it, He has a E55 amg but he change his exhaust to Carlsson exhaust. Anyway. Let me know if you want the exhaust. I will ask him, if he still have it for sale. Do they give u a good deal. Who do you take to in sonic. Maybe we can meet up sometime in the shop. Good luck dude. Anyway nice mod you are going too...:D:D:D

They gave me a real good deal! John over at Sonic hooked me up...I asked about your car when I was there, he said that he wasn't the one who helped you but has seen your car around all the time.

I'll PM you about the exhaust. I'll my stuff should be in by the end of the month...we should hook up over there!

Long Islander 09-18-2007 01:52 PM

Originally Posted by Heejin (Post 2412570)

W211
- Parktronics
- Folding Side Mirrors
- Digital Temp Control

- Valentine 1 Hardwiring

Did the dealer install the Parktronics? There used to be a rear Parktronic kit available as an accessory, but I see they don't list it any more. Can you tell us more about your install?

zergcerebrates 09-18-2007 09:42 PM

Just my rims, was hoping to get others but em dunno what happened.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...tes/Neue_E.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...es/MB_back.jpg

b_rashed 09-19-2007 12:43 AM

Originally Posted by zergcerebrates (Post 2416368)

i like those rims. which ones are they. any idea of what u wana do next. and if u want i might have some rims thatll fit the w211. they are the foose speedster 20". check them online and see what u think. they came off my dads 2003 s500. they dont have tires but ill shoot them to you for hella cheap if u want them. pm me if interestes. keep them coming i think that this thread is gonna be a good one.... i hope.:D

b_rashed 09-19-2007 12:45 AM

oh and did some more things to my car. i just purchased the e63 tail lights from the dealer (what a grip of money for these bad boys). they will be in on friday or monday and they are LED :D. oh and i finally installed that damn cd changer in today, now that was like going to hell and back :v::D

brabus2ner 09-19-2007 02:49 AM

Originally Posted by b_rashed (Post 2416672)
oh and did some more things to my car. i just purchased the e63 tail lights from the dealer (what a grip of money for these bad boys). they will be in on friday or monday and they are LED :D. oh and i finally installed that damn cd changer in today, now that was like going to hell and back :v::D

how much for the e63 tail light. and does it works in E500 non sport. if you put in a led tail light. pls let me know because i also wanted it so bad. thanks

MARK CUMMINS 09-19-2007 12:03 PM

the dealer install the Parktronics? There used to be a rear Parktronic kit available as an accessory, but I see they don't list it any more. Can you tell us more about your install?[/QUOTE]

Dealers would say it can NOT be Done Unless the car was Built with it...lol

I Have seen the Rear only parktronic for the W210..But Not a W211

Steve @ MBENZNL.com or Sunil install the Parktronic option along with any other option/mod you may want.

Its a LOT of Labor to install Parktronic as most of the interior is removed along with the dash board

A Few Mods for Wifes W211

Active Euro Headlights
AMG E55 Tail lights .
Active Fogs
Euro front impact inserts
Parktronic
Distronic
Power folding mirrors with Euro Convex glass
Euro Comand
MB Tv Tuner
Heated wood / leather Steering wheel with Leather air bag
Tire pressure monitor system
E 55 grill
Euro door pins
AMG E55 Quad Exhaust
UHI phone kit with voice control
AMG E55 Bumpers/Side Skirts
Interior Motion sensor
AMG E55 Front and Rear Brakes
Front seats with Heat/ vented/multicontour/drive dynamic/massage
Trunk closer

All OE Mercedes Options..

Benz-O-Rama 09-19-2007 02:03 PM

Originally Posted by MARK CUMMINS (Post 2417126)
the dealer install the Parktronics? There used to be a rear Parktronic kit available as an accessory, but I see they don't list it any more. Can you tell us more about your install?

Dealers would say it can NOT be Done Unless the car was Built with it...lol

I Have seen the Rear only parktronic for the W210..But Not a W211

Steve @ MBENZNL.com or Sunil install the Parktronic option along with any other option/mod you may want.

Its a LOT of Labor to install Parktronic as most of the interior is removed along with the dash board

Active Euro Headlights
AMG E55 Tail lights .
Active Fogs
Parktronic
Distronic
Euro Comand
MB Tv Tuner
E 55 grill
Euro door pins
AMG E55 Quad Exhaust
Interior Motion sensor
Trunk closer

All OE Mercedes Options..[/QUOTE]

A FEW, Mark? LOL, who you are kidding. You have one of the most modded W211's in existence. The only other one I can remember having as much stuff as yours is that guy in Russia who even installed the auxiliary cabin heater.

zergcerebrates 09-19-2007 03:32 PM

Originally Posted by b_rashed (Post 2416669)
i like those rims. which ones are they. any idea of what u wana do next. and if u want i might have some rims thatll fit the w211. they are the foose speedster 20". check them online and see what u think. they came off my dads 2003 s500. they dont have tires but ill shoot them to you for hella cheap if u want them. pm me if interestes. keep them coming i think that this thread is gonna be a good one.... i hope.:D

Oh they're Brabus 20" rims. Got them 3 yrs ago and still without a single scratch puahhaha... I was thinking of getting the brabus kit or the AMG one with quad exhaust. Not sure yet, oh and maybe a trunk lip. :zoom:

b_rashed 09-19-2007 05:22 PM

Active Euro Headlights
AMG E55 Tail lights .
Active Fogs
Parktronic
Distronic
Euro Comand
MB Tv Tuner
E 55 grill
Euro door pins
AMG E55 Quad Exhaust
Interior Motion sensor
Trunk closer

Wow man. ok heres my questions if u dont mind answering them. how much did these parts cost
1)tv tuner
2)trunk closer
3)tire pressure monitor system
4)folding euro mirrors
and where did u get them, were they easy to install or what. and one more time WOW:y